GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI advertising you have seen

pjroberge

They advertised about their products in every way mag and highlighted a produst on every SNS tape I ever heard. I am sure that cost them LOTS to self promote.

The only public advertisement I am aware of is the bradshaw infomercial they had produced. I just checked the web site and did not find it archived.- You would think it would be.

http://www.broadcastnewschannel.com/

Looking under news lists all of their archived Picks- TWI is not listed in Jan or Feb of 2004

It might be illuminating to ask BNC about this.

Here is the link to the response to this infomercial at GSC

http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&a=tpc...=7466003065&p=1

Also they may have advertised Way productions events in local papers and brodcasts.

Pat I suppose it depends on how you define advertising. All the brochures done over the years are advertising. The tv time for the live heartbeat show from Wichita could be considered advertising. The high country productions were advertising for the Way and PFAL so all the production costs for those would be considered advertising. Rock of a

Ages billboards and banners, any signage at the root locations. I'd have to agree they have spent quite a bit over the years don't think you will win that battle sorry!

UH - I think they still have a billboard up on Hwy. 29 - not too far from TWI's entrance. If they don't have one now, I know they had one up for years. Maybe that's what they meant when they said they spent "substantial amounts of money". Over the years, it must have cost a few bucks - though I'd guess it wasn't all that "substantial".

Would twi's web site be concidered advertising?

It might be possible that somethings in the way rag (promoting sns tapes, and other programs, bookstore etc) might fall into the realm of advertising.

Advertising is usually for a "target group". IF, the only advertising twi does is for it's own followers... it's still advertising.

can't really see where the way rag could be considered advertisement when it is sold to only innies.

Contents consist of teachings and lessons for innies to read over and over a million times.

A couple times an announcement concerning a class or the acs would appear to be a reminder for the innies to get their money in for registration...

Oh well, the web site advertisement just proves that they believe they are above everyone else and the pictures sort of remind me of morks from ork!

We've been out since 2000, so no current info, but I do recall asking back in the 90's why we didn't put out flyers, or advertise in some way to stir up local interest in classes, and I was told emphatically that twi does not advertise, it is all done by word of mouth. Advertising would make it too difficult to control who was allowed to attend functions...gotta keep those debbil spurts out doncha know anim-smile.gif

Gosh 2fortheroad, I do recall the same remark being made in our area also. Thanks for the reminder.

During outreach, just a piece of paper with our telephone number was to be given to the possibly interested. Do not give out the FC's phone number...just keep them informed of what we were planning with the new prospect.

Sorry FC, I wasn't as stupid as you thought cause I don't give my phone number to strangers.

Moma taught me that when I was a small girl.