GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW and Rhoda

Sudo

I hate to admit where I got this little ditty but gawd if it isn't interesting! I ripped the part from the beginning concerning Rhoda and VPW, I've posted and converted it for your listening pleasure. If anyone's really interested, I can post Rhoda singing. Man.. they used a Hammond organ. Sounds like a TV soap opera from the time period.

Anyone remember when Rhoda married Harry?? Then you might know the answer to the question... What year was this thing made??

Click HERE!

sudo

P.S. I know what year this was made and will award prizes to the winner but does anyone know who the announcer was??

Now wasn't that fun?? Hee-hee!

OK, my mistake. Rhoda married Reuben not Harry. And naw.. I don't know who the announcer was but Radar has always been pretty reliable. Dick Kunkle?? Sounds good to me. Whatever happened to the guy anyways?

Dmiller was the first with the correct answer.. 1963. So.. good to my word.. Here's your blue ribbon, Dmiller!!

blue_ribbon.gif

Pirate,

Re:"You should post a warning with something like that, Sudo. I hadn't heard that voice in over 27 years....Gives me cold chills."

Yes but some folks still love that voice. Where do you think I got the thing?? Some folks are still passing around his tapes as if they were truth as it has not been known since the 1st century. And think about it.. even TWI doesn't do that anymore.

sudo

Sudo -- I'd have not gotten it, were it not for Wafer Not's post, and then listening to the "spiel", that you provided..

The Blue Ribbon goes to Wafer Not, not me. icon_smile.gif:)--> I just put two and two together, but didn't have the original "two" to work from! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thank you Wayfer!!! icon_cool.gif