GreaseSpot Cafe

Prison Outreach

Hills Bro

JustThinking is correct. Which included (but is not confined to) below examples that someone had to be on a higher level before being considered to become a part of twi:

If they were lacking in social skills they would tarnish the image.

If they were lacking in education they would not understand concepts, like the military which they held in high regard because of the discipline.

If they were lacking in finances....do I need to say more.

At the risk of leading this thread down a side road, I have to agree, sadly, with the previous post. At the last Rock of Ages, I remember my BC telling me that we were no longer reaching out to "nerds." He seemed a little surprised when I remarked that those were the people we could actually help.

George

Agree with Steve! Chuck Colson and Jim Bakker both came to themselves during their prison time and their lives and ministry improved because of it.

Prison outreach, as well as caring for those who are in other chains -- poverty, ignorance, sickness -- these are things Christians are encouraged to do, and we grow closer to the Lord thereby because that's what He did as well.

Pompous arrogance, such as is rampant in twi, is never a good breeding ground for a Christian soul.

quote:
Agree with Steve! Chuck Colson and Jim Bakker both came to themselves during their prison time and their lives and ministry improved because of it.

Especially Chuck Colson, who transcended the snide comments questioning the reality of his "conversion", and proved his critics dead wrong. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

sowwy haven't read this thread

but saw something on TV last night about a serial killer who found jesus in prison

barf

There are only six posts before yours. Its not like it's "THE" or a "Mike Thread". You could have read the whole thread in the time you took to type that you hadn't read the thread icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Responses make so much more sense when they are based on previous posts.

But what do I know, I haven't even hit 3000 posts yet icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The only prison outreach that I heard about in 20+ years in Nebraska was when a PFAL grad was thrown in prison for some financial shenanigans.

It was basically just the leadership visiting him. I don't think they ever went searching for new converts.

Oak said:

quote:
But what do I know, I haven't even hit 3000 posts yet.
You see Oak, ourseestorEx is in a constant "undershepherding" mode... she's trying to show you how to reach the posting milestones you wish to achieve by her quick hitting posts...

But I see you've already got a plan... you post two times in a row, instead of in one post, so you can increase your numbers! Good plan! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

People in prison have no way to abundantly share anything of value to the twi(t)s. They can not have their time manipulated because the system already does that. They can not clean the bathrooms before meetings and they can not babysit for free.

Bottom line: twi can get nothing out of them so they don't waste their time and they don't want anyone who could be providing these valuables and services to twi to be distracted by wasting their time in such a way.

Agreed, Trefor. That's what Jesus said and that's why my husband and I do it...prison outreach.

It's really a wonderful way to reach out to folks who are a captive audience, so to speak. We love it. The inmates are so appreciative and many get born again each time. I guess Jesus knew what he was talking about.

There is a lot of repentance in there and we feel privileged to be a part of it.