GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Bloomberg just held a press conference and says only the two people on the plane were killed: no one in the building was hurt: some firefighters were slightly hurt. He says the occupents of the plane were a student and a flight instructor: he is not confirming the identity of the pilot.

Since this is the Nostaglia thread, anyone remember Thurman Munson?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thurman Munson was the captain of the NY Yankees from 76-79, and had an impressive record in his baseball career. He was also killed in a small plane he was piloting in August of 1979, a plane he was learning to fly in his home in Canton, Ohio. So this is a double blow for the Yankees, with two players lost in the same manner.

I think I don't like this part of Ohio.

And you just learned I don't know that sport although one year Ted taught me quite a lot, but names I wouldn't know.

Guess what, the storm is here with rain and thunder and all that stuff but they turned off the sirens. :)

I don't know what that means but my head appreciates it.

Oh crap they just started again. :(

Plane crashes and celebrities----------Now there's fodder for about a zillion nostalgia posts though the subject matter may be a bit too morbid for large doses.

Chatster---Come back to Name That Tune.

I promise to behave

I promise to behave

I promise to behave

----------------x500

(I'm not using carbon paper,honest.)

:biglaugh: The carbon paper story. For those who don't know I spent many an hour writing "I will not talk in class" either on the chalk board or on paper. When I discovered carbon paper I thought I had such a good idea. I just put some carbon paper behind regular paper and ended up having twice the results with half the work. Of course when I turned my punishment in the teacher didn't know what the heck to do with me. Double my work the next time or reward me for the try anyway.

The thing was if any of y'all ever saw that old carbon paper it left purple on the back of the original sheet also so there was no way it would pass, I must have been a real bonehead. :biglaugh:

And yes it was a ugly storm but it's gone and no harm our way that I know of. Thank you for asking.

As to my returning to Name that Tune. I don't quite understand what went down there and until I do I won't be returning. So will you please hang with us here?

And thank you for being concerned about if I return anyway.

So when do we get together again, I've not looked except to see where Scotty will be. I should check out that newspaper.

:doh:

Geez Chatty, chill!

Unlike the Nostalgia Thread, the way to keep "Name that..." going is to give the answer, find out if you're right, and then give the next clue. I get frustrated when a few people play the "in-joke" game and never get around to answering. Since it's never a song I know, I have to wait around until SOMEBODY finally answers. The "subtle clue" stuff works here, but that's not the point of teh other threads.

I'm not trying to make you mad. You're always welcome to play, but let's keep it moving!

George