GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Hi, Everybody!!!

What wild horses have kept me away from your boosoooms? Oh, the pain, the travail,

the 20-lb. turkey!

Sorry. I've had loads of work to do, as well as pneumonia. My little girl had the flu for a week and a half, and I had a houseful for Thanksgiving. I am much worried with things which are not those things of the word, and I have missed the fellowhip of you fellows.

Next week is Dead Week, when I don't really expect anyone to die, but I've been wrong about that before. After that is Finals, and then . . .

Freeeeeeee-eeeee-dom . . .

How I long for the day when I can say (I have)

Freeeeeeee-eeeee-dom . . .

When final grade reports come my way,

(SLAP!)

Oh, thanks. Guess I got distracted there, for a sec.

Three things happened this past weekend which are kind of nice, and kind of sca-a-ry, at the same time.

A) our fifteen-year-old went on her first "alone with a boy in a car" date.

B) our seventeen-year-old (nearly eighteen, okay) got his first car.

c) Mike Stoops signed with Arizona, to be their head football coach!

Sure, life goes on, but these things are frighteningly wonderful, and wonderfully FRIGHTENING!

Only Arizona can have Mikey, because that's my better half's alma mater, and they deserve a great coach. Rockarino, I hope that he does for 'Zona what his brother "Bobby" has done for us. I hear that he's stealing his little brother, Mark, from somewhere in Florida, to be one of his assistants.

Let me tell you, two Stoops brothers is a very, very good combination for a football program.

These guys aren't just trying to be head coaches. They are trying to re-make American college football.

Earlier this semester, a couple of OU players (Mark Clayton and somebody else, who was just as brave, but whose name I can't recall at the moment) came upon a wreck, in which five family members were trapped in a burning SUV. They got all of them out, risking their own lives. These kids are pretty much all like that.

Can't wait to see them play in the Big 12 Championship, and hopefully, in the Sugar Bowl.

Hey, I missed you folks. Sorry to be gone for so long.

Everybody who STILL has leftover turkey in the fridge, raise your hand.

If your hand isn't raised, you needed a BIGGER TURKEY!

Love, niKa

"Live just, and fear not."

Hey niKa,

Keep everyone healthy (including yurself)!

I've heard very good things about Stoops... including already setting the tone with some of the Wildcats players. I wish him and them well in every game except one (Thanksgiving weekend)every year. One kid showed up for a team meeting about 3 minutes late and was told to go run stadium stairs... icon_smile.gif:)-->

And your 15 yo going on a date... that IS scary, in concept, I can only imagine at this point. (mine is now 14)

ig i puy my ginhrtd on sll yhr etonh kryd iy eill noy mskr sny drndr ehsydorbrt snf i vsn fo iy obrt snf obrt shsin. yhid id got s jokr iy’d rsdirt yo fo iy yhid esy yhsn yo judy tsnfomnly yypr ouy dyigg lrud ejsyrbrt/ iy’d ptryyy gunny nuy i mudy sfmiy yhsy dimon hsbr mr yhr ifrs. hs hs yhsy’d ehsy mskrd iy rbrn gunnirt. oksy i’ll rnf yhid i duppodr. yhid dhoulf nr rnouh.

♥

[This message was edited by H. Keller on December 1, 2003 at 4:52.]

Edited by Guest

Originally posted by tomtuttle:

Russ Coleman, please meet with George in the sonlight room immediately after the meal ...

LCM: What the HE** are you DOING!!!!!

Martha: I'm smoking ...

LCM: Did you see any ashtrays on the tables???

Martha: That's OK, I'll just use the plate.

Now THAT'S priceless.

Once after graduation I had sat in a branch leaders meeting with the coordinator and had requested an ashtray and when I observed the limb coordinator saw there was none available in his limb house I replied I will just use the floor. His facial expressions dropped and I reminded him I was only kiddding. It was a KODAK moment.

Gee, I missed you sickos.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Live just, and fear not."

Thank you SiwoMan for your rendition of Changed 3:16.

Swellowslipper, after maany a big event teachings, I would look directly into the eyes of the wonderful believer next to me, with my corps name tag on, with ALL boldness and 9th corps pride, and would say with all gravity, "I agree with a lot of what he taught." ...

And the ROA immediately prior to our entering in res training, I saw George Hendley, and asked him if he was planning any field trips for us when we got to Emporia. He gave me a look that spoke volumes about how blessed he was to have US coming into the corps. And of course, that blessed ME beyond all that He was able.

Joe Fayah, couldn't go on stage without drinking a bottle of apple wine...

Where is the counterpart Joe Coulter?

(This message edited by Frank Staley, Dec 3, 2003)