GreaseSpot Cafe

noni juice

excathedra

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a bottle of NONI JUICE . It is one NASTY TASTING JUICE , my wife says it taste like ROTTEN OLIVES .

After searching all the sites that sell it I decided on one that I believe is the only one that was 100% pure Tahitian juice. All the others add other juices to mask the flavor so you get less for your money.

I can see how you can loose weight drinking it, 2 oz. before a meal and you have no desire for food because of the taste. Although it is nasty, I will take 2 oz. per day till it is gone and report back the results.

Anything that nasty tasting must be good for you, no one would drink it if it wasn't.

BLAHHH....NASTY Just drank some.

• 2 weeks later...

Costco, a business-owners' warehouse shopping center (I know they are in Nevada and California), carries Noni juice now.

I think this is a mark of acceptance into non-fringe health world.

It's not pure, but mixed with fruit juice and water, and it taste like a pleasant grape-y juice.

Don't know the concentration of Noni juice.

$13.99 for 32 oz.

So after I plunk down $13.99 to try this stuff,

It occurs to me "Noni" is related to the movie "Johnny Lingo," a Mormon (LDS) movie.

The wealthy Johnny Lingo made and makes his money selling the processed Noni plant.

And the movie is financed, at least in part, as indicated by the logo, "Tahitian Noni" on the credits.

So I got to wondering how much of the beneficial effects of this Noni juice can be attributed to the hype? How much to actual benefit?

wondering....

Kit

• 3 months later...

(Note: This is addressed at no one in particular.)

Let me guess, if you take the Magic Noni Juice and bubble oxygen through it, you'll have so much detoxifying homeopathic healing karma coursing through your veins that you'll spontaneously combust from the sheer anti-establishment nirvana it sends you to. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

No wonder Wierwille had no problem swelling the ranks of TWI. People will believe anything as long as it's sensational and iconoclastic. If this stuff really worked, don't you think some Big Evil Corporation would be bulldozing islands to set up noni farms to control the world's supply? After all, they're only interested in money, money, money, and if you can sell the junk for $30 a quart, you'd own the oil barons in ten years. ...or are they already doing it? It's not like anyone here actually flew to Tahiti and bottled their own noni. Oh, but these Corporations are producing stuff you want to believe in, so they're not Big or Evil?

How do you know it isn't some cruel joke wager between two of the shadowy conspiracy that really controls everything? One of the Rothschilds could have bet another that he couldn't sell rotten olive juice to people for $100 a gallon...and lost.

Remember: If you pay way too much for something you didn't really need, and it breaks the first week you bought it, you've just contributed to a secret Illuminati fund-raising project. (see iPod, GameBoy, AOL, etc., etc.)

icon_smile.gif:)-->

I nominate excathie for "Miss Congeniality".

Actually the nomination should go to Zixar...but last I heard there is no Mister Congeniality award....so I think by default he's exempt.

• 2 months later...

One person Pt'd me saying noni helped get rid of a tumor. (Could it be not wanting to run the gauntlet of ridicule and insults so rampant at Greasespot?)

I do what someone stated as a ridicule: I put some noni juice in oxygenated water instead of coffee in the morning.

I have tried different brands. And found that most, especially the Costco and Walmart brands, add fruit juices and other flavors to make it tastier.

I tried ordering some pure Tahitian noni online and that was nice, and added the fruit juice and flavorings myself.

Today I found a Hawaiian company, and ordered one bottle to try that. I am hoping it will be fresher than the Tahitian noni, and perhaps better tasting:

I have some friends who occasionally try to get me into their "downline" for noni juice. They never talk much about the benefits of drinking it, just the benefits of peddling it.

I think I'll get a jug and try it out. I've seriously heard some good things from people that I trust who use it.

I need all the help I can get.

WOW, Kit, you must really be throwing down some cash for all that Noni.

Delete, Even if the drug companies get ahold of the vitamin production and REGULATE WHAT ACTAULLY GOES INTO THOSE PILLS, you aren't going to need a prescription. You know the medicine aile in your grocery store, usually where all the vitamins are? All those other medicines are made by drug companies. You don't need a prescription at my grocery store.

Don't be afraid just be happy that someone cares enough to make sure what you are putting in your mouth is actually what you think it is.

I've used Noni and this revived thread reminded me of the bottle in my fridge.

It's great stuff. For instance, I gave a bottle to my great aunt last year and she took it faithfully for awhile. She is NOT the type to try to make you feel good...she's a good lady but she has always been on the blunt side. Yet she said that while she was taking it she did not have to use her cane. So interesting to me. I would gladly have given her more but she is extremely frugal and would not allow the expense.

So I don't know what to make of it all. I don't recall what benefits I may have enjoyed while taking it. If they had been great, why did I stop taking it? I don't know. I sometimes can't stand the flavor. But today, it didn't bother me at all. I'm a believer though. The earth must produce a great many things that we would benefit from, I would imagine!