GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Thanks, you are all wonderful.

The sensation of walking into a room and just "feeling" him there started to subside after about two days. Mom is doing much, much better than I think I would be, in her place. The neighbors are wonderful, although one of them has developed pneumonia; maybe the stress of what happened to Daddy added to that; please pray for our sweet elderly neighbor man. Another neighbor mowed Mom's lawn; the church ladies brought a pullman-case-sized box of fried chicken to the gathering afterwards, for the friends and family.

Tonight is my first night back with my husband and babies since I got that first call, to go to the hospital.

Thank you all so very, very much for your prayers, your kind words, your encouragement, and your love. Sometimes, I would take a minute to check e-mail, particularly as I sat at the comuter writing Daddy's obituary. I stopped in to lurk, even when there wasn't time to properly reply, and your wonderful words and hugs were very uplifting.

Thanks.

By the way, it was the longest darn obituary in the paper, by a mile. He'd have loved that. Cheapest funeral, prettiest wife, longest obituary. Lots of people crying their eyes out, Taps, a slowly folded flag on behalf of "the President of the United States and the people of a grateful nation," and then folks getting on with life.

That's the hard part, that last part.

You all really helped, thank you very much.

"Be just, and fear not."

Hey, sorry that I haven't been around.

Lots of stuff to do!

Just wanted to say "hello," and let you folks know that I'm thinking of you.

Ex, I live about two and a half hours from Mom, and will be seeing her every weekend for a while. She's really hanging in there. My sister and brother-in-law are there.

I must have gotten 80 sweet e-mails from students; we missed a Friday and a Monday of classes, and yesterday was our first day back.

Youse guys goin' to Vegas? Gonna witness to the Elvis impersonators?

(Actually, I have to take that back. One of them has three neat "believer" ladies as his backup singers. A group of us had dinner with them several years ago. They were really very nice.)

Thankyou. Thankyou very much.

"Be just, and fear not."

Tom:

Ex asked you to type in toungues and interpret...

Your last post looks like you cut the interpretation short, to me. There were obviously two words in tongues typed and only one English word...

I am only 50% edified!

You can redeem yourself by finishing, please.

What you did say was obviously....

perspired,

or inspired,

or already transpired,

or sounded like you were tired,

or wishing you could be fired,

or under so much stress that you are mired,

or something!!!

One more word is REQUIRED!

So, yesterday I was back in Texas for the weekend, with Mom.

The children (4 and 6) wanted to see the gravesite. They were there at the service, but hadn't seen it all covered up.

We gathered thousands of seeds from the rampant wildflowers and rubbed them into the mound.

As we worked, I sang "the Old Rugged Cross" (Daddy's favorite hymn), "How Great Thou Art," and "Bringing In the Sheaves."

On the way from the cemetery, we sang fun nursery school songs.

It was nice. Nobody cried. It was peaceful.

The children have done amazingly well with all of this.

Did somebody say something about a weenie roast?

"Be just, and fear not."