GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

OK----------This song is a bit obscure but the album it comes from is a classic. Here are some clues before I post the lyric.

This is the first album by a very successful and prolific solo artist.

It was recorded in 1967.

It was produced by David Crosby.

The bass player is Stephan Stills.

We have a rocking chair

Each of us rocks his share

Eating muffin buns and berries

By the steamy kitchen window

Sometimes we do

Our tongues turn blue.

Quote from Word Wolf from June of last year:

I think a safe rule of thumb should be that the song has received

airplay on at least one standard (normal station with a real

broadcast) station at some point in history.

Does your song at least fit this criterion, Waysider? I have no idea what's on your albums.

George

SaintGeorge, I don't know the song but if someone gave the clue it came from a classic album that is noteworthy. And if they gave you the year, producer and bass player you have quite a lot, especially if you happen to like Crosby or Stills (or both).

So to be honest I feel your very last sentence to be curt.

OK----------This song is a bit obscure but the album it comes from is a classic. Here are some clues before I post the lyric.

This is the first album by a very successful and prolific solo artist.

It was recorded in 1967.

It was produced by David Crosby.

The bass player is Stephan Stills.

Then I guess I should know the rules a bit better. And I still find the phrasing to be not what I would have wanted to been said to me.

But I shall bow out of this or soon someone will go insulting me because I am a woman speaking up for a man when not asked by the man. And we all know I am not allowed to shoot a bird on this board. :biglaugh:

GEORGE------------I see your point. When this album came out, most of this type of stuff was relegated to the underground stations and programs but for the sake of keeping peace in the neighborhood I am throwing in the towel and defaulting the next one to the first poster who wants it.

The answer by the way is Sisotobell Lane from Joni Mitchell's freshman album titled Song To A Seagull.

If you like lyrics( and I suspect you do) this album is a "must hear" or at least worthy of a "look see" at Joni's website.

CK----Thanks for your kind words. If you do shoot that bird, make sure it's not a Seagull!

I'm sorry if I seemed abrasive. It's just that I have enough trouble guessing songs that there was actually some chance I might have heard. I have a half dozen Captain and Tenille albums with songs I like that I imagine no one else here has heard. There wouldn't be any point in posting lyrics. I don't mind someone picking a "one-hit wonder" or other little-known song, but it should have been on the radio, preferably in the last forty years.

And frankly, I don't know: WAS wasway's song broadcast?

George

The airplay thing really was a rule so that we have SOME kind of shot at answering even the

tough ones. It also leaves out a number of songs I really like, but NEVER heard on the radio.

With all these fightin' words in mind, I offer this for the "toss-up":

"When my fist clenches, crack it open,

Before I use it and lose my cool"

I don't know about any of you, but I remember listening to Joni Mitchell's "Sistowbell Lane" from her first LP...(remember LP's) back in the Age of Nixon ...It never got much air play in the 60's... but ...in the late 80's the album was re-released..... and didnt get much air play either. Great song though.