GreaseSpot Cafe

Mark Gluckin- Memorial Information

WhiteDove

For those of you who knew him,Mark Gluckin fell asleep this afternoon in Greensboro, NC, after heart bypass surgery this week. There will be a memorial service 2 pm Saturday in Greensboro. I was sorry to hear this news. Mark was a good man, please keep Barbara and family in your prayers.

Edited by Whitedove

About 10-15 years ago, Mark Gluckin ran a sort of mail bookstore for music (teachings, too perhaps) of former Wayfers. He had a mailing list and would send out flyers for tapes and CD's to everyone on his mailing list without asking for compensation. He sold several copies of a tape that I produced in the mid-90's.

He was a very gracious, loving person. Even though I never met him in person, I am forever thankful for his generous and giving spirit. He will be greatly missed.

Mark will be sorely missed.

He was a Groovy Rye Christian when I met him in 1971 and had the opportunity to work with him at times in setting up Pressed Down concerts. He was a strict taskmaster and a perfectionist, just like VPW, so I learned much from him. He told me recently that he copied Dr's life as best he could. He loved Dr and was a total servant for him and us. He taught me much by his example and heart. I also had the opportunity to work with him at HQ doing audio, and with Barbara in the Boookstore. They were a perfect couple in the way they balanced their personalities. We've kept in touch over the years and missing him greatly I do look forward to seeing him again soon.

MARK ALAN GLUCKIN

11-30-2004

SUMMERFIELD— The Rev. Mark Alan Gluckin, 54, of Strawberry Road, died Sunday, Nov. 28, 2004, at Moses Cone Hospital.

A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Forbis & Dick North Elm Street Chapel with the Rev. Walter Manthey and the Rev. Gary King officiating

For those wishing to send cards or letters to Barbara and family here is a email I received from Wally

On behalf of Barbara Gluckin and family, we have been asked to relay to you that our precious brother, Mark Gluckin, fell asleep November 28th, 2004, and is awaiting the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark was a faithful husband and father, and a dearly beloved brother and minister who dedicated his heart and life to the furtherance of the gospel of God.

A Memorial Service will be held this Saturday, December 4th, at 2 p.m., in the chapel at Forbis & Dick Funeral Home in Greensboro, North Carolina.

In lieu of floral arrangements, memorial gifts in Mark's honor can be sent to The Teachings, P.O. Box 906, Summerfield, NC 27358.

For your convenience, directions to the location of the service are below, along with contact information to a few nearby hotels. If there is a need for additional information, please feel free to call either of us.

In Christ,

Gary King

Wally Manthey