GreaseSpot Cafe

How to get thrown out of "twig"

Ham

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Hammeroni:

When asked to regurgitate, or rather, "share" the latest vey rag article, be sure to omit the words prevailing, household, abundance, obedience and giving from your little presentation. That oughta do it..

But Ham, that would leave only 6 words in your "teaching".

I think about going back to felowship for a while just so that some day they would again call on me to SIT and interp.

"Meckalecka-hi Mecka-hiny-ho, Meckalecka-hi mecka jambi-ho, Meckalecka whola-mecca holla-manna-hey"

ANyone who gets that reference....we got issues lol icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

they I would interperet saying something about how "I'm God and I love you...even if you're gay. Turn not to the right nor to the left, but head straight for the door, and never come to twi meeting again. Live and be free."

I'm sure that would get me thrown out that minute. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
It's not like they kept track of whether you were there or not. I mean, how could they?

Tzaia, but they DID keep track of whether you were there or not! I had to fill out a form at each fellowship telling how many people were there, who was missing, why they were missing, if they called to say they wouldn't be there and how many new people were there, who brought them and what the order of the service was: songs, prayers (who prayed), the teaching topic (who taught) and other stuff I can't remember.

I know what they did. That was meant to be satiric humor. Anytime someone tried(s) to get an idea of what the actual numbers were (are), there is the excuse of "we have no membership" when, in fact they know more about and intrude more into their non-member's personal lives than any church I've ever been to.

• Upvote 1

This is crackin' me UP!

At first I though I'd just have to read what you guys said cause I neveer got kicked outta twig.

BUT I got one. I GOT one!

Wanna hear it? Here it goes...

Tell 'em you didn't go to Corps night because it was a tape of a teaching you were in the audience for... you stayed home to study your notes from what you heard live rather than write new ones.

Was that funny.......? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

HCW, if getting kicked off staff and corpse isn't close enough, I don't know what isn't. "kicked some WOW's out of my house once" heh heh. Friggin deadbeats..

From most of the posts, I think the number one reason for getting the boot was petty B.S. The overseers already had their mind made up you were evil, and looked under every rock and cranny to find SOMETHING. No matter how small or insignificant.

A close second- thinking is not allowed. Start to think, or ask questions that may be uncomfortable, and it is just a matter of time before you are gone.

Reading or talking about them on the internet seems to be a favorite reason of theirs. And yes, you are "possessed", but only in the eyes of those wayfers that are left behind in that sad, pathetic little cult.

I recall Veepee's spiel about how there were no member of twi...that way nobody could get kicked out...then he would chuckle.

The real reason why there were no official members, was so that nobody had any claims to the money except them...Nobody had any say in what went on, because afterall, you're not even an official member...so shut up.

...But then suddenly...non-members began to lose their non-membership! In other words, you were no longer not a member...you would lose all the rights and priviledges that were being extended to all non-members who remained in good standing. Non-members who lost their good standing, were now considered to be non-standing non-members, versus standing non-members.

You say this sounds silly to you? Well, the idea that there are no members is not true. Actually there are three members...and as far as I know, they think the non-membership system works just fine for them... icon_wink.gif;)-->

...Maybe I will start a company and sell stock in it...only after you pay me for the share of stock, I will designate you as a non-shareholder. Of course that would mean you could show everyone the stock certificate (I would send you one in the mail)...and you could pretend that the company was "your company"...and you could work hard to promote it and hold your head up high when you showed folks the stock certificate...of course, you would own nothing because you are a non-shareholder...the money would all be mine. icon_cool.gif

ha ha ha ha ha ha non-standing non-members.... and then you've got your unbelieving believers.... and your household within the household.... or family..... or....

--

gosh you two are we related, i have no C's in my name either

oops i take that back, frances is my confirmation name, but i don't think that counts, it's not legal