GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Kathy,

Re:"Sudo, I don't know the first one but the second is WONDERFUL. What a song, thank you very much!"

Didn't I tell 'ya?? That song ROCKS! Especially if you have good speakers and really let it wail. We have the same tastes in music, it appears. At least with THIS song. Click HERE!

I'm going to have to give some clues on the movie. It won 8 Academy awards in 1973, I think it was, and was set in Germany in the early 30's. Click HERE! What a sweet melody. It could be a lullabye. I have the good MP3 of it, too. wink2.gif;)-->

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy,

Re:"Sudo, I don't know the first one but the second is WONDERFUL. What a song, thank you very much!"

Didn't I tell 'ya?? That song ROCKS! Especially if you have good speakers and really let it wail. We have the same tastes in music, it appears. At least with THIS song.

I'm going to have to give some clues on the movie. It won 8 Academy awards in 1973, I think it was, and was set in Germany in the early 30's. What a sweet melody. It could be a lullabye. I have the good MP3 of it, too. wink2.gif;)-->

sudo

You're absolutely right that song ROCKS! I found myself humming it today at work. You know how you get a tune in your head and it just stays with you for hours. That's a really kewl thing when it's a song like that one where we most certainly have a mutual love. And as you said really let it wail. It makes the hair on your arms stand up. Yup! icon_smile.gif:)-->

But I haven't a clue on your other song so please can you give a hint.

And btw when the song is some insane one like the oldies 'the bird' [not sure name] and it gets stuck in your head. It kinda makes you nuts like your torturing your own self. confused.gif

Pirate knows.. icon_cool.gif

Sharon.. tell Jeff he's welcome to hang out. Reikilady was never in TWI either but that doesn't stop her from getting to know everyone. She and Oakspear are getting married, you know??

Kathy.. have a good one. EVERY weekend can't be hopping around here like last weekend was.

1kScreennames.. check out the thread I started for you in the computer help section.. we'll get this problem solved one way or another.

sudo

Have you ever sat at a stop sign and waited for it to turn green? I only realized I was doing so when the guy that was sitting next to me (4 lane roadway) proceeded on and gave me a strange look in his side truck mirror (so I could see his face). So I tried to look like I had planned that. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sudo and Sharon, I'm stumped! I know Rick's I think. But dang, I just can't come up with anything on either. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Oh yeah Geo, regarding

...well I kinda liked it, but then I would...

You do well to keep your given name dude. wink2.gif;)-->

Just a comment to Sudo- the first song posted a bit back there, plays a key part in 'Sullivan's Travels'-the movie you were mystified that I was moved by, since it's ostensibly a comedy.

I return you now to movie quotes that I have no clue to.

Kathy,

Re:"I'm stumped! I know Rick's I think."

Then that means you have to take a guess. Simon says. Rules are rules. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. I forgot that only one other person had guessed Rick's. I think the guy who went nuts in that movie acted kinda' strangely as well as a TV detective.

Hiway29.. I KNOW you've seen the movie I keep harping on and giving hints for. I've got something a little different 'fer 'ya... A karaoke version of the theme song!! When I play it I can sing the heck outa' the song but if I didn't know what song it was, I'm not sure I would be able to tell.. just from the music. So.. click on the pic and see if it helps..

apic.gif

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy,

Re:"I'm stumped! I know Rick's I think."

Then that means you have to take a guess. Simon says. Rules are rules. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. I forgot that only one other person had guessed Rick's. I think the guy who went nuts in that movie acted kinda' strangely as well as a TV detective.

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Rick, although maybe I'd not agree it would appear that dude's ugliness should have won him a place as an art masterpiece.

Um, like I did that here. icon_razz.gif:P-->

And I finally know that movie. I mean if I didn't know it after the picture well then I reckon I'd be just hopeless. icon_smile.gif:)-->

A great quote from it I thought was.

In here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful!

Sharon, thanks for the great movie clues you certainly had me stumped.

Kathy,

Sure that was a clue wink2.gif;)-->. Rex Harrison was a FINE man, uh, as far as I know anyways.

Here's something a little different. I'm posting the entire movie!! I'm such a sucker for dog movies as I've said and this one has the cutest little puppy dog in it.

Even for those with broadband, this will take about 60sec to load so be patient. But click here and name one of the actors. Oh, such an adorable puppy!!!

sudo (who had a great Mother's day)

darn-I was almost going to say the 'Ghost and Mrs Muir'. I think I was subconsciously thrown by memories of that awful tv show they did, with Hope Lange. Well, maybe it wasn't 'awful', but I never sat through an entire episode without turning channels due to boredom.

But I should yhave known that Gene Tierney looks nothing like Anna.

I am definately slipping lately.

..Looks like I'm going to have to give some clues. Though the actors may look familiar (William H. Macy?? I was thinking.. Brad Pitt) I'm going to try and help out here. See.. in any movie there are scenes that wind up on the cutting room floor.

So yeah, although I posted the ENTIRE movie (click HERE!) I'll post some stills from the deleted scenes..

nl.jpgll.jpgel.jpgcl.jpg

.. and of course.. the real stars of the show..

dl.jpg

sudo

Sudo, what a beautiful family! Thank you for showing us the cutting room floor parts. Okay, the dogs cute too. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I have a message from Rick (Bluzeman).You won't be reading him because his monitor kissed the dust. But he sounded pretty calm and collected to me a few minutes ago. Even if I don't use this thing IT BETTER WORK or I get real cranky. Rick said he'd be back around in a couple days. But between y'all and me I think he won't miss us because he's having too much fun on his off time playing guitars. And I get to hear him and he's like no other I've heard. He's incredible. (shhhh) Remember that was between us, he can't read us right now. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->