GreaseSpot Cafe

How to get thrown out of "twig"

Ham

"He/she refuses to quit his job and find more suitable employment so as to be available at all times for da household.." This may sound ridiculous, but not far off from some of the explanations I have heard why somebody was not welcome anymore. "

Not at all ridiculous. My ex had a job he absolutely loved, but he had to work second shift and could only attend fellowship once a week. He was strongly encouraged to get a day job so he could be more available. He did, and it caused a lot of problems.

1. It was in a different field and he has not been able to get back into the field he loved so much since.

2. I think it contributed to the downfall of our marriage because we had to spend more time together. We got along pretty well when we only saw each other on weekends and for a couple hours here and there during the week.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

What do you guys think of RCM’s classes I took it like 5 or 6 times trying to learn something but the more I took it the more stupid I realized it was.

I’ve come to the conclusion that calling it a class is false advertising.

I was asked once after a secession of the WABP class by the class coordinator what I learned I made the mistake of telling him the truth which was nothing. It was kind of funny because most everyone there agreed with me.

I was latter accused of trying to negatively affect the believers because I was talking to a “fellow believer” and I asked her if she had learned anything.

It was weird because she freaked out and started talking about devil spirits that had possessed different members in her family tree at different times.

Latter after she ran screaming to the local MOG he called me and cursed me out. He asked me why I asked her what she learned in the class I made the mistake again of telling him the truth which was because I wanted to know.

I then further inflamed his wrath by saying he asked first and asking for his reason.

Everything got really freaky after that.

Religion is such a horrible evil. I can’t wait for the day when Christ returns and gets rid of all these religions especially the Christian ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Linda Z:

Ask if you can have some money from the horn of plenty because "I'm a little short this week."

I would have asked, "Will this money make you taller?" (yeah, I'm a real smart@$$ icon_biggrin.gif:D--> )

quote:
Volunteer to lead a song, and make it one by the Rolling Stones.

Hee-hee, right before a teaching on believing and receiving, we could have sung "You can't always get what you want..."

After the meeting, talk about ANYTHING except for how "blessed" da verd as presented by the convening Mog/Moggette has made you. Talk about sports, the weather- you will stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Double that for class break times. Talk about ANYTHING that does not support or is not directly related to the evening session, and you're gone.

Man, reading this is weird. Back in '76 I played that Grateful Dead song "Ripple" at a sunday branch meeting as part of the overall service. The BC wasn't corps, but there were corps there. Nobody thought anything of it. The lyrics sound kinda philosophical but don't really put their finger on anything.

OK fast forward to a 1992 5 state meeting with Larry P who said that there were more mature beievers now (1992) than there were in the 70's. So I guess all these top leaders were just biting their tongues for 20 yrs waiting until it was safe to kick us "dead wood" believers out of "God's ministry".

I have posted this before- however tomorrow will be 7 years to the day that I was kicked out.

My then fianc?as called on the phone right before Tues fellowship and told not come- he was no longer welcome at fellowship. The reason he was given for being kicked out was that he was "illusive" about his past and because he missed a meeting.

I called my fellowship coordinator (who were paid WC) and was given an ultimatum- either ostracize him for 6 months and then perhaps reconcile (if it's of gawd doncha know- and maybe marry after taking the advanced class together) or continue to see him and suffer the same fate.

I needed a good swift kick towards the exit door. It hurt like hell but within weeks I was ever so glad.

Edited by Hopefull

I just love these ideas!

Could I ask them if they are making up their interpretation or prophecy? How do they know?

Can I comment if they all seem to use the same rhetoric, like the word "prevailing," a lot?

Can I ask them why they consider the words of the Gospels to be part of the Old Testament, even though those 4 books were written for the learning of the early Christian church? What were they supposed to learn?

Can I ask them about where Craig went? And why is Donna still at HQ when so many spouses of errant Corps (myself included) were kicked out?

Can I ask to make a reservation at the Corps Chalet?

Hey, this could be fun....

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Shaz