GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

I'm soooooo fuuuuuuuullllll. It's that "in-between" time on Thanksgiving, between the meal and the kitchen cleanup. Mr.niKa is asleep on the sofa, the kids are playing upstairs, and I just had a piece of pumpin pie with whipped cream on the top - the cats are all purring, the sun is shining, and I stopped by the cafe to say "hey."

Happy Thanksgiving!

:wave:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! (made even better by 38-10!)

All of the in-laws and outlaws just left so now it's just me and Dixie and the last football game of the day... the dishwasher's running and I just put her blanket back on the couch... boy is she worn out!

...come to think of it... me too!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Excie girl I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday and hope today is way mo better! Also I hope everybody survived black friday. I stayed home and did a major chill out :sleep1: I've got a bunch of stuff to do today to make up for yesterday's idleness but I figure I won't sweat the small stuff.

I hope everybody had a great turkey day!!! I'm going to join Nika in the kitchen and try to dance off some of the holiday eating I did :dance:

Bye all

Hey, keeeeds. Need you to circle the wagons of prayer.

More cellulitis, other leg, not as bad as the first time, didn't come on as quickly. Already on medicine for it, not in the hospital, and planning to go to work tomorrow. Hoping, anyhow.

Doctor thinks that it was still around, on the surface of the skin, and just got in again.

A lot will depend on how it feels in the morning, and on whether it improves significantly within about 48 hours.

Thanks buckets,

niKa

But . . . I love to dance!

I remember one Happy Household Holiday banquet at HQ; I was wearing a long, skinny, maroon velvet skirt, and a shiny gold tube top with a shiny gold ruffle at the waist. Kurt Rocco, the dancer, took me on such a wild polka around the whole dancefloor that when I looked down, the whole top was down at the ruffle.

:eusa_clap:

Things here at the moment are no better, but no worse either, and I'm able to work and keep things moving. We simply moved the classes all to one building, so that I don't need to hike all over campus. Different antibiotics added to the mix today. Should be back at top speed shortly. This is dangerous, but has not turned out to be a scary sidelining thing, like the last one. I'm grateful for your prayers and good wishes.

Sooo, what's everybody else been up to?

love, niKa

I am NOT a squirrel!

:dance:

I spent the morning visiting "my kids."

One morning a week I visit/work with 3-5 year olds, who have been taken out of their homes because of abuse and/or neglect, at a crisis nursery. The kids are wonderful and I love going there and being with them.

:)

I am NOT a squirrel!

I beg to differ... I got this from Wikipedia and I know they're right!

Rocket J. Squirrel, usually called by the nickname "Rocky"

...so there! ..quit living in denial dude! It's a new year for you, the perfect time to live clean!

(besides, how did you know I was talking about you if you're not?)