GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making out that list right now..

Only thing is I'm going to have to make the stew Thursday afternoon. I have a meeting Thursday night and my stew takes some simmering time to make the meat good and tender. I don't stay up late.

Wondering if I'll use English peas in it this time. The constants are the stew meat, potatoes, carrots and onions. Sometimes I use peas and sometimes I don't. Anyone got a preference???

sudo

English peas are the Devil's vegetable, the contents of his vile handkerchief after a nasty bout of brimstone bronchitis.

English peas shall be a blight unto the land, yea, even for seventy and seven generations.

The fool hath said in his heart, "PFAL is the word of God..."

Sudo.....I am looking forward to meeting ya and savoring some of ya stew....I am sure it'll be plenty tasty and warm a belly before retiring for the night. You make it like you like it and leave the ingredients for the guessing and most people will eat it and love it...cause it was prepared with loving kindness...all food tastes better that way don't ya know! See ya soon!

In the five day forecast for Tullahoma, TN (nearby town to Tim's Ford State Park) the prediction for this weekend in as follows:

FRI

Partly

Cloudy

High 78

Low 49

SAT

Mostly

Sunny

High 78

Low 49

SUN

Partly

Cloudy

High 78

Low 54

OMG, THREE DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Edited by Guest

Dear Stewman Sudo:

I was just playing about the peas. My mother's favorite "veggie" to serve us as kids was over boiled canned peas. They were kind of a grayish slime and just thinking about them starts my gag reflex!

I am VERY adept at picking them out (kinda like our old pooch who could eat a whole bowl of food and leave the vitamin behind!).

Can't wait to meet you on Friday (and taste the stew!).

Jardinero

Jardinero,

Can't wait to meet you too. I'm really looking forward to this and I know we'll have a good time. Guess I'll leave the green peas out (G). They don't really do that much for the stew even if you LIKE green peas.

sudo
Edited by Guest

hey Sudo a tenderizer tip for the stew.

Boil your stewmeat, onions and garlic in a can of beer and let it set for a bit.....will tenderize up that meat quick and of course the alcohol boils off, but leaves the meat tender and tasty.

Saves loads of time, wishin I was gonna be there to taste your cookin,,,,do you put novicane in any of your stew?? thinking you may have to if you add them thar peas.

Hey Sudo convince Geo to fly out there with his lovely wife butofcourse.....

tell him you want to check out his loose crown (both of them....lol)

suz icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

[This message was edited by suz on September 16, 2003 at 18:43.]

Edited by Guest

Awwww doggone it Paw, quit Hmmmmmmmmmmming and go!

You're driving me #&*#$@ nuts, you know you will enjoy it. I'd go if my health situation didn't severely limit my ability to travel.

TTessa, I like your Rose avatar, it looks pretty and suits you well.

Rascal, I know you will mother and take care of everyone there, be sure to give yourself time too. Give "Little sirl who should have been Dabobbadina" a hug for me.

Mr. "Cast of Thousands" and all his friends (?!?) and all the rest, Have a great time there, it will be fun and sweet, i'm sure.

Bobba

Way II much fun for one man.

love,

Bob Hansen