GreaseSpot Cafe

Its here!

Refiner

Hey George, I think it is much more interesting than the phone book. In fact I think it one of the more extraordinary books of doctrine Ive ever read. The only thing I can think that is similar to its style is Marxism/Leninism.

The book purports to be a scientific one in many ways, in that it offers formulas and equations, its quite unlike ant religious book Ive read before.

I have some major issues with section one "Power of believing" and will post on that subject when I have time to put together an appropriate post. The second section "The Bible is the word of God" is much more impressive, Im still thinking upon my response to that section, which at the moment I feel very drawn towards as propounding very many truths.

Refiner - It's impossible for those of us who committed to the TWI experience to view the PFAL material completely objectively. Some have gone back through and tried to separate the wheat from the chaff, but still, it's not the same thing as someone reading PFAL without having sat through the class.

Ordinarily,new people would be allowed to read the Blue Book only before sitting through a class, almost never the PFAL book itself. So I'm VERY interested in reading your impressions!

Love,

Steve

Refiner...wait til you get to the part about "getting your needs and wants parallel". If you can figure out what the hell he's talkin' about, you'll be the first...ROFLMAO.

other titles:

"Christians should be preposterous"

A handbook that is distributed freely to new recruits, explaining to them why it is important to give twi their money.

"Christian sex within the family"

A closer look at a woman's role in the context of living in the kings kingdom.

All the major tenets of Wierwillianism were propounded very energetically, but seldom were given any detailed explanation.

The cornerstone of TWI-faith "THE LAW OF BELIEVING" was stated in very simplistic terms, but HOW it actually worked was never given a moment of time.

The basic idea of "believing equals receiving" was about all that was promoted. If we believed something it WAS going to come to pass. Period, end of story. Funny that we never delved into how that was suppposed to happen, but we didn't.

Like so much of TWI crap, we simply accepted it at face value.

We were stupid kids, what can I say?

George...when you think about it, was it all that different from people who attended witch covens (twigs) and cast spells, expecting them to happen?

"works for saint and sinner alike..." with that little phrase, the cornfield grifter sent everybody off on a tangent, seeking that elusive power that was within their own minds...of course when it didn't work...it was YOUR fault. What a catch 22, what a fireproof plan! We pay em money for the more abundant life, and when they fail to deliver the goods, they blame us...as they're counting the money in the back room.

Believing equals receiving...IMPOSSIBLE! Not true, not even biblical, pure crap. How could we have been sooooooooo stupid!

physically yes,emotionally and spritually..well, it has been over twenty years and I am just beginning to get honest with myself and accept the fact that the pain is gone but the scars will always be there. I am certain that it is the same as being sexually or physically abused. My best friend is my former pastor and he is now a family therapist. He also travels at least twice a year counseling missionaries in Russia. He is helping me regain trust in people. No question,God put him in my life.

quote:
Originally posted by simpleton:

Hi Blue Sunday. Welcome to the GreaseSpot!

I'm still in so I don't get access to the computer too much at home. It's always good to see new faces around here when I do get to check in. I hope that you are free from the bondage of The Way.

BlueSunday -- agreeing with Steve!, and carrying it a step further (if I may). icon_smile.gif:)-->

Scars may last, but you see them less and less as time goes by. I have some scars on me (physically) that I don't even notice these days, since I am so used to seeing them.

I know they are there, but I no longer dwell on them, nor do I dwell on the "event" that caused them initially. Yes -- the initial "event" caused me pain, and I bear the marks from it, but it happened long ago.

Mental "scars" can be the same way. I also have those, yet if I think about them, I have to really take the time to notice, since I am used to them, and they are now part of the "landscape" (if you will). If the "pain is gone" - as you said, let your scars disappear into the background also.

Sounds like your best friend, that pastor person is the Godsend you claim him to be. Ask questions, get answers, live life!

Sometimes it just doesn't cut it to be with the "IN" crowd. Consider yourself "OUT" -- all the way. icon_smile.gif:)-->