GreaseSpot Cafe

Corps Evaluations

JustThinking

Yeah, they were always in March. You knew because you were Corps you'd have to go through it every March for the rest of your life.

You sat before your branch or limb leader and had to rate yourself on a form that you were given before hand in about five different areas. At the evaluation, your leader discussed the ratings and gave you their ratings on you in those areas.

If there was anything they needed to tell you at the time they would give you the needed exhortations so that you could just be better and better as a good little Corps person.

I hated those things. I dreaded them.

nothing beyond the fact that they were totally worthless evaluations done by people who, for the most part, did not know one little thing about you...just going on the word of the guy who was immediately above you... can hardly think of a greater waste of time outside of SNS hookups and bore night hookups and, oh yeah, 4 hour plus TC meetings. Except for maybe bore week and RACA(post 78). Did I leave out anything? please correct me, if so....

I had the pleasure of undergoing a corps evaluation one year, and I wasn't in the corps or have any intention to be. I was a twig coord, and my branch leader thoguht it would be a good thing for me ( gak).

Amazingly I came through with very little 'reproof', and the look at what I'd have to go through annually pretty much squelched any thoughts I may have been harboring to go in the corps, which I doubt was the goal of the guy who evaluated me.

Thank you, m'am, may I please have another...

form to incriminate myself with so I may remember all I have to be thankful for here in GAWD'S only TRUE ministry since the First Century AD, Inc.

Yes, I do need to work on my in-depth spiritual perception and awareness. Next time I will break the breath mints into 3 or more pieces, not just in half......mmuuuwwahahahahahahahahahahaha ..NOT

quote:
Thank you, m'am, may I please have another...
of course here you go, guzzle guzzle guzzle .... you spiritually sweet person

there is a thread about what's in your fridge

i could not even respond i was so astounded that keggers wasn't on the top of the lift i mean list

I am feeling so nostalgic, i think I will go pick up 3 or 4 cases of Little Kings Schoenling Cream Ale....remember, they were only 7 oz bottle so we will need 3 or 4 at least**

tanks, excie-- you will certainly ace your kork eval this year...

The new LC in AZ called me up, wanted me to drop by and say hi. (Thankfully for him, I cannot remember his name, but I think it was 1981 or 2.) So I went over. After a few pleasantries, he handed me a Corps Evaluation form and a Redeem the Time sheet and asked me to fill them out.

I told him I was Recognized Corps. He said, "Doctor never wanted there to be a Recignized Corps." That's odd, because that's what we went into residence as, and I had a diploma to prove it.

I remember thinking that I was fighting for my life, and here was someone I didn't know trying to find out whether i witnessed enough! I politely but firmly refused to fill out the forms.

It was the first time I had ever heard of a Corps Evaluation, and the last time anybody tried to make me have one.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Shaz

To me, that was one of the key moments when I knew TWI was on a downward slide when I heard they were going to begin doing these evaluations.

I was on staff and a friend of mine told me they were going to start doing this. I told her how idiotic this was. She said the standard we were being held to was VP's life, walk and example. I thought, gag me. I asked how could women be held to this standard? I also said, what if someone did lousy on the evaluation, but was a wonderful person with a great "heart." Where's the room for "heart" on this evaluation? (In the WC, "heart" was a great quality - I guess at least up until then!). We ended up arguing about it, she for, me against. At the end she told me she was the one who written it with DM. I should have known... She then said, so, do you think D**a is stupid? I said of course not, just the idea. The idea is assinine. That's when I knew TWI was really becoming a corporation. Any love of God left was slowly being drained away.

So, basically we were judged in these evaluations on how well we compared to VP. Most of the corps didn't know that was the ultimate standard we were to live up to. They weren't told this little piece of info. Because of that, I was never able to take them seriously. The last one I had, I told the leader point blank, well, I can't guarantee I'll be here this time next year, I'm getting to the point where I've had enough. At that point, I was certainly not going to base my life on whether or not I am living up to VP's life, as I didn't particularly like him, and for a woman to be judged by male standards, well, that was rather pointless. In fact, the whole thing was pointless.

I can't remember now what the questions were or what specifically we were evaluated on. Anyone else remember?

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

i'm trying to remember sunesis

quote:
She said the standard we were being held to was VP's life, walk and example. I thought, gag me.
no kidding ? we all should have gotten straight A's if that was the standard. LMAO....

I, for one, am curious how well vpw-the REAL one and not the idealized, idolized image

many people built up of him-would have held up to this standard.

I'm guessing it included things like the 2-drink maximum, regular exercise, witnessing to

people, and so on, since those are things the corpse was expected to do.

Let's see-

We were asked about our study/research time...

Our physical fitness time...

Our Witnessing -- I think but they may have been under outreach

Was Abundant Sharing one?

Shoot.... I cannot recall

Under one heading it was about if you take the Initiative to do things... if you go above and beyond...

Was there one on how we do under leadership or obeying or some crap?

Damn, theres some funny lines in this thread:

Ex Cath:

…“of course here you go, guzzle guzzle guzzle .... you spiritually sweet person”

WordWolf:

…“those are things the corpse was expected to do”

AlfaKat:

…“can hardly think of a greater waste of time outside of SNS hookups and bore night hookups and, oh yeah, 4 hour plus TC meetings. Except for maybe bore week”

Too damn funny guys.

Even in company evaluations, you normally start the review period with goals that can be MEASURED. After the period, you should go over the goals and see if they've been met. Rating the operation of the manifestations?! Great example of people with no education or experience in the real world playing "professional."

DM spent how much time working in reality before going in the corpse?