GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

I don't know what it's called musically, but it's the point in the film where Darby is trapped in the leprechaun cave, and escapes by getting the little buggers cranked up, while playing the 'fiddle'.

Fine movie, 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People'-one of the best of the Disney live action films.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George,

I know the second one better than the first. I had a lady that worked for me whose husband LOVED that second one. Something about.. Janeway?? The first one.. I'm not sure which one it is in the series.. Good choices. As kathy was saying, some of us know how to REMOVE information from files and upload them onto another server to link them. But.. it takes a bit to learn how.

I say that but Kathy learned really quickly and does it well I might add.

sudo

Of course, EVERYBODY knows the Star Trek and Next Generation tunes, so I linked Deep Space 9 and Voyager. Like the first two, they had nice, symphonic theme songs. Then along came Enterprise, with this aberration, which probably was the reason the show never took off (so to speak). It's too bad, because Enterprise, at least in teh last season, had some great shows. A two-parter featuring the "mirror" universe used this theme song instead. Not terrific, but better!

And I know I need another server to "hide" titles. I'm sure Rick or Sudo would lend me some space, but it's not necessary. Just enjoy the links!

George

Well, Sudo,

Here's something a little different. As you may know, I write marches (about one a year) and am fortunate enough to have the Brazosport Community Band perform them. Assuming I can attach this file correctly, here's the one I wrote last year, entitled "Jacob." Most of my marches have biblical titles, but this one is really for my older grandson.

George

P.S. A recent picture of both of my grandsons is in the Gallery.

Hmm. It doesn't seem to be attaching. It's a cda file, if that makes any difference. It comes up fine on my computer in Windows Media Player. Help!

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I have Nero StartSmart on my computer. I haven't used it before, but I think I was able to convert it to an mp4 file. I've e-mailed it to Sudo, but I'll try to attach it here, as well.

George

Apparently, I can't upload an mp4 file here, either. Hopefully, Sudo will be able to convert it to some other format. Let's see what you're made of, Witch-boy!

Thanks, Doc.

Again, the march is titled "Jacob" after my older grandson (my "big pal"). It was performed in a concert by the Brazosport College and Community Band last Apr. 9. Jacob thought it was great that "Poppa was singing to him." (I also play baritone saxophone in the band.)

It was the first piece I've written using Finale software. In the past, I had hand-written all the parts. It takes longer to write the score using the software, but the parts are all extracted immediately, saving about two weeks of writer's cramp! I think my manuscript hand is pretty readable, but I think the players enjoyed a printed version, for a change.

George :dance: