The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sound of sonar in your clip reminded me of two shows, THIS ONE, which clearly isn't it, and another show starring Richard Baseheart and David Hedison. Is that it?

George

Though I've been unable to find a sound clip of the show I have in mind, I did find out that the same composer wrote the "Time Tunnel" theme, which also sounds a bit like your clip.

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

just musing-

Irwin Allen shows always started off promising, then turned into mindless 'monster' shows.

"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" had an intiguing first season, but the sub soon became the focal point for alien invaders, and other monsters. How all these aliens keyed in on a submarine to 'pop' in on was a mystery.

"The Time Tunnel' was a good idea, though you knew those 2 were never going to find their way back. It took less than a season for them to be confronting aliens through time every week.

"Lost in Space" was actually pretty good for about half a season, until it became the Dr Smith, Will, and robot show, with the aliens more ridiculous each week. Dr Robinson and Don should have been watching their son , instead of spending all their time repairing the weather stations.

"Land of the Giants" was a dog from day one

I did see the Legion cartoon. I kind of liked it, though I could rip it apart if I was in a foul mood.

But for the most part, it was well written, and true to the 'spirit' of the legion.

Maybe I'm just happy they included Bouncing Boy, of all people. All they need now is Matter Eater Lad.

Nostalgia,

I loved Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. I watched it with my dad and it was so powerful being aboard a nuclear submarine with nuclear weapons. Of course, we were led to believe (at least how I perceived it) that this one submarine could destroy the known world with its arsenal. There was an admiral on board this ship because it was so powerful. Yes.. heady stuff for a 10 year old boy.

sudo

Kathy,

And maybe the little boy shows were just BETTER shows, huh? I've noticed things slowing down a bit here and I think I know the reason. People are feeling inadequate and under appreciated. But I have help! YES! just click HERE! and get with the program.

Maybe we need a therapy session where everyone takes the medication and.... whatever happens at the Nostalgia thread party STAYS at the Nostalgia thread party!!! :evilshades:

sudo

I'll take a margarita with lime and salt. On the rocks, not frozen. Warning! Tequila makes my clothes fall off! You ready Sudo?

Suda

P. S. Sudo, you can have the worm at the bottom of the bottle. Not crazy about eating worms of any kind!

Edited by sudossuda

George,

And you are a man of your word! Here's one that is very nostalgic for me. I remember the year exactly as it was a time in the 60's when all our family friends were upwardly moblie and moving to fancy houses. I mean NICE houses with a full two bathrooms and over 2000 sq. feet. Not the tiny ones we had grown up in with about 1000 sq. ft. (1200sq. ft. for the more affluent) and a single bathroom. To this day I still will ask where is *the* bathroom when I'm at someone's house even though I know they probably have at least four.

Yes, times were good back then for us AND America. Click HERE! Name what you know.. artist.. year.. whatever.

sudo

Alan Sherman 'Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh' about a letter home from Camp Granada

probably '63 or so, though Alan Sherman had been around for years, and was one of the creators and producers of 'I've Got a Secret", the long running Gary Moore game show.

Camp granada catapulted Sherman to fame, selling millions and leading to appearances on Ed Sullivan and a string of comedy albums.

There was a follow up return to Camp Granada , as well as a few hit albums, usually consisting of popular songs satirized with a Jewish flavor.

Sherman's career fell almost as swiftly as it rose in the late 60's when his brand of humor fell out of vogue. He died around 1973, in his late 40's, early 50's.

My oh my. Sudo, I haven't heard that song all the way through since I was a child. The final refrain always stuck with me, but not the rest of the details, and it is as funny as I remember.

I also recall that in 64 or 65, he was in the Thanksgiving Day parade and we all gathered around our new novelty, the color TV, to listen to him sing that song-one of our rare family moments.

Thanks for a wonderful flashback.

Nice tune, definitely turned back the clock for me. A lot of playing outside and having fun with family. And of course lots of singing.