GreaseSpot Cafe

62nd Anniversary Music Videos

Pirate1974

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longone-

"The truly hardcore headcount therefore is probably less than two thousand total"

I do not doubt your accuracy and points. I tend to agree.

I can't watch those video clips and really don't want to because its the same old thing. Socks those observations you made are insightful and very telling.

Funny, I saw D. Lutz and family singing down the road at CFF couple years ago. That was a surprise. But honestly they (CFF) had nore talent, volunteer musicians and singers who performed at their reunion than I have seen at TWI in a long while. Claudette would have a more receptive audience there for sure.

Socks wrote:

"Now that I've watched these videos over a period of time, I've nailed down something I couldn't quite articulate upon first viewing. It's what seems to be the primary message of the performances - absence of individuality and identity. Anyone else notice this?"

On a similar note, the TCs were told in the early 90s that there would be no more tapes (now CDs) by individuals. Groups only. They were tired of people wanting to hear old TWI music like Lisa Lockridge Tracy. (Was that it?) Plus if that person left, their music wasn't usable anymore. A group could replace people and it wouldn't be noticed on an audio tape. Sad? You betcha! It shows how paranoid they could be.

The solution to their dilemna?

Roll in Swinging Ladies Of The Way...

Ex10, he was working! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

JT, that's really interesting. It's so weird. Why in the world would individual performances be eliminated? The individual isn't able to do anything without the household. anim-smile.gif It's the Buddy-System from He[[.

So, were there any musical performances released by the Way in the last 10 years or so? Any awl-bums? CD's?

Well, JT, those videos exemplify that. It's a view in to Way World. I highly recommend that they visit some clothing shops in Dayton and invest in some spongy, polyester suits for the men though. Something in burgundy or gray, and get some puffy shirts to go with them. That'll get 'em sweatin'. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Not to beat a dead gecko, but the lyrics - who's writing this stuff?

"We go to the bible and we

Read from the pages all the

Words that are there and then

We know what we read is what

We read when we read and because

We read it and now we said it

And that settles that we read it

Since it said what we read and then we...."

I dunno. I shouldn't make fun. But I do. Spank my buttt and call me Judy. I'm fun'd out. Can't go back to that site again, brain cells need recharging. I'll stop.

But the tweezey synth strings...Naw, won't go there.

But I wonder, how come it's all ladies in the main group? The guitar player's there, and there's a couple guys, but the lineup is all female. What's up widdat? Why Singing Ladies? Why not the Bellowing Boys, or the Screaming Mixed Singles or the Gaily Galluping Guys? I have so many questions....

socks, going to borrow your verse. Hope you don't mind.

JT's translation of the song:

"We go to the bookstore and we

Read from the pages all the

quotes that are there and then

We know what we read is what

We read when we read and because

We read it and now the BOD said it

And that settles that we read it

Since it said what we read and then we...."

Ugh! Those words were terrible! Who's second grade kid wrote them?!

It is almost a sick joke to call them lyrics. They are hardly lyrical.

Actually, they're dumb enough that almost any wayferism fits.

"We go to the bible and we

BELIEVE from the pages all the

Words that are there and then

We know what we BELIEVE is what

We BELIEVE when we BELIEVE and because

We BELIEVE it and now we said it

And that settles that we BELIEVE it

Since it said what we BELIEVE and then we...."

Confess works too because the verse really says nothing at all. Songs by Jabberwocky, Inc.

You know ...I found the music in twi was really enjoyable and at times truly inspiring, when I was in...so many talented artists, didn`t matter the style to me......

It would seem like anything good that was there...was eventually tinkered with and spoiled or just plain dismantled...(and not just in the music catagory) I don`t understand why....but just LOOK where all of their attempts at perfection and schemes has gotten em....blech!

I just watched the videos.

Oh my God.

The feeling I got after listening to the songs, and I could only stomach a verse and a chorus at most, was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. The absolute deadness of the lyrics, motions, facial expressions, etc. was stunning. Was that Br**n Bl*ss in the second song? I really hope not, he wrote one of my favorite songs from the Way, "Eagle Inside". To have an entire song pompously and self-righteously debase anyone who isn't in The Way is horrific (not to mention very poor songwriting skills).

I haven't been to a Way function since 1988, and even though I have not doubted anything anyone has said here about TWI, it just didn't sink in until I saw their own example on those videos.

I will never stop thanking God for getting me out of that awful organization.

ok, I watched "Valient for the Truth" to see if the people were smiling or not at the end. It went by so fast I couldn't tell and it was kind of dark.

But, what I noticed about that song was the total self-righteousness and feeling of superiority over the "unbelievers" that it expressed.

"We are not of the number that refuse to know God." WE are so much better than THEM. And then later "WE are of the number that REJOICE to know God." We are just so spiritual and special and separate from those ignorant inferior other people, thus implying "You'd better not leave or you'll end up being one of THEM. (that number that refuse to know God)

How dare they presume to be able to judge who "refuses to know God?"

I could not believe it when I actually listened to the whole thing all the way through.

People actually sat there and listened to that?