GreaseSpot Cafe

Sex "Pu-VERT"

Bogey76

There was one point in "piffle" where VPW was talking about Paul's thorn in the flesh and the different interpretations of what it was supposed to be.

He indicated that some scholar(s) somewhere had postulated that Paul's thorn in the flesh was, as he put it "a weakness for women". Then he really got worked up over the idea that someone would think the Apostle Paul was a "sex puh-VERT". He went on to speculate that most theologians were just projecting their own foibles on Paul.

Now, I am no biblical scholar (I certainly wasn't one back then!) but everything that I have ever seen or read (outside of TWI) has speculated that Paul's thorn in the flesh was sickness of some kind. Has anyone ever seen anything where anyone has even remotely suggested that it might have been something sexual in nature?

Do you think that maybe VP was doing a little self-projecting of his own?

After all, if this was in fact Paul's thorn and he still supposedly got all this great revelation, it would perhaps serve to justify VP's own despicable conduct in his own eyes?

For years, I have prided myself in understanding ONE thing Victor said.

That Pauls thorn in the flesh was people.

I got it right on the questions in the back of the syllabus, too.

Are you suggesting he meant 'specific' people, as in the female kind of people and not just people in general?

Please don't take the one thing I understood away from me.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

You know, until you mentioned it, I had completely forgotten that was what VPW said Paul's thorn in the flesh actually was (it's been a lot more years than I care to remember!)

I wasn't saying that his explanation of it being people was necessarily wrong. I suppose he made a good enough arguement for it being people vs. being a illness of some kind.

I was simply commenting on his criticism of what supposedly someone else was to have said Paul's thorn was, considering what we have learned of VP's own behavior since then.

VPW taught that the people who where Paul's thorns were mostly those who were trying to Judaize the gentile Christian's. This seems doctrinally sound to me.

But, VPW getting incensed over someone saying that Paul's thorn was that Paul was a sex pervert seems rather ironic since it has been revealed that VPW himself was a sex pervert.

I wonder what was going through VPW's mind when he was getting incensed about what someone said about Paul, knowing that there were many young girls that he himself had already sexually exploited - and new ones yet to conquer.

Oh, and yes some have speculated that Paul's thorn was sexual in nature. Bishop John S. Spong, a gay rights advocate in the Episcopal (Anglican) Church, speculates and writes that Paul was possibly a repressed homosexual.

Was the Apostle Paul Gay?

In the videotaped class,

vpw said that his response upon hearing the guy say Paul was a

sex pervert was to

stand up,

say "SHUT UP!"

and leave the room.

Since, on other occasions, he's said he was slow to leave the room

on people saying the Bible was full of myths (said Don had left

several minutes earlier), and he did NOT yell at that, one might

wonder why this PARTICULAR statement produced what one might call a

"knee-jerk" response.

I would ask that question, anyway....

Veepee was a master grifter...he often employed the method of "tranference by implication"...I just made that up icon_cool.gif

Even as he described the charecteristics of an apostle, by using Paul as an example...he made damn sure that his "definition" included himself also. He never said outright that he was an apostle...he simply let you draw your own conclusion and then say it FOR him...

Thanks to Bogey, we now see an example of this same method in reverse. He was already preparing the fertile minds of his minions for any future accusations against himself. If anyone dared to accuse him of sexual impropriety (which many did)...he would simply say..."see, they said the same thing about the apostle Paul!" He knew where his weaknesses were and he began covering his a$$ from the very beginning.

Maybe VP really did hear people say those things about Paul. Look at where he got his education.

Maybe this made Paul a man after VP's own heart and so he didn't see those things as a sin or thorn in the flesh, so he got mad at anyone suggesting that his behavior was wrong. The thorn had to be something other than sexually related.

I hope this comes across right. It makes sense in my brain.

VPW elaborated on the sex pervert part. Right before he said that he said it meant that he had a "physical weakness" for women. Wait a minute. What exactly does that mean? Did he fight like a girl? No. It seems to vaguely suggest that his unrestrained appetite was a "physical" problem so it must be OK.

LIGHT NING STRIKES ME A GA IN!

I went to a Bible collage before I got involved in TWI. Flodia Bible College (FBC), the President and Fonder was caught in adultry. He was a player with the student body.(literly) I remember time after time and week after week his Sunday sermons always came around to adultry. The "sin" of it and how immoral it was.

When he was removed from his position, I thought how can somone teach on the "evils of that sin" and still live with themselves. A friend explain transference. She said what ever you want to hide in your life, that is what you speak vehemetly against. Like a smoke screen.

I believe VPW was a clever and shrewed preditor. Her didn't have to "teach" against it. All he had to do is continually reinforce his position as MOG of the world. With that in place who would ever challange his behavior.

Perhaps Loy boy's problem with homosexuality was that he was scorned or ashamed of his gay lovers. So Loy set out to prove he was now healed of the homo "infestation" by boinking every lady he could...Or perhaps he like some men had found out that his wife preferred women lovers instead of him...

I like Uncle Hairy's "transference by implication"

and Imbus' comparison to the Bible School Prez.

Didn't Carl Jung teach that our dark thoughts will find a way to express themselves, either in a sound or unsound way? This may well be an example of Vic's 'mental leakage."