The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got an old movie clip for you guys!

Yep.. recorded off TCM again. This lady was some kind of alluring and beautiful on the screen but as the TCM host was saying, she didn't have it off screen. The ladies here will probably be scratching their heads about why the guys went ga-ga over her :) . Click HERE! And for those of you who know the actress and the movie... yes... I also have THAT clip to post later!

sudo

I'm not sure why you think the ladies won't get it, since she's a beautiful woman.

I don't know much about her off screen life except a vague recollection that she had serious psychological problems later in life, and that she seemed to disappear from films before she got 'old'.

If the TCM guy says she didn't 'have it' off screen, I'd be inclined to take his word, as I respect his viewpoints.

I always thought she was pretty hot.

I haven't seen this movie (including THAT CLIP, whatever that will be), but her character's name was enough for me to find the movie. I love these quotes (found on Wikipedia):

Gilda: I can never get a zipper to close. Maybe that stands for something, what do you think?

Johnny: Pardon me, but your husband is showing.

Det. Obregon: You two kids love each other pretty terribly, don't you?

Johnny Farrell: I hate her!

Det. Obregon: That's what I mean. It's the most curious love-hate pattern I've ever had the privilege of witnessing.

Johnny Farrell: Doesn't it bother you at all that you're married?

Gilda: What I want to know is, does it bother you?

Gilda: Don't you know about me Gabe? If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me "The Bar Nothing."

Gilda: Hate is an exciting emotion...haven't you noticed? Very exciting. I hate you too Johnny. I hate you so much, I think I'm going to die from it...darling...I think I'm going to die from it.

Ballin: Gilda, are you decent?

Gilda: Me? Sure...I'm decent.

George

George,

Re:"I haven't seen this movie (including THAT CLIP, whatever that will be)..."

Granted. If you haven't seen the movie then you don't know what THAT CLIP would be but what about those who have seen it and/or familiar with what is most famous from that movie?

Any guesses what that would be folks? And hey!! We haven't had any ladies commenting yet. Now I THOUGHT they might be yawning but oh man.. how seductive this actress was on screen.

sudo

Kathy,

I thought you might really like this one! This is a car advertisement from Great Britain. When they finished filming the ad, the film editor noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist. They found out that a person had been killed a year earlier in that exact same spot. The ad was never put on TV because of the unexplained ghostly phenomenon.

Watch the front end of the car closely as it clears the trees in the middle of the screen and you'll see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road....Spooky!

Is it a ghost, or is it simply mist? You decide. If you listen to the ad, you'll even hear the cameraman whispering in the background about it near the end of the commercial. A little creepy but it seems to be authentic! You may need to turn up the volume a bit to hear it! Click HERE!

sudo (teaching Kathy about deleting her posts willy nilly)

Kathy, I thought you might really like this one! This is a car advertisement from Great Britain. When they finished filming the ad, the film editor noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist. They found out that a person had been killed a year earlier in that exact same spot. The ad was never put on TV because of the unexplained ghostly phenomenon.Watch the front end of the car closely as it clears the trees in the middle of the screen and you'll see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road....Spooky!Is it a ghost, or is it simply mist? You decide. If you listen to the ad, you'll even hear the cameraman whispering in the background about it near the end of the commercial. A little creepy but it seems to be authentic! You may need to turn up the volume a bit to hear it! Click HERE!
sudo (teaching Kathy about deleting her posts willy nilly)
Okay, truth be told I was mad at Rick, which has nothing to do with the post, and I had just hung up on him and then I deleted this post that you brought back (thank you very much). I was being childish and won't be doing that stuff again. And let me add this footnote to my hanging up on Rick. I think Cynthia could get away with it for certain but I would hate to be anyone else that did it. He suffers me quite a great deal because I have done it before to him. :unsure: My son actually sent it to me and I thought it worth seeing so that was why I brought it the first time but then after I started thinking of the reply I got and not being certain I allowed that to add to an already heavy load and I deleted it also. Geez! :doh: I'll do better. :wink2:(poop on a stick I forgot the html) Edited by ChattyKathy

:biglaugh: I just love the dadgum saying. And once when one of my nephews was around 5 and we were eating he asked could he have some more of that meat on a stick (a chicken leg) and I think the saying was born shortly thereafter. Unless I heard it before and forgot. :)

(oh yeah, I know you know Rick called me and I got un-mad, but I neglected to mention that here, so I just did)

Bless your heart. Sorry.

I received the post that Sudo posted from my son and posted it, then SaintGeorge replied and at first I thought he was joking but then I wasn't sure what his post meant and being in a heavily burdened state already I said screw it and deleted it.

Later on that day I decided to post it again, and then already in a row with Rick I hung up on him and then came back and deleted it again. And the post has nothing to do with Rick, I was just being childish and stomping my feet by deleting my post. But he called and made me un-mad.

So I was thanking Sudo also for bringing it back.

Edited by ChattyKathy