GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex-Way vs. TWI which websites are busier?

pjroberge

Surprisingly enough, despite an estimated 3-4000 drones at TWI, 2 ex-way websites alone have over 10 times the # of page views as TWI's website:

Ex-Cultworld 5,409,641

GS Cafe 2,827,286

Theway.org 816,043

(Page Views- 3 Month Average)

Source: Alexa by Google http://www.alexa.com/

It goes to show you that despite larger numbers of "members" in TWI, their members still do not do much Internet for their dose of present spewth, or present TWI members really prefer ex-way websites over TWI's icon_cool.gif......

Edited by pjroberge

Could also have something to do with twi's site lacking

CONTENT,

whereas the ex-twi sites have documents and active forums and

up-to-the-minute information on things twi keeps trying to

sit on and conceal.

Plus, twi (I suspect) still pushes the "internet is evil"

stuff, whereas possible prospects the current twi'ers approach

go online and look up twi, find the other sites, and

my, my! What interesting information they find!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Pat, thank you.

But I still believe you are misinterpreting what you've read.

The traffic rank for www.greasespotcafe.com is 2,730,191 (3 mos avg). The reach per million users is .05.

Source: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...asespotcafe.com

The traffic rank for www.theway.org is 843,550 (3 mos avg). The reach per million is .45.

Source: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...=www.theway.org

The traffic rank for www.excultworld.com is 5,415,972 (3 mos avg). The reach per million is "--" (unmeasurable).

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...xcultworld.com/

So, yes, we are talking rank, not the number of hits. I am sure that Pawtucket could verify that there are not 2,730,191 (or 2,827,286) visits here in 3 months.

According to Alexa,

quote:
What is Traffic Rank?

The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users). The three-month change is determined by comparing the site's current rank with its rank from three months ago. For example, on July 1, the three-month change would show the difference between the rank based on traffic during the first quarter of the year and the rank based on traffic during the second quarter.

So, the ranks and numbers are based upon people that have the Alexa toolbar installed on their web browser. (This means that the Alexa toolbar is a piece of spyware, as it reports your web usage to a third party database for compilation)

I would wager that there are probably about 100 users a day who access IP address: 63.251.4.135 gscafe.com (the infopop forums). And, unless these people navigate to the forums through the web site, there are probably far fewer who access the IP address: 207.217.96.34 www.greasespotcafe.com (the website). Maybe a few more, maybe a few less. Now, out of those users, how many have the Alexa toolbar installed on their web browser? (Hopefully most of us are smarter than to intentionally install a piece of spyware). Now, how many people access www.theway.org? I have no idea (nor do I really care). But I would wager that probably a higher percentage of them have the Alexa toolbar installed on their web browser than GSers. (Something about mind-numbed robots vice people who have started again to think for themselves)

Oh, and Pat, it doesn't matter to me that much. When I saw your initial post that implied that any one of those sites had over 2,000,000 visitors in the period of three months, then I had to investigate.

Take it easy.

All,

TWI has changed it's view of the net, at least when it comes to it's own web site. (Gee, bend the rules for themselves? That never happens)

Before I left, wayfers were actively pushed to visit the site on a monthly basis. It was effectively added to the "must do" list. Buy our magazine and tapes, give more than 10% and now go to the web site once per month minimum. Someone told me they are now using it as mandatory teaching material just like the wayrag but that is second hand info and could be wrong. Any innies want to confirm or refute that rumor?

quote:
Originally posted by Zshot:

Hmmmmm,

if they are useing "spyware" to track numbers...

I think that there are a few of us here who have anti-spyware software loaded on there computers (I have PC Tool anti-spyware loaded).

In Alexa's methodology statement, above, they say that they get their numbers based upon traffic data from Alexa toolbar users. That is about as close a definition of spyware as I can find.

Interesting numbers, Pat. And interesting information, Mark. I've deinstalled and removed Alexa before. I don't want to rain on your thread either Pat, but I don't use Alexa or anything like it that I can identify and get rid of.

Here's a few links out there about Alexa from a Google search, if anyone wants to check them out. There's more. Some say it is spyware, some say it ain't. Most agree with Mark. If it quacks like duck, etc.

http://www.felgall.com/brsie9.htm

http://www.itellu.com/spyware_alexa.htm

http://simplythebest.net/info/spyware/alexa_spyware.html

http://www.imilly.com/alexa.htm

Personally I don't like the use of these kinds of things, the last thing I want on my browser is another toolbar. I despise intrusive pop ups that say "Tired of Pop Ups?". I'd like 5 minutes alone with the marketers that use these so that I could show them the light. icon_mad.gif So I've got a pop up blocker, sure.

I've gotten Alexa a few times with something else I've installed or downloaded and it comes off immediately using deinstll/programs and I run my spyware software. It's like buying something and finding 20 fliers in the box for other offers. I usually check them out then toss them if I can't use them. Unfortunately some of these come along with things you download as part of the deal. So I just take them off immediately.

As a toolbar "assistant" Alexa is probably legit. I just don't need any assistance along those lines. So I'm not getting counted, but it's really intersting to me that so many people that use Way related sites have it. Guess some people benefit from it and like it.

Well the numbers can be low or high determining which side of the podium you are on. Since we know if leader side well it is God keeping the trash from even logging onto their web site. And from the ones below it was our lack of believing big enough not to have made the numbers grow...vision, mind you...we needed bigger vision.

Some at hq would want the folks to come seek their new T-Shirt. 'The Word For All S*asons' with 4 trees. They would probably not want us to seek their huge graduating class of WC for 2004...it was 5. (in new mag, I don't do their site much)

quote:
You omitted the gscafe.com numbers
I didn't know that the two domain names were different stats. They both pulled up the same page. Obviously your forums rocks as far as web activity. I was trying to compare the regular sites that have editorial content. Obviously TWI's site lacks appeal icon_wink.gif;)-->

My whole point of this thread was that despite 3-4000 supposidly "loyal" drones at TWI, that only 2 ex-way sites had more activity than TWI's website by 10:1 , and perhaps TWI members might be spending more time on ex-way sites than TWI's official site. icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by JustThinking:

Five?! It was five whole people? (Whole as in total not necessarily as a person) That speaks volumes! Did they use a camera for the picture or did someone just use their cell phone camera? ;-)

Well if it weren't for the 5 leaders standing in front of them a cell phone camera would do the 5 new grads just fine. icon_smile.gif:)-->

The fox said "they are a very promising group". And guitar man Harvey taught them "servant-style leadership".

Run Forest run...run Forest run... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Um...please return to numbers, thank you for the interruption.

JustThinking, it has to be an indication of something to only have five new wc ministers. All adults including two males and three females that I'm guessing are under the age of thirty.

I haven't read any articles yet. The titles alone are just so....

The Like-mi*ded Life-Style

All Things Work To*ether for Good

God's Love-The Energizer of Our B*lieving

And Ye Shall be Wi*nesses: A Brief History

The Fo*ndation of Parenting: God's Word

A Poem on The Wis*om of the Oak (one nice thing)

Teaching Hi*hlights for June and July

A*vanced Class 2004 article (nearly 250 students)

A new release besides the T-shirts of an audiocassette of s*ngs, poems and scripture

H*art letters

WC advertisement

Okay Pat I'm leaving now, sorry for the derail.

House, I do understand why you put an asterisk in place of a letter in the titles - so that there was no copyright violation.

I am very grateful that you didn't completely (and unnecessarily) obliterate the titles like so:

T** l********* l*********

like so many posters will do, except with names.

Like what you did, it's only necessary to change ONE letter so that the name or title will not show up in a search engine.