GreaseSpot Cafe

Drop Kicked from Corps

skyrider

Off topic BOWTWI Each time I see your avitar with that woman and her leg sticking out I want to buy her a pair of pants cause she looks cold... Isn't that funny?
Hee hee, yeah, I'd say that's funny - especially since that's Miss Dolly Parton - the very essence of HOT!!!! :anim-smile::anim-smile::anim-smile: Cats in the Cradle %3Cobject%20width=<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5r2spPJ8g?fs=1&hl=en_US"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5r2spPJ8g?fs=1&hl=en_US"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5r2spPJ8g?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">">

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a time when I came excruciatingly close to being drop-kicked from FellowLaborers. Instead, I kissed butt (figuratively) and swore I would never, ever be a bad boy again. It wasn't what I really wanted to do but my wife (at the time) was bound and determined to graduate so I did it to please her. We got divorced a couple years later anyway so it was an exercise in futility.

Edited by waysider

I remember a time when I came excruciatingly close to being drop-kicked from FellowLaborers. Instead, I kissed butt (figuratively) and swore I would never, ever be a bad boy again. It wasn't what I really wanted to do but my wife (at the time) was bound and determined to graduate so I did it to please her. We got divorced a couple years later anyway so it was an exercise in futility.

I'm so sorry waysider. You deserve so much more.-

I would have all the same work involved and responsibilities with being corpse but I would not be allowed to have the title and I was to be treated like someone who was not living God's primary will. :smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid:

Perfect description of "way corps alum" category they set up for all us drop-kicked corps in the 90's... Martindale went around booting everyone out, then realized he'd lost a good chunk of his butt-kissing work-force in the process and tried to round us back up by offering this hollow title... I accepted it because my spouse didn't know how to function outside the hive and I was (stupidly) trying to save the marriage at the time but I definitely remember thinking almost verbatim what you just posted, 100% Free...

Edited by TheHighWay

Perfect description of "way corps alum" category they set up for all us drop-kicked corps in the 90's... Martindale went around booting everyone out, then realized he'd lost a good chunk of his butt-kissing work-force in the process and tried to round us back up by offering this hollow title... I accepted it because my spouse didn't know how to function outside the hive and I was (stupidly) trying to save the marriage at the time but I definitely remember thinking almost verbatim what you just posted, 100% Free...

I see what you're saying, it must have been worrisome for the Loyster and other top "leaders" to realize they may actually have to do some real work themselves.

• 6 years later...
On 10/24/2010 at 10:26 PM, chockfull said:

So the manner in which the Way treats the vast majority of its leadership training program graduates actually is a pretty good baseline for the health of the organization. It turns on its own. It eats its own young. There simply are very few organizations, Christian, or otherwise that displays this kind of self-destructive behavior.

Colleges certainly do not. People are proud to recognize their "alma mater". Not so with TWI. I certainly would be ashamed to mention my "education" at their hands among the vast majority of Christian groups, especially if the name of the organization is known.

From a broader perspective, those that TWI "drop-kicked" from the Corps they were doing a favor. No more years of your life will they consume like a locust.

Chock, bingo!