GreaseSpot Cafe

How did CES come up with its logo for its "Alpha & Omega" youth newsletter?

Cynic

How did CES come up with the logo for its "Alpha & Omega" youth newsletter?

Check out the Alpha & Omega logo on CES' page:

http://www.christianeducational.org/

(It is on the left, less than halfway down the page.)

And at the top of the page the image links to:

http://christianeducational.org/monthlylet..._2002_10-12.pdf

Compare that logo to the logo at:

http://www.aomin.org

Here's an archived aomin.org page having a previous version of the logo:

http://web.archive.org/web/19980429004807/.../www.aomin.org/

CES principals and operatives:

Check your e-mail, fellows. You should by now have a message waiting for you from Alpha & Omega Ministries director James White.

[Edited to correct a grammatical omission.]

Edited by Cynic

So that's what John Lynn meant when he said VPW would be "proud" of their work. CES ripped off AO Ministries' logo. Hey, true plagiarism, like the old master grifter's, is a tough act to follow, but they're getting a really good start.

Well done, CES! Almost got away with it. You have to crawl before you can walk, boys.

I must say that I find this whole post to be outrageous and really dreadging for dirt in an unholy way.

Trying to discredit a newsletter that the youth of CES or any other organization put together just because you have nothing more profitable to do is repugnant to say the least.

Was there nothing of the content contraversial so the logo becomes the focus of attention?Excuse me while i grab my vomit bag.

Oh come on. Someone somewhere made a mistake and got busted. Cynic caught it. Sounds like (and I could be wrong) someone who didn't know better screwed up and didn't realize that no, it's not okay.

So CES will find some clip art and use it instead.

Anyone actually going to lose sleep over it? I mean, it's not like the kid who blundered had a doctorate but didn't know the basics of crediting sources.

CES had no right to be using the Alpha & Omega Ministries logo, and I wasn't in the mood to sit by and say nothing about it after I recognized AOM's logo on CES' website.

(Even the color variations on the logo were the same.)

As for the content of CES' youth newsletter, Dartanian3m, I find Ryan Maher's piece "Trinitarian or Unitarian, Does it really matter?" more contemptible than the logo affair. Maher's piece is a superficial tirade against the doctrine of the Trinity -- dressed up as an explanation of why more Jews and Muslims have not converted to Christ. It comes from someone involving himself in gratuitous speculation rather than in biblically informed commentary concerning those who reject the gospel and the person of Christ.

When I started this thread, I had focused on AOM's logo at CES' site and Ryan Maher's piece in the newsletter to which the logo was linked. I was pretty much loaded to pursue, flush out, lay out and spend time humiliating some unrestrained and conscienceless Socinian bear who had entered a Trinitarian camp and began carrying off from the identity of an apologetic ministry.

After I took note of the photos that appear on the first edition of CES' youth newsletter, however, the perpetrator morphed from a vicious predator to a ....ing-on-everything cub. I do not desire to continue this in such a way as to cause distress to that type of critter. I think, however, that CES should publicly acknowledge Alpha and Omega Minstries' rights to, and disclaim CES' now apparently discontinued use of, the subject logo.

Concerning Danny's question about the origin of the AOM logo, here's part of a log of an IRC conversation:

(Cynic) DrOakley: Is that logo something you guys came up with, rather than some historical piece of art?

(DrOakley) Original artwork.

(Cynic) icon_smile.gif:)-->

(DrOakley) Don Falconer made it.

Edited by Cynic

Cynic said, "I was pretty much loaded to pursue, flush out, lay out and spend time humiliating some unrestrained and conscienceless Socinian bear who had entered a Trinitarian camp and began carrying off from the identity of an apologetic ministry."

I guess you showed them. Surely you were born in the wrong era, Cynic. You would have been handy to have around during The Inquisition...or perhaps smoking out witches would have been more to your taste.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you: Is that a hickey on your neck?

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

Compared to how some benign topics have been treated here, I would say that Cynic was rather polite. He simply showed the two side-by-side.

Yeah, JustThinking: Just a showing of the facts.

Although there very possibly would have ultimately been some taunting and sarcastic statements to top off my part in this affair, I began with essentially an informative approach.

(I'm really not very brutal. Ive used the rack on fewer than a dozen heretical opponents.)