GreaseSpot Cafe

What was the largest mistake we Way believers made in your view?

year2027

God first

Hi All Grease Spot Cape readers with the love of God

What was the largest mistake we Way believers made in your view?

Some will say this or that but what came first in mind to me was calling our self followers of the Way Ministry or letting the world call us Waylites or Wierwillelites just like Isreal people were called Isrealites

If we were followers of Jesus the Christ we should of called our self followers of Christ because it was the God of Abraham while he was alive but after he died it was called the God of Isreal and so on until it became the God of Jesus the Christ

Now for me this was the Way Ministry down fall when they forget they were followers of Jesus the Christ

Yes Jesus the Christ was taught but what were we selling it was the Way classes we sold

We put adds for the Way on our cars Why if we were not selling the Way

Now we are not the only church that has and will made this mistake

We should we have said “We are followers of Jesus Christ that fellowship together in the Way Ministry?

What should our adds said “ find Jesus the Christ and follower him if need help call the Way Ministry”

But our leaders were not moving Jesus the Christ but building riches on earth .

What happens will they been on losing one college at a time from last time I heard

Just some things I have been thinking about

with love Roy

PS glad I no longer a followers of the Way Ministry

I think the mistake that caused the most hurt was the thought we knew the truth and we were special and "set-apart" from you know those other unbelieving believers!

it was a self righteous atitude of holier than tho which included anyone that is not in the way and making the current leader du joir happy.

it was thinking we are more and improved and mightier than the rest of the world.

it was an attitude of being equl with Jesus christ himself but maybe even better because we could speak in toungues whatever it got ill and Im glad it is over

quote:
I think the mistake that caused the most hurt was the thought we knew the truth and we were special and "set-apart" from you know those other unbelieving believers!

MJ -- Yup. I agree. I've learned an aweful lot from those "unbelieving believers" in the past 20 years, once I was out of twi.

Biggest mistake?

Turning off the thought process.

How many times did we see obvious, glaring, boneheaded errors in TWI doctrine, and, instead of taking somebody to task for it, simply "held it in obeyance" for a later time (that never came).

Just a few of the major flaws in Wierwillian dogma that I caught early on in my tenure (but ignored):

"The church epistles are ALWAYS in the same order in every known text" (they are not)

"The council of Nicea was in France" ( wrong -Duh!)

"The entire Bible fits like a hand in a glove!"

(yeah, uh-huh)

"The greatest of God's works is His Word!" (yeah, yeah, sure, sure)

But we DIDN'T call anybody to task for such crap. We shut off our critical thinking and just accepted.

The rest is history (you'd think more of us would have learned something from it)

George Aar

quote:
"The entire Bible fits like a hand in a glove!"

(yeah, uh-huh)

Yahahahhahhahahhh. Yeah his hand in a glove, one those latex ones... drop your pants and...

well ya know what I mean.

"It's either The Word of God from Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:21 or NOT!!!" VP Wickedville

Something like that. I took that one hook, line, and sinker because it left no margin for error.

It was for me, "The Word, The Word, And nothing but what I say the Word is to you." Or something like that too!

Jeesh mabe I should break out the "Life Lines".

"All aboard The Mystery Train" ... or did the Beatles write that? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Hey year2027, Dig your thread.

Song

icon_cool.gif

I agree with George.

In the early years of my involvement, we were frequently "invited" to search for ourselves and see if what they were teaching was correct.

I speak for myself but I don't think I'm alone - in the beginning I did re-read and think about what was taught. Maybe I was just being trained....but at some point I quit being diligent in that detail.

The results of that were that I gradually became lazy in this...and that allowed them to sneak stuff over on me, being so convinced that "they" were right.

All of the above, the overreverencing and near worship of leadership fed into alot of the loss of critical thinking and the attitude of superiority.

I think also it was a huge mistake to separate itself from other Christian groups ( and of course the greater world at large) and become an isolated and insular group.

I'm not going to speak to the spiritual or Biblical issues because I don't consider myself to be much of a spiritual or Biblical person.

On the other hand, my experience in building my own business and being involved in local politics does give me an insight into the matters of money and control of power.

We should have *never* poured our money and time into an organization that gave us *no* control over it's future. Our money went toward Loy's "homo purge". Our money supports Donna in the Corps chalet. Our money cleans Rosie's pool.

What should have been done differently? More money staying at the local level, like Dopp and Hefner wanted. Believers on the BOT placed there by popular vote of contributers. Public documents on the spending habits of BOT and upper staff. Caps on the amount of cash reserves that the ministry could accumulate.

No more non-profit Enron's or Tyco's