The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cathy------These guitars(also commonly called resonophonic guitars were quite popular before the advent of electricity and amplifiers. The "pie plate" acts as a built in amplifier.

National Guitar made one that was made completely out of metal and often had ornate Hawaiian designs inscribed. They are often refered to as "National Steels". The are not only great sounding but beautiful works of art as well.

I saw Scott Ainslee play a 1939 model at the Hot Licks a couple years ago. He is a true master of the instrument . He also played a diddley bow(one stringed guitar) but that is a whole other story.

Did you ever have to make up your mind

Pick up on one and leave the other behind

It's not often easy and not often kind

Did you ever have to make up your mind

Did you ever have to finally decide

Say yes to one and let the other one ride

There's so many changes and tears you must hide

Did you ever have to finally decide

His looks gave him away but I couldn't put a name to him at first. :unsure:

Looks like this might be a good time to recapitulate. We had so much being posted I didn't want to jump in and derail so to speak. But going back several days, I failed to answer Hiway29 about his guess. Actually, turns out he wasn't guessing. I had posted a clip (HERE!) and Hiway29 knew the actor was Arthur Treacher of fish and chips fame. Anyone remember those fish and chips places? I didn't care for the way they did the fish and thought it probably Americanized. The fish was probably done differently in England but I do digress, don't I??

Here's another clip from the same movie.. oh, and I forget.. was it Tops who guessed the movie? But yes, it was about the little girl who searched the hospitals fo her daddy.. The Little Princess. Only in this longer clip of the dream sequence (click (HERE!) we see a future television Robin Hood and Batman Joker. Does anyone recognize them?

sudo

a goodbye to Jane Wyatt, who just passed at 95 or so.

She was one classy tv mom on 'Father Knows Best', and a fitting mother for Spock, among many other film roles.

I think she even one more than 1 emmy for Father Knows best. In the age of memorable tv moms, that was saying something.