GreaseSpot Cafe

Copyright Violation Alert

Pirate1974

Pirate! You're terrific!

I was gonna come in here just now and post this. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Me and hubby about peed our pants laughing so hard at this. Tee hee.

We couldn't get out of our minds the spit fest and spiritual bludgeonings that would go on if we were to take this thing to twig some day...

ROFLMAOPIMP!!!!!!!!

Snort Snort.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ain't it grand that this is funny?

quote:
copyright violation and possible lawsuit
I can just see it now. TWI's pit bulls at Wolfram & Hart I mean Hostetler & Baker demand all the revenues generated from the cartoon for the last 30 years for the cartoon's violation of the "sacred words" The Way........

On a serious note, the reason it is so important to cancel TWI's trademarks is that all the long-standing churches that have used "The Way" in their name, could be sued for all their church revenues while using TWI's trademark in the church's name. And with TWI's falling revenues, this is not a far fetched scenario..

Umm, perhaps not very many of you remember this, but in the late 70's and on through the 80's, there was a bible version called "The Way" that had nothing to do with TWIt.

"The Way" was nothing but paraphrase of King Jimmy, and a hack job at that.

Oral Roberts also had a magazine called "Abundant Life," around the same time. It was a common theme at the time.

I defy you to come up with a class name or a church name that no one else has used in one form or another: as a church name, book name, chapter title, article headline, etc.

And that includes the Living Epistles Society.

Maybe Stanley Jones did inspire the titles of The Way and PFAL. Huge "so what" in my opinion. I'm a little more concerned with the presentation of the words of others as his own, but even then I have to concede that in this context, plagiarism does not in any way affect the quality of the message. The integrity of the messenger, maybe, but not the quality of the message.

"The Word of God is The Will of God."

B.G. Leonard

Every time I couldn't get out of the mandatory witnessing we were always asked if that was our Bible. People would say, "Oh, yeah, you have your own Bible, right?" icon_cool.gif

I'd say something about looking us up on the Internet to learn more about what we teach. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Raf:

Here's somthing you might find interesting too.

Watchmen Nee, who died in 1972 wrote about the body, soul and spirit in his book The Spriritual Man (A three part series). Nee, a chinese citizen, books were translated into English. I dont know the time that Werewille's book was published on the subject, I presume that Nee's were prior, but you might want to check it out.