The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can give you some space on my server. PM me if you want, and tell me what you want for a username and password.

Sending files to the server and linking to them is not hard at all. Kathy has taught some people in the past, and of course Sudo has, as well. I'm sure that one of them would be more than happy to help you get started.

Rick

OK, the original version of this song is old enough to be nostalgia so it's appropriate for this thread. :biglaugh: Click the "play" button in the middle of the box.
Come on darling you've got something I want. hahahahahaGosh that looks like an html thingee..... :blink:You and Sudo and your html thingees. :)
Hmm..there're still there.Here's favorite song and artist of mine-can you play video clips at work?Run for the RosesI don't know how to do it like Rick did-hope it works for you.
This is one of the finest songs on earth. Thank you!!!!! Edited by ChattyKathy

Yeah-I was trying to make Kathy's day. I didn't follow the normal "guess what" rules, but thought we all could use another treat.

Fogelberg had been through a bad bout with prostate cancer, and seems to have come out the other side ok. He isn't touring, but I believe he's still writing those great songs.

See ya!

Hey Sushi, HERE is another good live cut by Harry.

And since we heard Taxi, guess we should hear THE SEQUEL.

Rick

Oops, I missed going back to this.

The sequel is one of my favorites of his, thank you Rick.

Yeah-I was trying to make Kathy's day. I didn't follow the normal "guess what" rules, but thought we all could use another treat.

Fogelberg had been through a bad bout with prostate cancer, and seems to have come out the other side ok. He isn't touring, but I believe he's still writing those great songs.

See ya!

I'm sorry to hear of his illness. This is such a wonderful song and you did a wonderful job of bringing it here. I look forward to working with you with your posting. :)

Kathy

I have not been following the news very closely today but from the bits and pieces I've seen it is indeed a sad event.

The company I work for has a fairly large Amish clientele.

I stopped by my daughter's house the other day.

I just needed to use the phone.

My grandbaby answered the door

And said"Grandaddy, ain't nobody home."

You're Damn Right I've got the Blues!----------Buddy Guy

Waysider, of late my words have not adequatley stated things and looking back I see this is an example. I never mentioned the fun of one of the best known songs of Buddy Guy's as an apt response to my blues. I wanted to make sure I corrected that.

And I can't wait until Saturday, Rick and I were just going on about it on the phone, heehee. I wish you guys could join us.

Edited by ChattyKathy

Kathy---------I think you did an admirable job of conveying your thoughts.

Speaking of Buddy Guy-----You probably know he and Jr. Wells had an on again/off again musical partnership for close to thirty years. Though they bantered back and forth like an old married couple, I think a part of Buddy felt a void the day Jr. passed. I was in chicago the day they buried Jr.(on a totally unrelated trip) and there was a great sense of loss in the city. There must have been 250 cars in the procession. Buddy's last couple of projects seem to indicate he is once again in top notch form and ready to carry on .

On his "Sweet Tea" album he sang the lyric:"I'm an old man,I can't do the things I used to do".

Well, don't you believe it. Not only can he do what he used to do, he does it better than ever.

He's one of those cats you have to enjoy while you can 'cause the clock keeps tickin'.

Tops,

Here's your video the way Rick did it. I've gots to tell you about Rick, hon. He is VERY generous with his server space. And I think you would really like to learn how to do these links to posts yourself. However, it is maybe a little tougher than Rick let on to. Ask Kathy for another opinion. Now, YOU might take to it very quickly but some?? Have taken a lot longer.

I'm here to help you out, girl. You want to do this? I think I can speak for all of us when I say you would be a welcome addition to the Nostalgia thread.

sudo

Kathy---------I think you did an admirable job of conveying your thoughts.

Speaking of Buddy Guy-----You probably know he and Jr. Wells had an on again/off again musical partnership for close to thirty years. Though they bantered back and forth like an old married couple, I think a part of Buddy felt a void the day Jr. passed. I was in chicago the day they buried Jr.(on a totally unrelated trip) and there was a great sense of loss in the city. There must have been 250 cars in the procession. Buddy's last couple of projects seem to indicate he is once again in top notch form and ready to carry on .

On his "Sweet Tea" album he sang the lyric:"I'm an old man,I can't do the things I used to do".

Well, don't you believe it. Not only can he do what he used to do, he does it better than ever.

He's one of those cats you have to enjoy while you can 'cause the clock keeps tickin'.

I agree about the clock tickin' and BB King is another that everyone that can see him should cherish.

You were gracious in your response about my conveyance.

Tops,

Here's your video the way Rick did it. I've gots to tell you about Rick, hun. He is VERY generous with his server space. And I think you would really like to learn how to do these links to posts yourself. However, it is maybe a little tougher than Rick let on to. Ask Kathy for another opinion. Now, YOU might take to it very quickly but some?? Have taken a lot longer.

I'm here to help you out, girl. You want to do this? I think I can speak for all of us when I say you would be a welcome addition to the Nostalgia thread.

sudo (without your html <_< )

Yes, I do agree that it is a tad harder than it sounds when computer head :unsure: talks about it. Thank you kindly. :)

And I am working on the text to send our wonderful addition so she can start posting with us.