Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tops and Kathy,

You guys are great and I'm thinking that you, Tops, have got a feel for Nostalgia. I'm doing my part here by posting said song (click HERE!) for all of us. Great song that is indeed VERY poignant.

Hiway29.. that was supposed to be Kirk in the cell? Hee-hee!

sudo (who has the good MP3 for those who want it)

pretty bad drawing of Kirk, I agree, Sudo

In all fairness, they did have the likenesses of the main characters nailed on stock close ups (most every pose on the show was 'stock'-tons of re uses)

They tried to be SO realistic and cheap at the same time, that a pose like that, head down, eyes shut, would be too big a challenge for the animators crapping the show out

I left the name of this as "adventure" because it will never give itself away even with that. I don't recall the music theme and I watched the show so this might be a toughie.

Hint besides "adventure" in the name is...one member later died in a way that seems out of character for the television show he was in when younger.

HERE

Edited by ChattyKathy

I knew the answer before playing the theme, Kathy.To call that show 'adventures' was hilarious, considering that the 'adventure' usually consisted of going out for ice cream, or something.

I hate to admit it, but I loved that show, largely for that very reason. It was like tv valium, everyone speaking in measured tones, and never getting too worked up. Except for the end of course, when theylet one of them 'rock out'.

Can't explain why I enjoyed it, but I did. I just did.

Oh, and the word 'adventure' did give it away, which may reveal more about me than I care to think about !

Kathy,

I know it too! Yep.. great show. In fact, in later episodes when the boys were in college, they joined a fraternity and the fraternity guys were always hanging out at the house. When I went to college, this show was one of the reasons I joined a fraternity as it looked like so much fun.

sudo

That fraternity looked like fun largely because of Wally, the fat guy with the weird laugh. They were a wholesome bunch, studying, taking Coke breaks, and encouraging father-son days on campus.

The show of course, was 'the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet', which ran an amazing 14 years on tv, and was a big hit on the radio before that. David and Ricky went from being little kids, to married adults ( with their real life wives playing the roles). In fact, the Nelson house was modeled after Ozzie and Harriet's real house,right down to the ugly eagle over the mantle.

The usual joke about the show was that noone knew what Ozzie did for a living, but it was clear he was a retired bandleader, just as he had been a big bandleader in the 30's and 40's in 'real life'.

Of course, in 'real life', Ricky had drug problems, marital problems. But for the most part, the personalities on screen were pretty much who they were. The show wasn't about those kind of 'adventures'.

The show finally left the air in 1966 mid season-replaced by.....'Batman' !

Chatola,

It's Dreams Go By.

Listen to the seasons passing

Listen to the wind blow

Listen to the children laughing

Where do broken dreams go?

Great song Sushi, thanks again.

Kathy,

I know it too! Yep.. great show. In fact, in later episodes when the boys were in college, they joined a fraternity and the fraternity guys were always hanging out at the house. When I went to college, this show was one of the reasons I joined a fraternity as it looked like so much fun.

sudo (not centered <_< )

So was the frat house like you thought it would be?

Edited by ChattyKathy

Kathy

I have not been following the news very closely today but from the bits and pieces I've seen it is indeed a sad event.

The company I work for has a fairly large Amish clientele.

I stopped by my daughter's house the other day.

I just needed to use the phone.

My grandbaby answered the door

And said"Grandaddy, ain't nobody home."

You're Damn Right I've got the Blues!----------Buddy Guy