GreaseSpot Cafe

The stupidest thing the CURRENT twi president ever said

Linda Z

We spend a lot of time talking about what VPW and LCM did wrong and that's fine, but they're pretty much history. what about the current president of twi? Out of what "abundance of the heart does [her] mouth speak(eth)"?

Here are a couple to start off:

During my annual work evaluation in Way Publications in 1985, I told Rosalie Rivenbark I was concerned that between the long work hours and the many mandatory meetings and events at HQ, on top of caring for my home and child, I barely had time to read the Bible, much less study it.

Her response (paraphrased, but this was the gist of it): "You don't need to read the Bible so much now. After all, you're reading the Way Magazine and other Way publications every day in your work."

RFR to our department receptionist: "If Dr. Wierwille calls, tell him I'm not here."

To those of you who are still in twi, this is the woman who's in charge of "your ministry." Think about it. Does she sound like someone who should be making decisions that affect your life?

quote:
what about the current president of twi? Out of what "abundance of the heart does [her] mouth speak(eth)"?

I never heard her much, except for "God bless you, how are y'all doing" -- and then launching into a description of some function that had either just happened, or was upcoming.

Should I be counting my "blessings"? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Linda Z's post:

Her response (paraphrased, but this was the gist of it): "You don't need to read the Bible so much now. After all, you're reading the Way Magazine and other Way publications every day in your work."

>>

So this reminds me of a remark to the effect of "You don't have Jesus but you do

have Doctor Weirwille". Now the VPW stuff aside

it was clear to me then and even more so later

that we were substituting books and magazines

about the bible in place of the real bible.

do you remember that question "Have you

ever just sat and read the bible"? I tried to

many times while in TWI but was frequently interrupted or asked why I wasn't using someone's article or one of the books to work it. At a minimum you were expected to have a concordance nearby. Once I was reading the bible in a room by myself and was warned that

in absence of collateral materials that I might

wind up privately intperpreting the bible.

I don't remember too many things she said but that is probably because of her classic delivery. By the time she finished a sentence you already forgot what she was talking about.

He-

llo

and

Wel-

come

to

tha

Word

o-

ver

tha

world

au-

di-

tor-

ium

I

am

rev

er

end

Rosa

Lee

Ri

Vin

Bark

Did she really have five names? lol

reminds me of a joke from the "circuit rider".

quote:
I'm writin' this letter slow, cuz I know you cain't read too fast.

I remember hearing RFR teach at a ROA afternoon teaching series for HFC(this was not in the main tent, but another smaller tent on grounds). This may have been 1993 (not sure).

Her teaching was all about the first year she got into the word. How that at some point she ran a class in her home and her new carpet she had was destroyed because people didn't take their shoes off.

The point of the story was that she learnt how to say 'NO' after that.

She seemed like such a 'five senses' christian to me.

You won't see many Rosi-lie quotes in this thread. The Fox excercises one very stealthy skill that LCM never comprehended, the skill of "laying low". She seldom comes out and teachers, and she knows that anything she says on tape can possibly come back to bite her in the A$$. The most damning quotes that can be attributed to Rosie, are those from court depositions.

Yes, it's well known that RFR prefers to work behind the scenes rather than commit her words to public record. I seldom heard her teach or say anything publicly other than what people have described..."Welcome to blah blah blah."

But I'll bet there are people around here who had to deal with her when on staff or who got "confronted" by her for one reason or another. I recall IGotOut sharing a letter she wrote him when he dared to ask questions about what was going on in twi. Did anyone else get such a letter? Did anyone else have a one-on-one conversation with her that left you scratching your head?

By the way, out of curiosity, a question for those who left HQ in recent years: Did she carry on the tradition of "sharing" in the HQ dining room at lunchtime after LCM's departure? Or is she the great puppeteer in that regard, as well?

The reason I think this topic is important is that I have a hunch many people still in twi are fooled by the sappy, sweet, gracious PR front she puts on. I don't think they know there's a Fox in the hen house.

If memory serves me correctly, my first encounter with twi's current president was at pfal77...I had never heard of her before and suddenly, there she is, on stage being introduced as the "hostess with the mostest", or something like that. She was in charge of coordinating a major portion of that event...can't remember exactly what her title or function was...but I do remember thinking to myself at the time..."who the f***** is this"?

Her "southern belle" syrupy drawl along with her interpretation of a "toned down" Tammy Faye Baker appearance, left me a little cold. I remember passing her in some hallway and getting an "up close" look at her...I recall thinking to myself, "who's she trying to kid"?...she came across to me as being very ambitious in her attempts to climb up that waytree. When I first heard of twi's selection of Rosie to replace lcm...I was shocked...I knew at that moment how shallow the pool was, in which to select a new leader.

I agree that quotes from her will be somewhat scarce...not only does she lay low, but what she DOES say is so forgettable that I'm surprised anybody can even bear to listen to her.

Oh gosh mz, I started the thread for you but screwed your name up and am having trouble going back there to change it...I am sorry.

But the good thing is the thread has started. I'm also interested in who and what...thanks.

What about the explanation she gave to her followers concerning her testimony about ever reproving LCM?????? What was that, something about motorcycle rides and some gal got a longer ride or what ever........

Now that was ridiculous!!!!!!!

She was asked if she ever confronted(don’t remember the wording) LCM about his sexual stuff and she responded yes. Then she went to the faithful and said that crap!

Some savvy person could find that and bring it back for us to see.............

She only reads boring statements when she speaks. Usually she doesn't even teach when she's up on stage, she just quotes a list of scriptures.

The 3 times I did hear her actually teach something it was the same dam* teaching every time. It was truly amazing to hear people talking about how great the teaching was and how they got so much out of it. I was thinking....am I in the twilight zone? These people act like they've never heard this teaching before.

The emporer really has no clothes!

I do recall michele de lisle teaching one time and mentioned how skillful rfr was at pointing out things that needed to be changed in a teaching when the person was submitting it for approval to her. The words were kind, but reading between the lines you could tell there was a private joke going on among the people who had to sit through teaching review sessions with her.

Linda, was that you who told about her lying and telling bobby moneyhands that you had resolved your problem so that she wouldn't be confronted?

insurgent:

Yes, 'twas I. I'd forgotten all about that big fib!

She had to approve people's teachings??? Don't I recall something in PFAL or someplace about VP complaining that his denomination wanted to approve his sermons before he gave them?!?

Grizzy, I'd like to see that here too, if you could find it. I don't recall ever seeing her cover-up explanation before.