GreaseSpot Cafe

Just so you know

outandabout

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
There has NEVER been a scenario in twi that didn`t have *strings attatched* Oldies.....that isn`t about to change now.

The minute one cuts ties with twi......twi declares that person "possessed."

I've sat in ENOUGH corps meetings to know what twi leadership says.....when someone exits!!!!!

I knew folks years ago who came and went and came and went to twig as they pleased, with no strings attached. No compulsion. Folks were freely availing themselves cause twig was so good. I personally witnessed it. My own mother went to twig for a solid year, even before taking PFAL. No pressure to take PFAL. No strings, just great fellowship and blessings at twig with likeminded folks who justed want to love God.

I still remember the good 'ol days. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Gawddam, Oldies. I'm incredulous.

Faaaawk no! I wouldn't go to a farking "fellowshiip". What the hell for?

I made an incredibly naive and immature decision to allow a bogus outfit to micromanage my life for 15+ years. I finally snapped out of it. Now I should think, "Well, why not go back and try it again?"

Duh, I think not...

quote:
I knew folks years ago who came and went and came and went to twig as they pleased, with no strings attached. No compulsion. Folks were freely availing themselves cause twig was so good. I personally witnessed it. My own mother went to twig for a solid year, even before taking PFAL. No pressure to take PFAL. No strings, just great fellowship and blessings at twig with likeminded folks who just want to love God.

Man, Oldies..........you're living in a time capsule of sorts.

Now, lots depended on region/limb/area/branch/twig leadership..........but geeze, you might have found the ONE SPOT on earth where twi sat around and held hands. And, by 1985 or so.....all was racheted up quite a few notches.

By the 1990s.......string were not only attached, but WELDED with iron tie-rods!!

quote:
But if simply invited to go to a Sunday morning fellowship, no strings attached, would you go?

Nope. Would be like a dog returning to its vomit.

Go, though, Oldies. I think you really need to. You need to see for yourself what it's like. If you like it stay, drink the kool-aid and live happily ever after. I'm serious. I think you and Mike would be much happier in TWI than you are out of it.

If a local fellowship invited me, I'd go. No strings, just fellowship, unity of the spirit in the bond of peace. Don't know if that's the way it is now, as it was in the past, but I have nothing to lose in trying to find out. What is there to be afraid of? With the added years of knowledge and wisdom, it might even be a decent experience.

Might even run into some folks who are not demons. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
If a local fellowship invited me, I'd go......

IF...???????

If a local fellowship........invited you?????

C'mon oldies.......if YOU want to go, then GO.

Maybe.....God is telling YOU to go.

And.......if God is telling YOU to go....then, why are you pushing the "what's there to be afraid of" message?????

The whole context of this thread, as I see it, is twi is now kinder and gentler not as bad as in recent years, and some folks want to invite some of us back. I don't have a problem with that, so if someone invited me, I'd go and check it out. No compulsion. No anxiety. No commitment. Just relax and enjoy. What harm is that? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Maybe a poll may be in order... how many have been issued their invitation on a silver platter to come back, to anything? I mean anything. Even a lunch appointment with some from the holiest better than it was now ole group, or the offers given just to the two most likely candidates to accept their fine offer?

Unwillingness to accept an offer does not preclude the offer, or an apology, for that matter.

I have heard nothing here. Zip. Lets see.. its been say, about ten years. Not holding my breath.