GreaseSpot Cafe

Blue Form Dollars

oldiesman

This topic has been addressed before but I thought I'd bring it up again. I've been going thru some old TWI letters and papers, and guess what I found? Completed Blue Forms. Specifically, from the time I was a twig coordinator from 9-89 thru 9-90.

Guess how much I myself contributed to hq during that stint? $4,857.43. Holy smokes. WOW! I didn't realize I was so generous!

I figure over the years, I must have contributed to TWI-1 at least $20,000.00 or so. And that's not even accounting for my Way Corps sponsorship contributions!

How about you?

P.S. I realize now how much money they're losing by dissing all the old time Way believers!

If I actually figured it out, I would get depressed...

On "top" of the ABS there were:

refreshment costs

paper product's cost

free labour

"mailing" costs (stamps and envelops)

money order costs

telephone expenses

extra cleaning supplies and equipment

bod/bot pics...

"jewlery" pins, necklaces, rings etc.

wear and tear on vehicles

corps sponsorship

etc...

I figure under $5,000.00 but that's only because you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip--

THere was nothing to spare after my ex got done raiding the accounts. I was the soul breadwinner for 99% of our relationship I once had checks bouncing all over town when he pulled $400.00 without asking. Another time I was left with $11.00 to feed a family of 5 on for 2 weeks. I still don't know how I pulled it off.

He of course just went over to the TC's or Limb or someone else's house and got all the food he wanted icon_frown.gif:(-->

HOw much of the funds he appropriated actually ended up at HQ I don't know but I do know he and his fellow "belivers" never lacked for anything --Too bad the same couldn't be said for his wife and children

I gave 24-7(x)11yrs... all my talant, ability and energy not to mention took crappie jobs to apease whoever was in charged to accomadate moving PFAL. Paid TWI money to be abused in the WC and had wonderful friends of mine fiancially sponcer the abuse.

Some states reimburse wrongly convicted individuals $10,000-20,000.00 per year for there time of incarceration.

VPW had a good racket going. He figured if he had your life he had everything that was productive in it.

So if I was to put into dollar and cents what was given to TWI... " a price far above rubies".

When I considered not only my ABS cost which was anywhere from 15% to 25% depending on the year, but the costs of:

* Required classes and events for every believer

* Required classes and events for every Corps

person

* Way Corps sponsorship for ourselves and those we sponsored

* Required leaders meetings: region, state, and local

* Telephone expenses, especially for Corps Nights

* Hotel and event costs

* Refreshments bought for said meetings and classes

* Required (yes) gifts for leadership

* Stamps, envelopes, and expected cards

* Gasoline costs

* Auto repair expense for majority mileage spent on ministry events

* Required Sunday night teaching tapes

* Required Way Magazine subscription

* Expected bookstore purchases of new materials

* Miscellaneous expenses incurred shuttling people around and visiting people

I figure I lived on about 10-15% of my actual income, and the rest went to TWI and related expenses doing work expected of me as Way Corps. For me that ends up to be hundreds of thousands lost over nearly 25 years.

Catcup,

Amazing. Simply amazing. And even if we "Joe Believers" didn't spend quite that much money on TWI, we still made a lot of personal and financial decisions based on the "needs" of that little farm in Ohio.

Such a graphic example of TWI killing the cash cow because they had a taste for prime rib. Now they're hard-pressed for hamburger (and not even getting a "WOWburger" out of the deal).

Also, Catcup there is:

* wear and tear on our furniture, carpet, house

* toilet paper, power bills, phone bills

* lost time from work

* notebooks, pens, paper

* babysitter and pet sitting fees

I have given way too much money. I would get depressed if I really spent any time thinking about it.

Catcup,

I was like you...I figured I gave TWI over $200,000 in 22 years! I included gifts to the Limbs, for example: a color television (to show twi videos) and a color printer for The Grapevine news letter.

The Limb gave me the boot...because I refused to lick their boots out of fear.

My family and I are much better off now... wiser, more prosperous, more loving, more humble, more Christ-like...HAVING FOUND A VERY LOVING REAL CHURCH CONGREGATION THAT HAS A REAL PASTOR, WHO HAS A REAL DOCTORATE DEGREE.

The LORD has restored what the locusts have devoured.

I have compassion for those families and individuals who twi ruined financially, spiritually and other ways. Peace. God bless you all.

Hey Oldies,

TWI told us twig leaders to destroy our blue forms...because the Illuminati could get them and find twi pee-pull and persecute them or worse!

You should destroy all your blue forms immediately.

Do you still have any old blue "Sin Along The Way" songbooks that should have been destroyed, also?

I still have a few of those old blue Sing Along The Way song books that I purchased from the Way bookstore. I remember when the "request" came down to destroy these blue song books when they published the brown book.

Many of the favorite songs were not in the brown song book because TWI did not want to pay the fee for them to be in the new book.

There wasn't any way I was going to get rid of the blue song book.........many great songs were in it that were not included in the brown book.

Catcup is right on the money (pun intended) with what she has said. I gave those lowlifes more money that I care to think about. The fools ARE the ones who keep feeding this unholy beast with their hard earned money.

I had to find out the truth the hard way. There was no web site like this calling bull.... on these disgusting predators. So for those of you still in, what's your problem? It's not like that bulldyke in newknocksville is holding you spellbound with her ever so charismatic personality and teaching style. C'mon, wake up and take a good whiff. That stench you smell is not the slaughterhouse in Emporia.

I never added it and it would be too depressing to try to add it up now. Suffice to say, it was serious money. Somewhere in the middle of the ranges listed for me, but that would include WC sponsorships. It was 20-30 years ago so ,compounded at 8 or 10%, it would be over $50K.

Somehow, it still think I was blessed in doing this; it's just that the money did not go to it's highest and best use!

Paradise,

I agree. The original blue song book had great songs about "Jesus" in it. The brown song book removed a lot of "Jesus" songs, intentionallly or because twi could not get permission. The brown book had a lot of Way Prod authored songs...after most of Way Prod left twi, another thinner blue song book was made.

Hairy,

Uncle Harry said, "I would rather be the one being taken advantage of, than the one taking advantage of others."

We could have deducted (federal income tax)the mileage we drove to serve a non-prophet organization ;-)

Hairy,

Vic's brother, Harry, said it in a meeting I was in with WOWs (i think).

I must say, Uncle Harry and Naomi ministered physical healing to me that was right on in 1976.

At ROA '76, Harry gave his motel keys to married couple from NJ that I talked into coming to ROA...they just showed up on the second evening by suprise...and had no place to stay.

TWI will never be like that again. Those days are long gone :-( Get OUT! Save yourselves from this lousey, crooked generation of twi leaders and koolaide drinkers.

Paridiseden,

I remember when the "new" blue song books came out. Apparently, I really p***ed of my LC when I asked why the price went up but there less songs. Should have seen his face. He actually turned red with anger! While stifling his seeming desire to strangle me, he told me some story about the old one having copyrighted songs they no had permission to use. Not sure if it was true or not.

Like many others, the amount of my giving is huge. Way over 10 years in adds up. Once, I sold my house and got a big check after setllement. (Getting out of debt, of course) Biggest ABS check I ever wrote. It was the only time I ever got a letter from HQ addressed to me personally. Never got one for running a class, healing someone (from cancer), teaching a large group (when non-corps could still do that) or anything else. Big check? You get a personal letter from one of the BOT for that.

Not saying that shows anything but...

quote:
Hey Oldies,

TWI told us twig leaders to destroy our blue forms...because the Illuminati could get them and find twi pee-pull and persecute them or worse!

You should destroy all your blue forms immediately.

Do you still have any old blue "Sin Along The Way" songbooks that should have been destroyed, also?

Golfie,

As soon as I added my ABS from the forms, I threw them in the trash. They're destroyed. I still have a couple of light brown songbooks but can't find any more blue ones. Guess I must have destroyed them, too.