GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you a Genius?

Cowgirl

Find the Man's head within 3 seconds and you're a genius.

READ THIS FIRST !

According to medical experiments:

If you can find the man's head within 3 seconds, your right brain is more developed than normal people.

If you can find the Man's head within 1 minute your right brain is developed normally.

If you can find the Man's head within 1-3 minutes, your right brain is slow in reacting, you should eat more meat protein.

If you can find the Man's head in 3 minutes or more, your right brain is a disaster...extremely slow in reacting, the only suggestion is please watch more cartoons to help normally develop your right brain.

You'll find the picture below:

Edited by Cowgirl

The Left Side

When a person devolpes a dominance toward one side of their brain, they tend to have certain characteristics and areas of intest in common. The left side of the brain is often thought of as the logical, thinking side. Also, people of left brain dominance tend to choose similar occupations.

Above are just some things associated with the left cerebal hemisphere of the brain. People who are left brain dominant are usually good with these things. Below is a list of things that left brained people are good at or they like and things that are done in the left brain.

Prefer Classical Music

Your Left-Brain controls the right side of your body

Prefer things like instructions to be done verbally

Good at math

Like to read

Follow Western Thought*

Very Logical

Dog lovers

Don't enjoy clowning around

Can't be hypnotized

Usually remember things only specifically studied

Need total quiet to read or study

Like to read realistic stories

Like to write non-fiction

Prefer individual counseling

Enjoy copying or tracing pictures and filling in details

Also like to read action stories

Usually rational

Usually do things in a planned orderly way

If you have to answer someone's question, you won't let your peronal feelings get in the way

Good at algebra

Can remember verbal material

Almost never absent minded

Like to tell stories but not act them out

Can think better sitting down

Like to be a music critic

Attentive during long verbal explanations

Prefer well structured assignments over open ended ones

Read for specific details and facts

Skilled at sequencing ideas

Likes to be Organized

*Eastern and Western thought: A doctor in an a country like China would first ask a person how they are doing and what else is going on in their life before they give them medicine. A doctor in North America would just ask them what their symptons were and then give them medicine.

Here are some occupations that are USUALLY fufilled by a left-brained person. (There are always exceptions)

Lab scientist

Banker

Judge

Lawyer

Mathematician

Bacteriologist

Librarian

Skating judge, skiing judge, etc.,

The Right Side

When a person is Right Brain Dominant, they are thought of as the dreamers, the artists, and teh musicians of the world. Just because they are not as good with numbers and remembering facts does not mean that they are "dumber" than a left brain person. They just have their strength in different areas. They do have similar characteristics and they tend to hold similar occupations.

Above are just a few things associated with the right cerebral hemisphere of the brain. People who are right brain dominant are usually good with these things. Here is some more characteristics of a right-brained person.

Prefer rock music

Right brain controls left side of body

Prefer visual instructions with examples

Good at sports

Good at art

Follow Eastern thought*

Cat lovers

Enjoy clowning around

Can be hypnotized

Like to read fantasy and mystery stories

Can listen to music or TV while studying

Like to write fiction

Prefer group

Fun to dream about things that will probably never happen

Enjoy making up own drawings and images

Good at geometry

Like organizing things to show relation

Can memorize music

Occasionally absentminded

Like to act out stories

Enjoy interacting affectively with others

Think better when lying down

Become restless during long verbal explanations

Enjoy creative storytelling

Prefer to learn through free exploration

Good at recalling spatial imagery

Read for main details

Skilled in showing relationships between ideas

Preference for summarizing over outlining

Solve problems intuitively

Very Spontaneous and unpredictable

Dreamer

Philisphical

*Eastern and Western thought: A doctor in an a country like China would first ask a person how they are doing and what else is going on in their life before they give them medicine. A doctor in North America would just ask them what their symptons were and then give them medicine.

Below is a list of occupations held by USUALLY held by a right-brained person. (There are always exceptions.)

Forest ranger

Wildlife manager

Beautician

Politician

Athlete

Artist

Craftsman

Actor/Actress

Well, I found the guys head in the coffee beans in about twenty seconds.

I definitely do not tend toward left brainism. Am surely more right brained. I play music and love to write fiction, and, I don't like reading instruction manuals! I had to laugh when I read the tendency to: "Prefer visual instructions with examples". Man, that's me all over.

As a marine engineer aboard ship, I have had fellow engineers who can listen to the Chief as he explains a piping system for instance, and my fellow engineers (some anyway) can listen and just follow along. But with me, I have to have the Chief draw it out, or even better, have him or her take me down and we'd trace out the system together.

Looking at wiring diagrams and schematic drawings drives me nuts also because it seems so "busy" to look at. And when I do try and figure it out, I just kind of fog out. But, if I look at the actual system of pipes or wires, and trace it out with my flashlight or my finger or what ever, I can get it, and have it memorized enough to know what to do in time of need.

One friend of mine is SO left brained that he passed the electrical section of the Marine Engineers exam with a nearly unheard of 97%! While I scraped through with a miserable 72% which is only 2% above passing grade.

And yet, that same guy is just a damned "dud" when it comes to hands on mechanic-ing and fixing broken mechanical problems in emergency situations.

It's really funny how it works. It would be nice to "help out" my left side if I could. Are their left brain exercizes?

I saw the face almost immediately. (what a GLARING inconsistency, amongst all those good looking coffee beans). icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Prefer rock music --- No way!!! Bluegrass is the Vital Force of Life.

Prefer visual instructions with examples --- Yes.

Good at sports --- No.

Good at art --- No.

Follow Eastern thought* -- Have succumbed (entirely) to Southern thought.

Cat lovers --- I flatten cats. icon_cool.gif

Enjoy clowning around ---Yes.

Can be hypnotized -- try it, and I'll *clock* you. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Like to read fantasy and mystery stories ---yes and no.

Can listen to music or TV while studying --- No way.

Like to write fiction --- Nope.

Prefer group -- "hey baby -- three's a crowd". Mick Jagger

Fun to dream about things that will probably never happen -- Always.

Good at geometry -- Failed it in high school. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Like organizing things to show relation -- Yes.

Can memorize music -- Yes -- usually even before it is written down! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Occasionally absentminded -- what do ya mean *occasionally* icon_eek.gif

Think better when lying down --- won't go there. icon_razz.gif:P-->

Become restless during long verbal explanations --- absolutely.

Preference for summarizing over outlining -- Yes.

Very Spontaneous and unpredictable --- icon_cool.gif

Dreamer --- should be evident by now. ;

Philisphical --- is this someone who watches Dr. Phil?? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Cowgirl:

"Find the Man's head within 3 seconds and you're a genius ... within 3 seconds, your right brain is more developed than normal people."

You are associating 'genius' with right-brain function.

I wish to point out that 'genius' can happen among either right-brain people, left-brain people, or the third option Right-and-left brain people [like Albert Einstien]

There exist many many methods of guaging intelligence, aptitude and mental ability. Just about every method will guage these things in different terms, which are then non-compatible.

The idea of the military using a 'battery' of exams to measure intelligence is that; some are smart in one-way, while others are really smart in another way. So each different area needs to be measured seperately. The combined score from 6 different areas of testing then forms a number that has value.

I once worked with a man who knew every crewman's license-plate numbers for every vehicle they drove, he knew everyone's birthdates and he had memorized every characterizing number for every atomic element [melting-point, freezing-point, valance electrons, number of protons, etc]. He stepped off the sidewalk and in front of traffic twice while I knew him, hospitalized both times. Yet he was great operating a nuclear-reactor. In some ways he is a genius, in other ways he is dumber than a brick.

:-)

quote:
There exist many many methods of gauging intelligence, aptitude and mental ability. Just about every method will gauge these things in different terms, which are then non-compatible.

Galen --- very true. One of the residents at the group home I work at, is quite *adept* at putting together jig-saw puzzles. He is 37 years of age, yet has the *mentality* of a 12 year old. He received a gift at Christmas, of 10 puzzles all in one box -- each in their own plastic bag.

He systematically opened each and every plastic bag, and poured all the contents together. icon_eek.gif The totality of pieces involved was around 6,500 in all, and they were all mixed together, in one huge pile.

He found 500 pieces to put the first puzzle together in 4 hours. He found the next 500 pieces, to complete the 2nd puzzle, in even less time. He had all those puzzles put together, in less than a week -- and then started complaining that he needed plastic zip-lock bags, to keep the separate puzzles in! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I don't know that there is a *test* to evaluate intelligence like this.

According to the Intro to Psych class I took 20 yrs ago, most people are left brain dominant (right handed). There's got to be lots of variation in this though. I read where Paul McCartney was so right brain dominant that it took him extra time to learn to ride a bike; it felt natural to him to pedal backwards, so he required much repitition to not fall off the bike.

I write, throw, bowl, bat, and hold the squeegee (cleaning windows) left handed, but I golf, play guitar, hold both tennis raquet and ping pong paddle, and throw a frisbee right handed. That psych teacher said she thought people who write left handed with their hand in a hook shape, which I do, are usually left brain dominant. I just do what feels comfortable. Several things on both lists above apply to me.

Prefer Classical Music - By classical you mean, clasic rock?

Your Left-Brain controls the right side of your body - ok

Prefer things like instructions to be done verbally - yes

Good at math - yes

Like to read - sometimes

Follow Western Thought* - ok

Very Logical - somewhat would be a better term

Dog lovers - Cat lover here

Don't enjoy clowning around - your kidding right anim-smile.gificon_razz.gif:P-->

Can't be hypnotized - ok

Usually remember things only specifically studied - ok, and other things as well

Need total quiet to read or study - true

Like to read realistic stories - not usually

Like to write non-fiction - the main thing I write is work related, so that is non-fiction icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Prefer individual counseling -true

Enjoy copying or tracing pictures and filling in details - ok

Also like to read action stories - I would rather watch an action movie

Usually rational - yes

Usually do things in a planned orderly way - I have my own plan and order...

If you have to answer someone's question, you won't let your peronal feelings get in the way - true

Good at algebra - I haven't used algebra in many years...

Can remember verbal material - yes

Almost never absent minded - ummmm icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Like to tell stories but not act them out - true

Can think better sitting down - ok

Like to be a music critic - I know what I like

Attentive during long verbal explanations - just get to the point...

Prefer well structured assignments over open ended ones - true

Read for specific details and facts - true

Skilled at sequencing ideas - I am pretty good

Likes to be Organized - you have never seen my desk have you icon_eek.gif

And, I am a budget analyst for the Army.

I also play competitive racquetball.