Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waysider,

I agree with George.. you know it. Now.. what took you so long? I thought I had posted a hard one or something. Here's an MPG (so it may take a while to load) of a very famous movie line. Click HERE! folks and name characters, actors or whatever. This is one of those movies I like to watch about once a year or so.

sudo

Well, like I said, Sudo, I did that scene in a "studio". (a performance that was only intended for the students in the class.)

I even remembered some of the lines.

It's a tough play to pull off effectively because of the idiosyncrasies of a couple of the characters. There is great symbolism in it if one is so inclined as to approach it from that angle.

George Aar,

You got it all. In fact a lot of folks who haven't even SEEN the movie can name it because the line is so famous. As I was saying, I like to watch it every year or so buts not in the same league as Of Mice And Men. How many here other than Waysider has watched it either on the stage or silver screen? I can see why a drama teacher would use some of the script in an acting class. My assessment of both Gary Sinese and John Malkovich's acting abilities (especially John Malkovich) went way up after having seen this version.

Has anyone seen the 1939 version with Lon Chaney Jr. and Burgess Meredith? It was Lon Chaney jr.'s best role because of his having been type cast in B movie horror shows. Even most of his Wolfman series had B movie production values.

sudo

P.S. I guess we're playing again a bit? Here's an audio that those under 50 have probably never heard. Click HERE! and see if you remember the Russian connection.

Hiway29,

Ohh.. nice answer about Sputnik but I'm wondering if indeed anyone under 50 would know that song and BTW.. 'ya seen Lon Chaney jr. as Lenny and Burgess Meredith as George?

sudo

I haven't.

Incidentally, the clip you posted was of a song often considered the first of the "British Invasion." The recording by The Tornados was the first British pop song to reach #1 in the US.

George

The Burgess Meredith/Lon Chaney version is the only one I've seen.

I just can't get myself to watch many remakes, as they miss the mark so badly, so often.

Or, maybe it's just that you get used to thinking of so-and-so as a certain character and anyone else just doesn't do it for you.

Like Fletcher Christian, I still can't see Marlon Brando in that role, gotta be Clark Gable. And Captain Bligh? Nobody could ever hold a candle to Charles Laughton's...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like this thread may not be totally gone and forgotten. Good to see you Bluzeman. I think you have been on this thread since WayDale days, right? OK.. I want to play... was a bird involved with the main character on this TV show?

sudo

Good to see you too! Yeah, been posting on it since back when it was only about 3 pages long I think.

Yep, there was a bird. A big one. :)

Rick

I often sit at a coffee place that's right across the street from the scene of the star's crime. The infamous restaurant doesn't appeal to me much.

The star was also one of the more annoying of the Our Gang kids. He did come along late in the game, when the series was a shell of it's former self, though.

Figuring out life here in Florida.

The other day running from an alligator which was in the pond by my workplace. I had misjudged it as a nice place to rest while at lunch. I saw it coming out of the water onto land heading towards me and I was out of there, turning only once to see if it came over the berm I had been sitting on. I learned there are two in that pond, one around 7' and little one that came towards me which was only about 4'. I will not be hanging out over there anymore. :unsure:

How have you been?

And thank you for the welcome. :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cathy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Long time no see, girl. Did it take Bluzeman posting on the Nostalgia thread that brought you back to us? And you're living in Florida now? You might had mentioned that but I guess I didn't remember. OK.. I'll post one. Click HERE! for a tune that was first a big hit in the 30's (I think) and then the theme for a movie.. and then the theme for the TV show... which wasn't really that good. But the movie?? I LOVED it. I cut the clip off at when the words started because obviously that would have given it away.. I can post the whole tune later!

sudo

P.S. Here's a bonus for those interested in old stuff. It was so popular back in 1970 and it was being played in most of the dorm rooms at Ole Miss. 'ya get points if you know which concerto :) HERE!