GreaseSpot Cafe

Drop Kicked from Corps

skyrider

Dear sky and igotout,

Yeah, they got us in, then changed the rules.

Dear a la,

When I got mad and stopped hanging with TWI, I never felt like I had left my commitment to God. Rather, I felt like TWI's leadership had.

It wasn't until Waydale that I came to see that the founder of the organization never had the kind of commitment that he'd demanded of us.

Regards,

Shaz

{Edited to fix a typo, 'cuz I'm getting sick of making so many of them lately...!}

Edited by shazdancer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience with Corps getting the boot was not my own but my first WOW family coordinator getting the boot. He was the absolute worst leader. He was on his interim year. He bragged that he was the youngest in his corps. He was 22 at the time.

He made those 3 months on the WOW field HELL. He was a drunk and very controlling. We would watch him stay out past midnight out in the parking lot with chicks that he and my WOW brother had picked up at the bar that night. They would be completely trashed.

ONCE my WOW sister and I came home 5 minutes after midnight, and he was waiting up to chew us a new foot. When I told him that I was tired of his hypocracy and got up to go to bed, he blocked the hallway. He refused to let me go to bed. He said we would talk about it NOW. He did things like this all the time.

You can imagine that my goal was to get his foot kicked so far away that he would NEVER treat me that way again. He used to have yelling sessions with my WOW sister, locked up in the bathroom.

When he called us one night to pick him up from the bar, I picked him up and informed him that I was calling the territory coordinator the next morning to tell him about the happenings. He had already been reproved for drinking many time before, and we had been instructed that if we didn't tell on him, we all went home.....I sure didn't want to be unsuccessful on the WOW field. That was a disgrace don't you know.

The next day Brit* L*nn (territory coordinator) and Fr*nklin Sm*th (Limb coordinator) came to our house to have a meeting with us all. When they got there, they told everyone to go somewhere for awhile except for the family coordinator. They had a phone hookup with J*ohn L*nn (corps coord at the time).

When we came back 3 hours later, we were informed that he was kicked off the wow field and out of the corps.

The very next day corps from Dallas came up to take the family coordinator with them. The family coordinator was told he should not go home to his family and that he should live with some other corps until he got his .... together. They took really good care of him.

Now, after hearing all of this from other people and how people were kicked to the curb for much less, why in the H was this prick allowed to ruin 3 months of the lives of innocent people and get the royal treatment? The Corps from Dallas gave him a place to stay and picked him up and drove him there.

Twitville is definitely twisted. It's like the scripture says: calling good evil and evil good; calling sweet bitter and bitter sweet. Don't quote me, I don't read my Bible much these days. Anyway, you get the point.

It's all assbackwards in twi.

Wayfer Not - obviously this affected you and hurt you even after all these years.

I am not sure if people know the depth of pain and hurt some experienced.

It was even worse in the latter years which some refer to as TWI II. The rejections were fierce as I saw it.

Several ex-TWI reverands, ex-limb leaders, committed Corps people I have spoken to used phrases like "worse than a divorce" and "devastating" and one simply said "John it was horrible, worst thing that has ever happened to me".

I am not talking about recent years as much as the times before email, NO internet, NO forums, no easy or fast way to re-connect at the most critical time when that heart needed some relief from the pain.

Your best friends..... gone

Your ministry that you once loved.... gone

Your daily fellowship and social life.... gone.

For some, their job.......gone.

For some even a spouse..... gone.

It didn't need to be that way. It could have been handled with love and respect and dignity and follow up.

I am truly glad I did not treat anyone like that during those years. If I did I would be seeking them out to apologize.

I know most thought they were "Called of God" to go into the Corps. So, how could some man kick them out, was the feeling of most I've spoken with. It had to have been devastating!

Where would you go from there? I know one woman who they let go into residence 3 or 4 times with different corps and they never did let her graduate! How sick.

I hope all those who were ever LOA realize that God had nothing to do with it and are healed or getting the help they need to get perspective on it.

What is sick is that they so arbitrarily destroyed peoples lives when they callously cast them out......but also if you told THEM that it was you who weren`t coming back.......

When I wrote my letter to hq, stating that I wouldn`t be entering residence that fall, I recieved the an unbelievably venomous letter....

I was a cop out, my heart had never BEEN corpes if I`d let anything prevent me from honoring my commitment to God...yadda yadda big dissapointmenat spriritual loser....yadda yadda.

Those guys were mean coming and going...I think they liked it in some sick way.

quote:
you were in a much more SANE mindset oldies, you were smart....

but i wouldn't have thought so at the time

just the thought of it was so very devastating, horrible, like losing your SELF

i'm sorry for what you went through

Excathedra, thanks for the kind words. I never really had the heart to go back after that trauma, though I flirted with the thought from time to time. The burden was too great for me to bear. But what did Jesus say, my yoke is easy and my burden is light? icon_wink.gif;)-->.

Took me a couple of years to recover, but after that, being Joe Believer at twig was easy and light.

quote:
Excathedra, thanks for the kind words. I never really had the heart to go back after that trauma, though I flirted with the thought from time to time. The burden was too great for me to bear. But what did Jesus say, my yoke is easy and my burden is light? .

Took me a couple of years to recover, but after that, being Joe Believer at twig was easy and light.

Oldies.....I commend you for taking the time to reflect on your experiences, your trauma and decline the "invitation" to reapply. Obviously, in reading thru all these posts, you can see that many of us agree that we would have been far better off had we distanced ourselves from twi's upper hierarchy much earlier.

That's an understatement!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oldiesman,

What a wise choice you made.

After I left the corps...I then married a corps grad a year later. We of course had been engaged way before I ever entered the corps. We are still very happily married after 21 yrs of marriage. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Now, I remember right before we got the boot, LCM had started to put the pressure on those who were spouse corps to re-enter and do the way corps program.

I NEVER EVER thought for one moment I could ever go back. I knew from the bottom of my socks that that would kill me.

Glad we got the boot.

Actually, the fact that we did not make any arrangements to re-enter the program was one of the main reasons they said for dropping us from the corps in the first place.

It was a few months later that we actually got the boot from TWI.

Thanks folks.

That's why I tip my hat to anyone who actually went back, after leaving or getting dismissed. It must have been hard enough to finish the program, but imagine going back after leaving. Geeze. That took so much guts and determination to do it all over again. More than I was able to muster.

TWI had people who loved God, were dedicated to serving God all their lives, willing to accept training to be their best to serve God and God's people...

and what did the top honchos do?

Used them

Abused them

Kicked them out

Yeah, real smart, TWI, real smart

Edited by outandabout

quote:
Originally posted by A la prochaine:

Though, I was so relieved that even the girl driving me to the airport said to me, "Gee, I haven't seen you this happy in months. You seem almost happy to leave."

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You were probably happy but didn't know it. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Yeah, I sponsored a couple who had to go back through the corps because one of them wasn't corps but the other was. They had been running a branch, I think, for years. Had a big group of people and ran many classes.

They had really good jobs and quit them to go back through the training per martinfail's mandates. They got drop kicked within months of being back in the training program and I got a letter from someone at hq telling me how weak and stubborn they were. The letter was pretty rude and I was shocked since I hadn't been involved with TWIts for that long and I really liked and admired the people. I thought, "Gee, if THEY are considered weak I can't imagine what they would think of me!"

They couldn't go back to their hometown but had to go somewhere else and had a really hard time getting back up on their feet. They're still there and still in from the last I had heard. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Belle,

I knew of a couple who also did the same. The guy wasn't corps and she was.

So with their 2 kids in tow, they hop along to RC and join the way corps. While they were there, the guy hated it sooooooo much that he left twice (actually ran away I was told)..left his kids and wife. He came back because he loved the wife and kids.

They finished the program I believe, but at what expense.

Their marriage was hanging by a thread and the guy was a shell of a man at the end of the ordeal.

They're still in.

Oak---ya didnt know?

LCM said "weakness brings down strength....chain only as strong as weakest link" (yeah what was that...harmony in the home ---HAHAHAHA

Why they were diluting those WC gradiates....they were unequally yoked...blah blah blah

same was true but to a lesser extent discussed regarding advanced class grads married to non-advanced classs grads.

• 5 years later...

After I was dropped kicked-I moved to a new area. I was called and an offer was made to let me live with a coprps couple. I would pay rent, keep the homne clean and help with events. I would have all the same work involved and responsibilities with being corpse but I would not be allowed to have the title and I was to be treated like someone who was not living God's primary will. i said no thank you. :smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid: