GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Song tapes

meganpenworthy

Hey All,

I sent three tapes of way music that my sister found, back to the way. There were two Singing Ladies of the Way tapes and a Sing IT, Dave tape. I wrote a letter and stated that I did not want them and that I wish I had never heard of them. Maybe a bit rash, but I did not want to look at them anymore.

In my storage unit, I also have all her old Way books that I may auction off on Ebay someday.

What have you done with your old cd's and tapes?

I think we should all send them back to them. the charge to return them is not nearly the amount that we paid for them. It might send a BIG message to them about how many people are not willing to be their drones anymore.

I actually have no out of pocket expenses. I did not pay for the tapes initally and my work paid for the s&h(our ceo is unethical anyway-the mailroom guy doesnt care-he offered).

In my letter I stated I wish I'd never heard of the cult the way international...i know that Cult word will drive them nuts more. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Hey Megan, "Singing Ladies of the Way "? Gee when did they start that group ? I have been away so long !!!!! I just have all the old stuff which some I still do like and especially a "Theophilus" albulm. I personally thought it was one of the best ever put out there but hey my music taste and opinion so to those "Singing Ladies of THE Way when ya goin on tour ? Too funny you sending that "Singing LADIES OF The Cult THAT SNAPPED back ! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> p.s Sing it Dave ? Dave WHO ? I have to get past security back there sometime and see what I have been missing ??

Singing ladies i think started late 80's early 90's. and dave was part of the music group. i don't remember his name, he's probably not in anymore. I don't know definatively when either started but the tapes had copyright dates of 91-93 i believe.

I had to watch them every sunday for like 4 years when I lived at HQ...

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

Actually, Dave is Dave L**z. He was also in the group "Fellow Workers with God" in the early 90s. Country singer. Wasn't he also in the High Country Caravan?

JT

thankx, i could not for the life of me remember his last name. Its been soooo long.

JT,

I can't figure out WHEN you were in...either really early or really late. The Victors were early to mid 80s and were a BARBERSHOP quartet. Actually they were pretty good, sang old time biblely songs, and some fun stuff, my favorite being "I'm my own grandpa."

They were Doug Cosmos, Dave DeMars, Fred Grant and 1 more but I can only remember his wife's name (???).....any takers?

ROR icon_cool.gif

Megan, you can find Dave Lutz and Fred Grant thru CFFM.org

Dave Lutz was also in Branded. He was the guy who sang 'Daddy's arms'. The 4th guy in the Victors was David Hogshead. Theophilus now goes as Delighted in him, I think.

I can listen to In a gadda da vida without wanting to do drugs again, and I can listen to the singing ladies without wanting to go back to TWI.

Fred G was also in Way Prod in the mid-nineties. There was a regular group consisting of Dave L, Fred G (bass), Anthony H (long-haired drummer), and the current Vice Prez (guitar). Michael Martin played sometimes and the choir leadin' guy also played keyboards.

Fred was tall, sandy-haired and bearded. Nice deep voice.

I believe he ended up with CFF.