GreaseSpot Cafe

Another VPW snowjob?

Bogey76

With all the recent coverage of the 60th anniversary of D-Day, for some reason it reminded me of VPW claiming that there was some town called Wierville that was supposedly right where the troops landed in Normandy and there was supposed to be some family connection. I looked on line for a map of Normandy but did not see any town with such a name. Does anyone know if this was true, or yet another thing that he concocted - either that or my mind is palying tricks on me and I'm imagining I heard this? But I seem to recall hearing this story on at least a couple of different occasions.

Thanks,

Well Oldiesman, if it hadn’t been for your quickdraw, this thread might have been another Tom Strange snowjob!

It wouldn’t have gotten TOO far, though. In “Saving Private Ryan” the town’s name is spelled with a “W.”

I've actually been around the cafe for quite some time but I am mainly a lurker. Don't recall seeing that in "Saving Private Ryan" but I guess so huh?

But does anyone know if there truly was a connection with VPW's family or is the name similarity just a coincidence? I always thought he was German.

Thanks

Please accept my apology for the faux pas.

The connection goes back centuries, four or five I think.

People and boundaries in that region have shifted over the centuries.

In the movie, the name of the town is printed on the screen for a few seconds as they enter it.

I can’t remember if it’s a black screen in the background or scenery.

That’s how memory is: flaky.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

Please accept my apology for the faux pas.

The connection goes back centuries, four or five I think.

People and boundaries in that region have shifted over the centuries.

In the movie, the name of the town is printed on the screen for a few seconds as they enter it.

I can’t remember if it’s a black screen in the background or scenery.

That’s how memory is: flaky.

4 or 5 centuries according to docvic(praise be his name). It has already repeatedly been demonstrated that he was a liar.

And smikeol, you just proved earlier in this thread that you don't pay attention to details. Why do you have any expectation at all that anyone would lend any credence to your "work"?

hi bogey

quote:
The Way International revolves entirely around its founder, Victor Paul Wierwille, who traces his ancestry back to the Huguenots who traveled from France to Germany in the 1600's and then to Ohio in the 1800's.(1) V.P. Wierwille was born to Ernst and Emma Wierwille on December 31, 1916 in the kitchen of their home on the family's 147 acre farm near New Knoxville, Ohio.(2) There he was baptized into the German Reformed Church(3) and raised with five older siblings.(4) V.P. Wierwille remembers that already at the age of eight or nine he wanted to be a minister.(5)

from john juedes site http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/rsr_vcchap1-2.htm

Bluzeman,

Because, as you can see from his 1st post here (in the snowjob crack), he takes a clearly derogeratory attitude towards anybody who challenges (or seems to challenge) his Prophet Wierwille, who he regards as the next Apostle Paul of sorts. Only after being clearly challenged and trounced, and there is no way to weave and dodge his way out of it, he then goes "Oopps! My faux pax, my bad."

So in an indirect sense, Smikeol was promoting PFAL, by denouncing any challenge, real or apparent, of its Teacher.

Bluzeman,

I appreciate your appeal for moderation. However Garth is half correct.

I did plug my wares, but not where he thought. The attitude Garth spoted was directed at the rumor mill and it’s operation, but was not a promotion of anything in my message.

The place where I plead guilty to advertising (we all do it, you know) was at the end of my post.

There I reminded people that memory is iffy, with the not-so-hidden implication that a tape or printed record is MUCH better. I bring up the non-trustworthiness of memory a lot in my posts. It was trusting in our memory that tricked us OLGs into thinking that we had mastered PFAL enough when all through the mid 70’s to mid 80’s Dr was telling us to crack the PFAL books.

Steve!, I owe you for repeating my message…

and Garth, I guess I owe you for pointing back to it, and giving me this opportunity to expand on it all.

If you two’d have just let things slide by, like the moderation Bluzeman appealed for, then I’d not owe you so much. How will I ever repay?

Mike,

I heard your jibe at the "rumor mill" (whatever that is), and at our ability to remember, as I read the thread. 'Course, in all honesty, you can only speak about your own ability to remember -- others might just have real good memories about what happened to them, what they heard, and what they saw.

You keep harping on getting us back to the good old days. Some of us don't recall them as being all that good. So perhaps approaching Older Leader Grads is not what you want to be doing. Hmm, maybe door-to-door witnessing might be fun, you know, like back in the old days!

Shaz

Please excuse the former choo-choo...

I did actually see the name VierVille, France come up as the location a reporter was using for a piece on the D-Day memorial. Whether or not Wierwille's family had its origins there is anybody's guess, unless they want to research it.

Whenever VP went on and on about his family pedigree, I always thought, "So what? Aren't we judged on our own merits? Isn't God no respecter of a person's background? Borrring!"

But ya know? It's often a part of the narcissist's grandiosity to think of himself as special because of his family tree. (I know, plenty of people take pride in their heritage, but Wierwille used to teach on it like it was the Word!)

IMHO,

Shaz

Shaz,

quote:
Whenever VP went on and on about his family pedigree, I always thought, "So what? Aren't we judged on our own merits? Isn't God no respecter of a person's background? Borrring!"

What double standards!!!!!

Yes, VP would go on and on about his heritage, yet if we dared bring up anything of our heritages...well.. sheeshh.. that's JUST your EARTHLY family... the holier than thou HOUSEHOLD are the only ones you should be thinking of at all times!

I know I wasn't in for a very long time, but I did listen to a whole bunch of tapes and I don't recall Wierwille making such a big deal of his heritage. Mention it, yes, but I don't remember him making a big deal of it, like it made him more spiritual or anything.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.