GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

sounds like a movie theme,,,, from Pirates of the Carribean. Don't know?

If we are going to move on, please tell us the name and artist of the song, please.

I hope you don't mind if I go!

This one hit the top 10 on the Billboard as a single. In what year did this come out and what album?

After what you've meant to me

Ooh baby now, I can make it easily,

I know that we both agree

Best thing to happen to you

The worst thing that happened to me,

It came out the year I started College..had it in my Dorm room till I lonaned it away and never got it back...It was an "Album" for you youngsters had to use a "turntable" to play it. The band had no imagination.... the title of the album was

"VI"

FEELIN' STRONGER EVERY DAY "Chicago"

Such fond memories

It was 1973....I had collected all of the albums and at the time my boyfriend liked them, so I gave them all to him. Found out after we were married that he had sold them all. Pooh! The things guys do. Still have a turntable for the thousands of albums we have. Love that vinyl! Don't like the space it takes up now days. Wasway you are up, Tom you are funny!

I remember an afternoon long ago I was wondering through the local Monkey Wards killing time and wandered through their small record department (yes they had one)... I'm just looking through the albums seeing if anything catches my eye... there's this double album there by some group called 'Chicago Transit Authority'... hmmm... only $3.99 for a double album! ...I decide to take a chance, double albums usually cost $10.99 so I'll give it a shot... loved it, taped it on a cassette so's I could listen to it in my car... about 3 months later they were all over the place... you knew they would be, that first album had no fillers, all "good strongs"... alas, when I was out WOW one year my mom sold it at a yard sale for fifty cents... I've only about 40 vinyls that were saved from her...

Tom Strange

I still have my vinyl of CTA. I got it at a garage sale for 50 cents.

Just kidding.(I do still have it though.)

Remember all the intrigue surrounding "25 or 6 to 4"?(second album, I think)

Everyone knew 25 was code for LSD since it was an abreviated way of saying Lisergic Acid Diethilamide 25. But what was 6 to 4?

Turns out it was just about a guy looking blurry eyed at the clock as he tried to pen a new song in the wee hours of the morning.

Still got some Cold Blood and Zephyr too but that's another story.

I still Listen to CTA regularly... Have the whole album as a single MP3 on my cellphone, too

Since you brought up the last line Tom lets try a lyrical intertwining..

Girl, I heard you're getting married

Heard you're getting married, this time you're really sure

And this is the end, they say you really mean it

This guy's the one that makes you feel so safe, so sane and so secure

And, baby, if he loves you more than me

Maybe it's the best thing

Maybe it's the best thing for you

But................................

Edited by wasway