GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know approximately how many people are showing up, so I can gauge how much meat, milk and stuff Cathy and I will need for Sunday breakfast.

Special note to Hawk:

If you don't come to the roast, I'll hunt you down and pull the fifth wheel on your truck (don't worry, he knows what I mean icon_smile.gif:)-->).

The lessons repeat until they are learned.

Note to food coordinators

1000Names and will not arrive until very late Friday night. We both have to work Friday. We are hoping to leave around 4 - 4:30 and figure it's an 8 to 9 hour drive.

We also have to head home very early Sunday so we can get home in time to pick up the boys, catch up with them, and get them in bed so they can get up for school the next day.

This means chili has to be Saturday and if you want 1000Names to help with the sausage gravy its an early start or Cathy's on her own.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

KiloNames:

Here are the folks who have claimed via the thread or chat room that they are going. I have heard rumors of a couple more.

Herbiejuan

Rascal and the 14th Tribe (husband + 7? kids)

Abigail & The Man of A Thousand Screen Names

Sudo

Littlehawk & son

Bowtwi & daughter

Shellon

Oakspear

AHAT (on good authority - maybe)

Jardinero AND Jardinerito

Ttessa

Seth (maybe)

Oenphile

That looks like about 25 counting children. Maybe anyone who is bringing spouses, children or assorted others can post so we can update the list for Sushi or whoever else needs to know.

See Ya at The Roast

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by Oakspear on September 07, 2003 at 0:42.]

Edited by Guest

This is how it's set up at this point.

First and foremost, the vein of this event is one word. RELAX. Enjoy the park, sleep (but not all weekend please), rest, get to know each other, play if you want to, do nothing if you want to.

The food goes like this:

There is gonna be mega amounts of it.

Friday: Sudo's stew, warm in his cabin, to graze on as people arrive.

Saturday Breakfast: Biscuits and gravy, I thought this would be manofamillionnames, but not so sure now. if not, then Cathy's. Either way, we'll eat!

Saturday lunch and/or supper: Hawks Stew, manofamillionnames Chili, Cathy's stew.

Sunday Breakfast: whoever does not do saturday's.

I gotta tell you, there is gonna be so much food at this thing. Hot dogs, burgers, Cathy is gonna cook a ham to go with a meal or for sandwiches, chips, dessert stuff and food that hasn't even been mentioned yet. Cathy will bring all the condiments, as well as toppers for burgers and dogs. Also she's getting buns.

The only dishes should be cooking pots and serving utensils, grill tools. Eating will be done on styro bowls, plates, cups. This way as little dishes as possible to be done and noone stuck in the dishwater for very long. We'll all work together and get any "work" done quickly so we can get back to the relaxing part.

Other: popcorn, both micro and 'real' stuff. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Also munchies, soda and junk food. We still need someone to bring stuff for S'mores. Also need cocoa. Another good thing is if a few more people can grab a case of soda or two. Cathy is bringing a bunch as well.

It's for SURE there will be coffee in am as well as through the day.

play will be going on, if you want to participate, or just find a lawn chair and enjoy as a spectator.

Volleyball, fishing, a tea party for the kids, to name a few.

Herbal has already mentioned rain gear, Oak needs first aid items; bring yours please. Remember bug repellant, sun screen, etc.

Did I cover everything? If not, see herbal icon_razz.gif:P-->

Edited by Guest

oh yeah, and......

Chicken, we'll have chicken. According to a post by hawk, we gotta keep him a breast.

ok, Box is bringing s'mores stuff. Anyone for cocoa? Instant is fine, unless there is that someone that wants REAL cocoa. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Any bringers of a case of soda or two?

For those of you who would like to read about the First Annual Southern Comfort Weenie Roast....it's the top subject in the July 2002 Inactive forum under Archives. It is highly recommended reading! Everyone was considerate of other's needs.....whatever they were.

Also - for those staying in a cabin, especially if all the beds are spoken for:

The Park is pretty stingy with bathtowels....only four to a cabin (and they are tiny). So, I'm bringing my own.

Unfortunately, we just found out we can't go. I'll be cancelling the reservation for cabin 7 this weekend, or Monday if they aren't in the office on the weekend.

Maybe next year. Y'all have fun without us...

The fool hath said in his heart, "PFAL is the Word of God..."