"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

[This message was edited by Groucho on March 05, 2004 at 17:19.]

[This message was edited by Groucho on March 05, 2004 at 17:24.]

Edited by Guest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emogene tried to screw me out of some vacation time once. I requested some time off (during a pretty busy period mind you) and she said I didn't have any left. Fortunately for me, I was such a good little bookstore worker-bee (gag) who worshipped her so much (barf) that I was saving every little note and memo she ever sent to me (hurl, hurl, consummate hurl!). And whaddya know, I just happened to have one from her, from a couple months back, that indicated that I DID have time coming to me still.

Yes boy, that ol' attention to detail actually worked in my favor now and then. Scammed the scammer so to speak.

Pam's (see how fast your reflexes are if you dare) Link-of-the-Week

Edited by Guest

I was just thinking of how and why I began to wonder about the organization but when I read this I remembered something.

I'll relate it as briefly as possible here, but please remember that we were given partial instructions over the course of several weeks.

Our twig was going to host a wine and cheese party. Keep in mind that I knew that alcohol was never served at twi functions that were open to the public...and rarely at our own functions. We were just having a party....no witnessing involved...just a party.

I overheard a couple of big time "class closers"

talking about circulating at our function to get a certain number signed up for the new lcm class.

We had been told to bring a certain # of names of friends and coworkers with their addys and phone nos....and given invitations to fill out and mail....we were luring them to a place where a few glasses of wine might (or maybe not...depends on the person) let down their guard....and whammo...somebody got "signed". Once "signed" you almost never got away....and we had no idea.

I never said thing about what I suspected after I heard what I overheard because I was a coward. But it started the ball rolling in my thinking of what I was really doing with my life.

Edited by Guest

My ex-wife went WOW in 1975-76 because she heard Wierwille say that it would be the last year of the WOW program. Wonder how many fell for that one?

It doesn't matter if we turn to dust...guess I'll see you dancin' in the ruins tonight

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

What about the "Prevailing Word Editions" of the collaterals? Change in type and a few things cleaned up, but basically the same books. How many folks bought the new editions I wonder?

What about all the interlinears sold to grads who couldn't distinguish an alpha from an omicron?

It doesn't matter if we turn to dust...guess I'll see you dancin' in the ruins tonight

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

THe great window washing --start your own business scam

DOn't know where else it was --but the big thing here in Alaska was you didn't want to work for unbelievers so you were to start your own business washing outside windows or housepainting.

HAd three or four guys quit their jobs--move to the Kenai and Start a windoww ashing business--

Remember they would go on and on about how they now had time to "move the Word"--

Then a year down the road hardly anyone acknowledged the great window washing company. By then I was in problem of my own.

But I can assure you that you can't live in Alaska by just washing outside windows--7 months of the year there just isn't any work

MO

(who Used to be Maure)

TL,

Oh, I remember those. Ugh. I also remember asking what they were doing for retirement and getting a blank stare. Just a wayfer smile with a wayfer glaze over their eyes. Sad, truly sad.

Ok, here are a few of my favorites:

1. Being expected to pay more for things at a twig yard sale than "unbelievers" because "we don't want to take advantage of the household." (I passed on the item)

2. Endless fake events that were really just sign 'em up for the class functions. Maybe that's why they "have no friends when it comes to the Word." When you use people, they tend to not like you.

3. Telling me I could take a class for free any time after the first one. Unless of course you change it then, well, it's a new class isn't it? Had to pay for LCM's rehash of PFAL all over again.

4. "You're not an advanced class grad anymore if you haven't had the new one."

5. This goes with #4: "You have to have the new class to stay up with the present truth." Hate that phrase now.

6. The worst though is the most sad. Corps people working 40 hours per week for TWI and having to also hold down a real job to support their family. It must be horrible when those children find out their is no money for college and their parents are nearing retirement and have saved NOTHING. Although I think that's when TWI finds a reason to M&A them to avoid any dead wood. (Their term, not mine)

Edited by Guest

"Want to bless me?"

That was the biggest scam question ever, imo.

Grad: Want to bless me?

Babe: Sure!

Grad: Be the 7th person to sign up for the class so that our twig can run one before ROA.

Twig Leader: Want to bless me?

Lowly Twigite: Sure!

Twig Leader: Sign up for the Intermediate class so that I can run one before the limb meeting.

Way Home Coordinator: Want to bless me?

Way home coordinator: I don't have time for my chores, would you bless my life and do them for me?

Corps hopeful: Want to bless me?

Lowly twigit: Sure!

Corps hopeful: Commit to sponsor me for a year.

Corps Grad: Want to bless me?

Lowly twigite: Sure!

Corps Grad: Let me live with you rent free, mooch your food and smokes and trash your place. Then clean up after me, have enough food on stock to bless my friends and my twig, open your home to my twig for fellowships, and don't complain when we keep you up most of the night disputing the word.

Branch Leader and Twig Leader: Want to bless me?

Branch Leader and Twig Leader: Make sure your children show up to every Children's Fellowship...and don't tell when you find out it's a pedophile ring.

puke.gif

cwgreengold.jpg

damn (((cw)))

That corpes sponsorship...yeah you were their *special* friend...oh so spiritual for helping to make a leader for the movement of God`s word......as long as you were sending them money...but when they graduated...you weren`t worthey to wipe their feet on...

I remember feeling pretty bad when I started going to the much vaunted limb *leadership meeting for the first time...and just being divided up into pairs and dropped off all over town for *witnessing*...I saw clearly for the first time that the rest of my life I was going to have to hawk pfal in order to maintain my spirituality...it was so depressing

You were also extra spiritual if you were working all your spare weekends cleaning up either the limb home or root location....

Everything distastefull you were asked to do...was so that you could grow spiritualy

One big scam in my mind are the poor Way Corps folks who went thru the program, earned their diploma, then later got hassled by Craig, Donna, Rosalie & Co. for not walking by their rules. Heck, you earned that distinction even if you want to go your own separate way.

Another scam: why is Donna Martindale still at headquarters? All the Way Corp spouses who were asked to leave the Corps, or headquarters, because their spouse may have blown it, and she gets a free pass?

Edited by Guest

quote:
All the Way Corp spouses who were asked to leave the Corps, or headquarters, because their spouse may have blown it, and she gets a free pass?

Donna's new spouse lives at hq, so she gets to stay......

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Edited by Guest

I can't think of a more one-way deal than running a TWI home group. You incur ALL of the expense and do ALL of the work and they collect all of the money. When I asked why I had to buy coffee the answer was "it's part of your abundant sharing." I should have suggested that they pay for limb functions out of their pocket and consider it part of their "abundant sharing."

I remember witnessing with the WC guy in this area. I had 2 miscarraiges but finally got pregnant & had a baby. He used to tell people that I was told I couldn't have children but God healed me. My doctor never said any such thing. In fact he said it happens that way all the time.

I always felt uncomfortable but never spoke out.

GS (Great Scam) #256498734....

Passing off tapes of old saint Vic as real radio broadcasts. (Real Story: They were "available for broadcast) High Country Caravan, same thing. I saw them described as television segments when they were just "available for use on tv."

Did anyone ever get them on the air?

CoolWaters, and Just Thinking -- and another scam was "sponsoring corp IS NOT THE SAME as abs". If I gave to an individual for sponsorship (and I did a lot), I couldn't count that as abs, cause I wasn't giving to the "ministry"! icon_eek.gif

What a crock! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Never figured that one out, till I got out. By then it was too late to say anything. icon_frown.gif:(-->

But who would have listened? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Edited by Guest

JT:

From 1991 - 1993 we had HCC on our local public access cable station. I doubt if it ever made it to "real" t.v. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Edited by Guest