GreaseSpot Cafe

What's New at theway.com

Pirate1974

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I just had to look at it because I was so curious...how awful...who is the dufus showing off his butte? He looks like someone possessed...he has more movement in him than anyone else on stage....he looks like someone off the streets that is homeless pretending to be a conductor.....don't they know how stupid it is to have someone up there leading? Talk about control!!!!

And you all are right!!!! Those dresses are horrid...ok I'm big so don't get me wrong about this but I thought they weren't letting fat people in anymore?

I'm sure I recognized a few people in there but its been such a long time but they looked familiar...where are the young people?

Okay, a shallow moment--

One of my kids was in a music thing at the Episcopal church. Their choir sang, mostly middle aged and elderly folk.

They wore lovely mauve(matched the pew pillows) choir robes with those pointy stoles, with gold embroidery, very flattering. No chubby ladies stood out like they were wearing a shiny tent.In fact, I don't recall much about the ladie's(or men's) weight issues.

They should spend some ABS and get some flattering choir robes--far less distracting(and embarassing.) They could embroider a way logo on them.

It appears as though the twi(t) females at hq are becoming amorphous. No long hair, nothing that shows the feminine figure, nothing that would be flattering allowed. Or, is it that they are covering their bodies in an attempt to protect themselves from being molested and lusted after?

It's been a while since I've seen any videos (I try to skip those meetings), so it came as a shock to see some of those women. They were not all that size when I couldn't get out of the last video meeting we had.

I'm sort of confused about the number of singing ladies...there were 6 on that clip...isn't 6 the earthly number? Isn't it one of the numbers associated with the devil? Maybe the obsession with numbers is one they have dropped at hq.

I think the webmaster at twi is someone who lurks at gspot and is trying to help us out by making sure people who check out twi at their own website see first-hand how ridiculous and fake and musty the group is. In fact, it could be someone who posts here.....

Oh, I know what it is....the fox's girlfriend reads everything that's posted here and she wants to know how to improve the music program so her daughter won't run off and join a church. She knows that by posting the clips she will get a big response from people whom she respects here at gspot. She will take the suggestions she reads here and convince her girlfriend and boss to authorize the changes. (imo)

They have information on how to order the tapes and they don't specify that you have to be a class grad, out of debt, sold out to the wogfart or sign that you will loyally drink the kool-aid to get them. wonder if they just added that to the terms and conditions page?

outandabout said:

The smiles on the chorus looked plastered on. I'll bet they were often exhorted to "smile" during rehersals.

>>

yes well this was standard advice for any

performer in TWI. Anything but a big smile

was seen as evidence of a problem. Hell the

teachers and leaders didn't even smile all

the time but god forbid if the singer/musicians smile didn't reveal your teeth.

I couldn't take much of the advice

seriously as many of the people giving

it had zero experience playing before crowds

but it made them feel better to boss around

the band. I pointed out that perfomers need

to be able to express their personality and

while I don't think lighting your guitar on

fire is probably a good thing to do in a church

service its okay to be "into the music"

without looking stupid and fake.

I've even been told that my hair wasn't

combed right and they wanted to get some gel

to tame the stray hair and I couldn't even see

what they were talking about. Some lady was

huge into the "Attention to detail" and it

was bugging her so she insisted on holding

things up till they could fix this "major problem".

Well, diazbro, those hair licks become less and less of a problem as the years go by. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I've never posted this before, but one of the worst people with all of this was Don W, all the more because he was a trustee for years. I hope he's resting comfortably now, but good Lord he got in to Way Prod's hair at times with the most rediculous comments...he had no understanding of anything musical really or "spiritually" for that matter, just mostly pandered to "Dad" and what he himself liked.

Classic Don quote was one year when they were changing out a bunch of Way Prod musicians and he said at corps week "we're going to get some people who need a little less makeup". Don was a nice guy in many ways but he had the perception of a toad and the ears of a flashlight. It was always amazing how some people felt it their responsibility to mess with Way Prod, ala "Dr". Guess it made them feel like they were really doin' "it", whatever that was.

hmmmm - you got me thinking...

Maybe those green things really are robes and we just didn't realize it. Green is TWI's official color - maybe those are just their regular uniforms.

Socks - Don said that???? Amazing - like he looked so good!

socks said:

Well, diazbro, those hair licks become less and less of a problem as the years go by.

>>

Funny and true!

This This makes me wonder what Way leaders do now that shaved heads are in fashion ? Would it then be a case of "hey your head is too shiny" or maybe "hey your head isn't shiny enough" !.

Or is the shaved head in TWI verboten ?

Who was the lady who used to post here that

used to be responsible for Craig's hair ? I

forget her name but she had some funny posts

one of which was that she was told "the man of god doesn't need to be self conscious about his appearance (i.e. his receding hairline)" so she

talked with those responsilbe for lighting to plan it such that it would't be obvious that Craig was going bald - but that was wasted energy since we all knew it.

I don't know this for certain but I'm guessing

that people didn't make too many bald jokes around LCM.

Why didnt they play some real songs, like that one song, whats it called, "im gonna wash my feet in the blood of the wicked..." that would be a real good tune to post! very energetic...

there was also that one song about hanging the devil from a tree. lcm sang that one, so i guess thats out...

Why are there no young people anymore??, take a look at the way prod....BORING!!! everyone there looks like they are about to keel over!! way prod used to be awsome, i still think they should bring back that one song, "IM GONNA CARRY MY BIBLE TO SCHOOL I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE THINK IT AINT COOL,, IM GONNA WITNESS TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS, IM GONNA TELL THEM HOW TO GET BORN AGAIN!!" WHOOO HOOOO

i havnt thought about the way in awhile, but it seems so sad that something that had alot of great memories turned into something so shameful....

Diazbro, good question. Shiny scalp, the ultimate teaching faux pas? ("Powder! Powder it NOW!")

New checklist for The Teacher's lectern:

mints - check

water - check

ashtray - check

powder - check

Ron Popeil's "Real Hair" Spray for Men - check

Wasway quote:

"What ever happened to "Sing it" Dave???"

The last I had heard was he was shipped off to be a BC somewhere, didn't make it (at least in there eyes) and was dropped from the wc. I heard they brought him back for a performance of some type. (Not like there was a lot of wayprod talent there to choose from)

This is a couple of years ago though. Sorry I am not more current. Maybe some of the innies know more. Maybe he's back? Oh, wait, if he's not wc, he can't perform, yes? Or did they drop that rule too?