Merry Farking Christmas

George Aar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satori,

Aren't you being a little hard on jen-o? She was coming to this forum for help and all you did was make it worse. I don't normally get down on my knees to pray but when I read your last post to jen-o I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed that you would never again write a negative post.

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

Me?

I got a couple of books and a desk calendar.

Not bad, but then I make sure everyone knows, I don't want anything. I've got plenty already. If I need anything, I buy it. So come years end, there's nothing I want. Really...

Books are a kewl gift. Our son usually gets us books and DVD's for the holiday. This year his dad received Dune "The Machine Crusade" which he was thrilled about. It's amazing how Frank Herbert is still alive in his son and Anderson's writing. I received Last Letters Home "Voices of Americans From The Battlefields Of Iraq" which my heart has had mixed reviews of. With my two nephews back (one leaves in hours) over in Iraq for a second year and this time with one having written my Mom about his thankfulness for being a Mom to him when his (my sibling) died too young. So this book is too close to home and genders much unsettling in me. I'm sure my son had no idea the reaction, nor have I told him so, even if I left the room to cry. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Gosh Geo, I'm sorry for turning this post into me. Geez! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

We buy as we need it during the year as well. Our son loves Asian art, as well as there was a glass maker that had a display at our museum last year this time which I took our son to view. This guy of whom the name escapes me is incredible, his work nearly beyond compare. Well I happened upon a piece in a most unlikely place for nearly no monies that looked just like his art. The colors swirled and the style of the glass has an Asian look, which is perfect for a CA studio already adorning Asian style. When he opened the gift he had a mixed expression on his face, with the first words being "Mom, omg did you steal this from the museum?" Um, well son I have no experience in such things and I love you but I'm not going to jail for a hunk of glass, no matter how kewl it is. icon_wink.gif;)-->

I did go on didn't I....

Christmas cheer found me in spite of myself this year. I didn't expect any, but got it anyway...lol...hate it when that happens.

Feature if you will...having to work every nite including Christmas Eve and Christmas tending to "the merry throng." My mother-in-law was with us...uh-oh...and thank goodness. She doted on the kids, drove my husband nutz and...well, I had to work! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Geo...mine husbondo and I exchange hardy hand shakes and a good-will nod of approval...whatever else we want or need, parallel or not, will turn up on a need basis whenever during the rest of the year. However, my creep mate did skunk me this year by gifting me with something I really like and didn't expect...crap...now I'll have to sign on for another year. Sheesh. Bah frickin humbug, man.

So, does your desk calendar sing or have nakee ladies on it? If not...call me. lol.

Well, I packed up all the boy's gifts, found the coresponding receipts, and I'm off to return everything (it was all still sitting in the exact same place on the living room floor as Christmas morning, just sans the gift wrap). He obviously couldn't give a $hit about any of it, so I'm gonna get the dough back.

I think I'll split it with him, maybe not. He'll have to at least ask where everything went. If he doesn't notice it's even gone, too bad, so sad...

("Meet the Fokkers"?, I don't think so. It doesn't look like my kinda show at all, maybe "The Aviator". Ah, who am I kidding? I'll wait for it to come out on PPV...)

sudo icon_smile.gif:)-->.. thank you for your kind words... i appreciate the support.. believe me, satori doesn't bother me one bit.... he doesn't have the power to do it... heehee

and satori, the only thing i need i already have! and anything i want.. i eventually get.

so if they are parallel, perpendicular, or oblique, what difference does that make to you?

I'm sorry, Geo! I have to say I"m in Sudo's camp with the great Christmas and super family. This year was the series of "unfortunate events", but everyone handled everything with good humor and it just adds to the memories we will have to talk about when we reminisce of Christmas Pasts.

- Late flights

- missing batteries

- Lost luggage

- the line at the movie theater

- The restaurant confusion and having to eat at the local Chinese Buffet for Christmas Dinner

My family told me frequently how good it was to have me back - and to REALLY have me back 100%. They said that when I was married to my "still in" spouse that I wasn't "really" there even when we were there.

It was awesome to enjoy myself and not be on guard constantly worried that I or one of my family members was going to pi$$ him off. I really have the greatest patient loving family a gal could ever wish for.

That and I got a cherished piece of jewelry from my grandmother. I will inherit all her jewelry eventually, but she has decided to start giving it to me now. It's terribly bittersweet, but I love hearing the stories behind each one of her pieces and plan to document them for when I pass them down to someone (hopefully I'll have a daughter someday to give them to).