into my Bible.

Said "sons of God" and "daughters of men" were both HUMANS, and gave an

explanation for it. It holds together nicely, although I know some

don't agree with it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! Do you think that Loy was a lesbian want to be? I'v seen it on Jerry Springer. A male, who was a women lesbian. Just joking. I guess it was his FEAR of what he could not control or understand. hhuuuummmmm.

I do feel said for folks who do have a personia cross gender switch.

Companion Bible Appendix 23 "The Sons of God" in Gen 6.2,4

quote:
It is only the Divine specific act of creation that any created being can be called a "son of God". For that which is "born of flesh is flesh". God is spirit, and that which is "born of the Spirit is spirit"...Hence Adam is called a "son of God"...Those "in Christ" having "the new nature" whioch is by the direct creation of God...can be, and are called "sons of God". This is why angels are called "sons of God" in every other place where the expression is used in the Old Testament...We have no authority or right to take the expression in Gen 6.2, 4 in any other sense. Moreover in Gen.6.2 the Sept(uagint) renders it "angels".
And on and on...Bullinger clearly believed that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6 were angels. It was Wierwille who believed (rightly, IMHO) that both the sons of God and the daughters of men were human.

That's very strange.

Oakspear, if you still have a copy handy,

look up Genesis 6 and read the center reference in the Companion Bible

on the verses. There should be a breakdown of the "nephilim" and

multiple meanings for the word "fallers". I KNOW the definitions I

squeezed down were there.....

Wordwolf:

I think you must have gotten your notes from somewhere else. In the notes in the Companion bible for Genesis 6, there is no breakdown that you mention, just the note in verse 4 that giants = nephilim.

Appendix 25 does go into more detail about the Nephilim, but still maintains that they were the offspring of humans and angels. He goes on to say that the Canaanites of Abrahams time onward were nephilim also.

There is too much here to type out (and besides, it's real small print icon_frown.gif:(-->) but I can photocopy it and mail it to you if you'd like. PT me or my email is on my profile.

Tom,

Those are "old wineskins" in LCM's book. The even more new present truth (As opposed to VPW's present truth) was that the snake was just figurative to represent the Devil's evil nature. His physical form was that of a woman. According to LCM, Eve got turned on by the looks of the "babe" in front of her and they had sex.

See what you miss by not staying tight with the household? ;-)

He had a painting which depicted adam, eve, and another woman. I can't remember if the other woman was part snake/part human to illstrate that eve was being seduced. Ironically he used this painting to prove that other people thought the same thing. So that MUST make it true. But then he couldn't take credit for shedding new light then.....I just wonder how he didn't know the artist of the painting wasn't on drugs or had a fantasy about that kind of thing.

The only thing with martinpuke's stupid theory is that he missed telling us what adam's sin was. Did the devil come into concretion as a man, and adam had sex with him? Or did he join eve and the other serpent/woman? I guess he thougt that was as far as the BS could go at that point.

Oh, who cares. It just doesn't make sense.

• 1 year later...
Here's one thread about lcm's stupid, stupid teaching about Eve.

Wolf - Did you bring this back out for me?

I wondered if anyone knew about that 'new revelation' TWI is teaching, apparantely its not so new.

Seems after reading most of this -- it was quite old and thanks for the source, Makes more sense now how it got so 'outlandish'. LCM written all over it.

Thanks for sharing it.

Wolf - Did you bring this back out for me?

No,

I saw a miraculous snowstorm, and God said to click this thread to the top.

:biglaugh:

I wondered if anyone knew about that 'new revelation' TWI is teaching, apparantely its not so new.

Seems after reading most of this -- it was quite old and thanks for the source, Makes more sense now how it got so 'outlandish'. LCM written all over it.

Thanks for sharing it.

That's nothing.

Check the archives sometime-

there's several more threads JUST on this subject.

Edited by WordWolf

Jet, there's a lot of things that craig taught that are off the wall ridiculous, but we swallowed it hook, line and sinker. This is but one of them. Like WW said, the archives are full of the b.s. we learned from that dude and that TWI continues to teach.

Indeed, TWI sought to categorize things especially LCM. Early on in TWI there was tolerance for homosexuals and we invited anyone and everyone to TWig - alcoholics, addicts,gay people, anyone so no one discrimated at least in the mid 70s in my area.

Only later did the witch hunt for gay people begin to emerge as part of LCM's platform of hate and intolerance. Here is the thing that I could never understand. According to Way teaching, Homosexuality is caused by a devil spirit as is alcoholism yet I never recall there being endless teachings about how horrible drunks were despite the fact that there were many,many alcholics in TWI. I knew many and drank with them. So right there you have a huge problem in *logic* which is something that TWI claimed to be expert on. I mean if you are going to rail on day and night about "homos" why stop there ? Why not target the drunks also ? Why were they spared the wrath especially when there were so many of them. Perhaps it was because there were so many (some in leadership) that it wouldn't be a good topic for general discussion. Seems to me that alcoholism is a very destructive thing and it has ruined many marriages and personal relationships yet in TWI it got a pass. Why ? Way leaders perpetuated a double standard and arbitrarily decided that one category of devil spirit wasn't so bad whereas another was jus tthe worst so they had to rail on about it.

The sick side of my brain wonders how much of that doctrine was a test of our loyalty. It made no sense to me then, and it makes less now as I hear you discussing this point.

Maybe that whole part was just to test how far we would go to rationalize the totally ridiculous so that we could still be retained as worker bees, diciples for the lord, rah rah...and they were secretly laughing at us for believing such idiocy.

At this point in time, I cannot imagine any other reason for including such questionable doctrine.