GreaseSpot Cafe

How to get thrown out of "twig"

Ham

Uncle Hairy, the real key to it would be to give it the "country club" persona. Anybody who is anybody just HAS to "belong". For "a mere pittance" they could be part of a present truth corporation. We could hire an army of Jeeve's who could snub them at every turn. Any complaint, and the non-share holders are OUTA here.

Dunno.. I think it may work. Has before!

So way corpse grads would be highly trained highly committed standing non-members,

corpse alumni would be still pretty darned committed but not totally, standing non-members

WD would be oh you're getting pretty close to being there committed standing non-members

twigleaders would be not quite scum of the earth standing non-members

twig leaves would be scum of the earth standing non members

and of course everyone else in the entire world would be lumped into the slime-of-the-slime, cream-of-the-crAp category, non-standing non-members.

Steve, great post- yet I think us ex-twi are lower than never-twi slime-of-the-slime, cream-of-the-crAp category, non-standing non-members.

HCW the only "jesus" spoken of (after you renigades who didn't choose loy boy were shown the door that hit you on the butt on the way out) was the devil spirit you hooked up with if you tried to talk to Him.

(although there was that nice man we sang about- jesus jesus jesus sweetest name I know- however we never spoke of him without a "christ" on the end)

Interesting.. and Hopeful, those who referred to him as "Jesus" were carefully watched. Sick organization. After a couple of meetings, say "Jesus" and you're really out of place. Not a Christian organization is an understatement.

quote:
Originally posted by Hopefull:

yeah and the song what a friend we have in Jesus- what was that all about?

That was the first thing I thought. I thought the Song Book was going to change at that moment. Poof we would open our song books and there would just be a blank page where that song was. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I got one for you....I got kicked out AGAIN (how dense am I) for confronting my (then) wife after she went to leadership behind my back about me not being "spiritual" enough. Then they told her that if she stayed w/ me that the Adversary (or he that should not be named) would kill her.... FUN STUFF HUH KIDS?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to "twig".. oh well. Hockeynutt, I think a lot of that nonsense was easier to throw than to admit what they taught really did not work. A lot of "twig" behavior really turned out to be acting to be what one was not, nor could ever be.

Somehow, we were supposed to be some kind of Super Mario, constantly jumping around doing "all nine all the time". Somehow, life just does not work that way.

Not living up to their expectations was a prime reason for lots of folks to get thrown out.

"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest name I know...."

Sadly, I remember that rant by lcm and my ex and I were actually HOPING they would take all the Jesus songs out of the song book. icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_confused.gif:confused:--> Can you say "kool-aid drinkers"? We almost hated Jesus after lcm got through with all his rants and rages about Jesus - not Jesus Christ - idolatry and all that. I think my ex just might.

Interesting.. some people did write some songs though. Don't know how "good" I would call them, but they did end up in the song book. And da vey did copyright them. I think those were about the only songs in the book that showed anykind of copyright notice or permission to publish.