GreaseSpot Cafe

Non twi teachers

Charles Stanley has always been a favorite of mine.

On the local front, John Wagner (Davie, FL) and Bob Coy (Ft. Lauderdale, FL).

Among offshoots, I still like Vince Finnegan and John Schoenheit (although they don't agree with each other as much as they used to). John Lynn is a hoot too.

david, I've seen her on television.

When I first heard of her it was through my mother. She had bought some listening tapes for me on depression. It was well worth it to listen to them.

ok, well, berkley missouri is in the suburbs of St Louis. I have only seen Joyce Meyer on TV but she also has a website and bunches of books and teaching tapes. Her ministry was called, "Life in the Word." Now I think she has changed it to "Enjoying Everyday Life"

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down...John Shelby Spong.

Books: Born of a women.

Living in sin.

Rescuing the bible from fundementalism.

This Hebrew lord.

Resurrection...Myth or reality.

Meeting Jesus for the first time.

Christianity must change or die.

Just to name a few books. This man has done more to challange my thinking then anyone or any thing. Just what the doctor ordered.

• 3 years later...

F.F. Bruce, Brue M. Metzger, N.T. Wright, William Barclay, Dallas Willard, Dietrich Bonheoffer, Charles Spurgeon are among my favorites, pretty much in that order. Most are gone, now, but their writings remain. If you want to read Willard, I recommend starting with The Divine Conspiracy.

Can't stand Spong or his buddy Peter Gomes, though I've read them (actually, because I've read them.) Spong's Why Christianity Must Change or Die begs the retort "Why John Spong must change or die"!

Joyce Meyers is OK in my book, as are Beth Moore, Billy Graham, and many others.

BTW, Def (the original poster) is no longer posting here. At least, he announced he was bowing out. He was special.

edited to add Willard

Edited by anotherDan