GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Yeah,lifted,this is definitely my favorite table here at the cafe....And thanks to all of you poets and wordsmiths for your kind birthday words...Believe me,this gettin' old thing was really starting to get to me...

I even went to see an analyst...He asked me "how do you feel?"..."Old",I said..."I'm fifty years old,for gosh sakes"...

"Well just tell people you're 50 years young,...and remember,you're only as old as you feel" he says..."Oh,baloney",I says.."Only old people say that...Ever heard a teenager say 'I'm 18 years young',or ,I feel old enough to drink,so gimme a shot o' whiskey,barkeep'?"...

"Hmmmm,..well how does that make you feel?",he says...'Well,kinda wierd,Doc"..."I woke up,when I was still 49,feeling like a wigwam...The next day,when I turned 50,I woke up feeling like a tepee"...

"Well there's your problem",he says..."Your two tents"...

have ya ever noticed how old people tell the same jokes over and over ?

:wub:

Yeah,..well you try comin' up with some new material after 300 pages...

Yes,Rocky,I voted...first thing this morning...As a matter of fact,I feel more patriotic and warm and fuzzy over election day than any of our national holidays,like Independence day,Veterans Day,Memorial Day,etc. ...I love going to my polling place,...the church down the street...The poll workers are mostly retirees,all courteous,with smiles on their faces,greeting all voters the same,regardless of race,color or creed---we all count...No matter how we voted,today we're on the same side...the American side,and we're going to make a difference,one vote at a time...It seems to be the one day that we Americans are truly equals...From the president on down we U. S. citizens count for ONE vote---no more,no less...

If you voted today,you did one of the most American things you could ever do...If you didn't,thank your lucky stars that you live in a country that has made possible a comfortable enough life that allows for indifference...I hope fellowshipper is enjoying the same privileges in the land down under...

Well, after some more coffee, and a whole day of lecturing behind me (but now I'm punchy), I'm thinking that maybe we could view that image as a kind of a send-off to some certain folks in Washington who didn't play well with others, and had a lot of other kids send them home.

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, good bye!

:wave:

Apologies to the Republicans among us (I voted for two or three of your colleagues, here locally), but I'm as happy as a sunbeam.

:) :)

Wa-HOOOOOOOO! Extra dancing, have a glass of wine, put on your happy hat, and let's have a shindig!!!

Well, after some more coffee, and a whole day of lecturing behind me (but now I'm punchy), I'm thinking that maybe we could view that image as a kind of a send-off to some certain folks in Washington who didn't play well with others, and had a lot of other kids send them home.

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, good bye!

:wave:

Apologies to the Republicans among us (I voted for two or three of your colleagues, here locally), but I'm as happy as a sunbeam.

:) :)

Wa-HOOOOOOOO! Extra dancing, have a glass of wine, put on your happy hat, and let's have a shindig!!!

And hearty, JOYFUL A M E N to that from little ol' trouble maker me! (And I voted for ONE Republican this time... someone I know and trust). But I also am as tickled as can be because I cast one of the votes that went a long way toward giving them elephants one of their most surprising losses... :dance::dance::dance:

:jump: :jump:

The TIMES they are a changin'!

Edited by Rocky

Too bad Simon you don't play golf. Last weekend I was playing with an old high school (what hi-skule you go to??) friend. I hit a good drive but lost sight of it. I said to him "Damm!! I hit that really well - but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Did you see where the ball went??". He responded "My eyesight is still exceptionally good, I saw it just fine. Saw right where it went." So I said to him "Okay then, where did it go?" He says "I forget."

So last night I was in a bar, sat next to 3 beautiful blondes. I asked the one next to me if she'd like to hear a blonde joke. She says "I am 5'8 and a body builder. My friend here is 5'10 and is a professional wrestler. My other friend is 5'11 and has a martial arts black belt. Are you sure you want to tell us a blonde joke?" I said "Yeah, you're right. I don't want to have to explain it three times..."

Toodles!!!

We're all gone now!!

:evildenk::evildenk::evildenk:

That sounds like something demons would say...Which reminds,me,where did some of these names for devil spirits come from,anyway?...Like Mr. Velerker?...I even looked in the phonebook once and there are no Velerkers...Or Mr. Fletcher?...I knew a few Fletchers,but they weren't particularly any more devilish than anybody else...Of course,there was also Fletcher's Castoria a product that cured acid indegestion or something in those days...And who was Miss Jonassis?...None of those in the phonebook,either...It must have been some sort of combo of JackieO nassis..I do remember where Chief Manyfeathers came from...Sort of an invisible friend of one of those advanced class mediums...In fact,"Manyfeathers" became a dear,pet name for own beloved fellowshipper for a while...

Oh,I forgot to mention something,for you advanced class fans...If you cast out devils from somebody,and they say "we're all gone now",you know that demon is lying,and probably is in fact a lying spirit,for if he really were cast out,he wouldn't be in there any longer possessing the person to tell you "we're all gone now"...So after successfully operating the manifestation of workings of miracles,it's a good idea to ask "how many are left in there",and if you get no response,then you know that they're all gone now,...unless the person is deaf or something...

Edited by simonzelotes

well... maybe "honorable mention" myseestorex! if we put him in the HofF then it'll go straight to his head!

And then what will become of the people of the fair burg that he lives in?

He'll start hanging out at all of the hoity toity places and then they'll see his picture on the society page and say "why look! there's simon! we knew him when"...

so, like Bill Parcell's says... "let's not put him in Canton yet"...

...but it was a very humorous post my friend!