GreaseSpot Cafe

Dr. E.E. Higgins

skyrider

skyrider:

"Who was accountable for twi policies, procedures, corps training, etc.....?"

I was accountable, and still am for what goes on within my fellowship.

"Why were corps allowed to be "corspe-nazis? and remain corps?"

Well they certainly did try to do such around me. I have no control over who goes into the Corpse, nor do I have anything to do with who stays corpse.

"Maybe....just maybe, these dots need to be connected back to their source??"

Yes most certainly, the person, the individual who adopts such arogancy.

"Maybe....at the first sight of evil (corps-nazism, included) we all should have fled!"

Many fewer of G-d's people would have been hurt.

"Why did vpw leave his church background if "believers can stand together on the bible?"

He did not like the inner-policys of the Luthern denomination, to my understanding. Mostly they were centered around their policys handling missionarys overseas.

I am not sure what that has to do with the topic?

"Why did Dr. Higgins NOT continue following vpw's ministry?"

I do not know if I have ever met such a person. Have you? Do you know such a person's story? The last that I heard of this person was from the early 1950's. Maybe they soon passed away, or moved somewhere, or got envolved a in wonderful church. Who cares?

"Why did Peter J. Wadx, who helped assist in pfal '68, leave and go to Australia?"

Again I never heard of this person, I am not sure why I am responible for knowing who this guy is. Why did he go anywhere? Why do I care?

"Sometimes, it seems....."standing together on the bible" implies doing nothing! Not advancing forward....not working together, not moving in unison. Some like to stay uncommitted and yet, claim they are committed and standing."

Okay, and your point is?

:-)

quote:
Why did Peter J. Wadx, who helped assist in pfal '68, leave and go to Australia?"

Again I never heard of this person, I am not sure why I am responible for knowing who this guy is. Why did he go anywhere? Why do I care?

Galen, Wade was keynoted in pfal and vpw held up Peter's booklet and encouraged all new students to order it from the bookstore. He was vp's right-hand man.

skyrider:

"Wade was keynoted in pfal and vpw held up Peter's booklet and encouraged all new students to order it from the bookstore. He was vp's right-hand man."

Okay, next time I run PFAL I will watch for references to him, thank you. The name really does not ring any bells for me or for Bonnie.

:-)

Galen,

Do you have access to running the 1968 pfal version of twi's foundational class? LCM's wap class has replaced pfal in most cases.

One of the reasons Peter J. Wadx's name and impact on pfal is so vivid to me is.....in 1974 after taking pfal, many of us requested the booklet. Vpw complimented Peter's work two or three times as he held up the booklet for students to purchase through the bookstore. Upon requesting it, our class instructor told us it was NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

This did raise a red flag, or two. But hey.....who was I to argue the discrepancy. I had plenty of material to study.

And another thing.....it was discrepancies like THIS that gave momentum to videotaping an updated version at PFAL '77. The plan fell thru with updates when too many mistakes and less-than-best performance by vpw materialized in the '77 class.

I think the same happened for the 1975 advanced class. The Advanced Class '79 wasn't good enough to replace the '75 AC.

I thought vee pee left his church because he got caught "ministering" to a woman in the church, much the way he abused wome in TWI.

Regardless, Galen, if he left for the reasons you say he left, then didn't he do the same thing he condemned people for leaving TWI for?

skyrider:

"Do you have access to running the 1968 pfal version of twi's foundational class? LCM's wap class has replaced pfal in most cases."

Our PFAL class is the 1976 edition, I think.

I really have no idea of what was on the 1968 edition, and LCM's WAP class would have been from after our envolvement with The Way International.

" ... many of us requested the booklet ... "

When I took the class in 1979, I got: Power for Abudantly Living, The Bible tells me so, The new dynamic church, The Word's Way, and God's Magnified Word. As well as one year subscription for their magazine.

"And another thing.....it was discrepancies like THIS that gave momentum to videotaping an updated version at PFAL '77. The plan fell thru with updates when too many mistakes and less-than-best performance by vpw materialized in the '77 class."

Bonnie [my wife] attended PFAL'77, she liked it.

quote:
Our PFAL class is the 1976 edition, I think.

Galen, hopefully others will come to our rescue on this issue.....because, for the life of me, I don't recall a 1976 pfal edition.

From what I remember:

1968.....pfal fnd class

1975.....adv class

1977.....PFAL '77 (duh?)

1979.....AC '79 (another no-brainer)

Of course, the advanced study classes were videotaped too....RM, Keys to Research, CFS, etc.

Galen, your video may say something on the order of "copyright 1976" or some such other, I am not sure...but all the tape and film and video were the one filmed in late '67 and released in '68. Brilcream and skinny black ties, etc. A few things were removed; the section on "born-again of the wrong seed" (freaking out students in the prison outreach who thought they had commited said "unforgiveable sin") and a further exposition of scripture build-up with the handling of "The Day Jesus Christ Died". other than that, class remained the same til it was pulled for lcm's "effort". PFAL 77 was to be an update; it was videoed and all but vp thought the 67 class was superior and the footage of 77 was promptly never seen again...even though it was discussed as "grad material". Never happened, AFAIK....

• 2 years later...
Granted, years later.....the 1967 pfal class was revised.<BR><BR>BUT THEN.....lots of Bullinger's work show up here!!<BR><BR>To me, the more I unravel all the chest-thumping, high-struttin, pride-boasting claims of "wierwille's walk with God" in pfal....the more I categorize them in what was typically known in the 1800's as folklore, or yarns.<BR><BR>With each passing year and unwritten accounts, these yarns grew exponentially. Paul Bunyan and his ox......remember them?<BR><BR>But Mrs. Wierwille's book puts to rest those types of claims that go unchallenged....and the myths that spread.<BR><BR> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• 2 weeks later...