GreaseSpot Cafe

Unusual Nativity Scene

Pirate1974

Madame Tussaud's wax museum in London is displaying what has to be one of the most unique nativity scenes of all time.

For starters, Joseph and Mary are portrayed by British soccer star David Beckham and his wife Victoria, formerly known as Posh Spice.

r4099416431.jpg

The shepherds are actors Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Grant and Comedy Central's Graham Norton.

Australian disco hottie Kylie Minogue is the angel.

r1246580880.jpg

British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Prince Philip and President George W. Bush are the three Wise Men. (Insert your own joke here.)

r3718552421.jpg

Apparently, the Vatican and the Anglican Church are not amused, especially with a Spice Girl as the Virgin Mary.

r3417047527.jpg

You gotta admit, its one of a kind.

I don't know much about art, except that it immitates life.

It's true I never would have known about it except for you guys/ But now that I see it, I'm impressed in a very positive way.

I think the idea of Jesus coming for "all" is what is intended, and the faces applied to the various wardrobes morely represent the various types of humanity and their cultures.

But maybe not - - maybe it's just designed to be funny. Well - there is humor in there if you can disengage yourself enough to see it.

My personal opinion, which doesn't count for much, is that it is a wonderful piece of art and those who are pointing fingers may be too sensitive.

Edited by krysilis

quote:
British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Prince Philip and President George W. Bush are the three Wise Men. (Insert your own joke here.)

It certainly reminds me of the old joke...

Q) Why couldn't Jesus be born in xxxx.

A) They couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin.