GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Rocky: I haven't been up to the mountain for awhile, and mr.niKa has only been two or three times since the summer that the cabin burned down, to work on the lot with his Dad. I understand that my father in law has some new trees started up there, though. We'll rebuild when the time is right.

Yeah, that was a great game, and I predict that somebody will make a movie out of the Boise State story. It's really hard to feel badly about the score, when taking into account how hard Boise State worked to get there. If we'd won, it would have been another big win. But for them, it was the biggest game in their school's entire history. Hey, good for them. It was a nail-biter, and they went for the two-point conversion to either win it or lose it on the last play of their turn at overtime. Then, the kid who made the winning play proposed to his head-cheerleader girlfriend, and she said "yes," right there on national television. It was just a cool night.

Happy Thursday, everybody.

Edited by notinKansasanymore

Yes... it seems to be a happy Thursday!

sweetniKa, the "next time" I come up will be the "first time" (well, to visit with you anyway)... once I found out you were on sabbatical I just lost all the will to travel up that way... without you there it just wasn't worth the trip!

I see the kool-aid ...now... where are those twinkies?

Heh heh! It's a happy Thursday for me too... I just found out I'm going to be saving (as in not incurring costs for) a great deal of my medical costs for 2007... Praise be to the VA.... er, no that's not it... how about, Praise be to Allah... no that can't be it either... oh, well, I'm definitely thankful regardless (or is that IRregardless?... just kidding on the praise part and the IRregardless... but not kidding on the 2007 medical costs).

:dance:

:jump:

Spring is Coming!

I need to live somewhere that there's no winter. How early can I retire to South Texas? 'Course, mr.niKa wants us to retire to the Circue of the Unclimbables.

Here's a quote about that: ""The Cirque of the Unclimbables" is the name given to a small cluster of peaks and walls in remote northern Canada, near the border of the Yukon and Northwest Territories. The Lotus Flower Tower, publicized in the book Fifty Classic Climbs of North America, is perhaps the most well known climb there. It is also home to the awesome Mt. Proboscis, an amazing hunk of granite with the easiest free route a fifteen pitch 5.12a!"

A pitch is as far as one good climbing rope will reach.

It's an occasional, running discussion that we've been having for years. Warm sun, crashing surf, and butterflies, or high altitude, extreme cold, and high winds?

HHHhhhmmmmmmmm.

:rolleyes::confused:

Remind you of WHAT Tom?

Hey niKa, I can't imagine any better mild winter place than Tucson! It has better air than Phoenix and you can find places to climb all over the place (both in and outside AZ, and I imagine Mr. niKa knows some in S. AZ).

We went on holiday at Eden NSW (New South Wales) and my wife my Julia baby jumped out of a plane with a tandom instructor. She was absolutely exuberant to jump as an understatement at the age of 50. What an enthrollment for her. I went out later to the continentinental shelf and and cought a yellowfin tuna the largest catch for the day. What a wonderful holiday. Now I am back to work for my first week, UGHH.

We went on holiday at Eden NSW (New South Wales) and my wife my Julia baby jumped out of a plane with a tandom instructor. She was absolutely exuberant to jump as an understatement at the age of 50. What an enthrollment for her. I went out later to the continentinental shelf and and cought a yellowfin tuna the largest catch for the day. What a wonderful holiday. Now I am back to work for my first week, UGHH.

Hey Fellowshipper,

Have you a picture of that yellowfin to show us? That'd be really coooool.

Tnks.

Rocky, I just called the owners of the fishing boat. In a few days they will put it on their website as they are busy during the holidays being summer. In a few days check out www.freedomcharters.com.au. That should be posted in a few days. The capton of the boat after my fish was gutted and filleted reached down with his knife and took off a piece near the spine and offered me a taste and I said I do not eat raw fish. His reply was a fisherman always does and I said let me give it a go and it tasted delicious, hence, my first sushi in my life. It had no flavor of fish or oiliness. It took me a week to get rid of my flaky sunburn of the South Pacific sun. I had a blast. On the 26th is Australian day and I am going scuba diving at Mornington penisula Phillip Bay with our hometown diving club. Yippee!

Rocky, I just called the owners of the fishing boat. In a few days they will put it on their website as they are busy during the holidays being summer. In a few days check out www.freedomcharters.com.au. That should be posted in a few days. The capton of the boat after my fish was gutted and filleted reached down with his knife and took off a piece near the spine and offered me a taste and I said I do not eat raw fish. His reply was a fisherman always does and I said let me give it a go and it tasted delicious, hence, my first sushi in my life.

Fellowshipper... I hope YOU were holding the fish... I saw some pics on their site... but didn't see you.

So, raw tuna IS good? I've seen people eat it on Iron Chef America, but wasn't convinced to eat raw fish myself...

-------------------------------

Hey TOM STRANGE.... Did you REMEMBER?