GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

icon_smile.gif:)-->

May I please have a glass of water to wash down my foot?

Sigh, you know, I was VERY well taken care of this last weekend at the Second Annual South Comfort Weenie Roast. I was safe, I was loved, I was comforted, I was with friends and I had a freakin blast!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Then I had to come home and decide I was hungry for foot. sheesh.

In the post about the snipe hunt, Cathy said the whole thing was set up for me. Well, DUH, it was not meant that way at all. (can I toss around ego or what?) Cathy was just joking around when she said that and my neurons misfired or something and I took it personal.

So, not one to leave well enough alone and just take a joke for what it is, I fire off a comment implying that I'm miffed about the remark. Then, just to add sparkle, I add another one about me being the only one that had something there and even I have no idea about what I speak and it was unkind and I'm sorry. Cathy, I apologize for getting mouthier than one of your youngins and putting you in a position to wonder what the heck I'm talking about, if I'm mad, etc. I'm sorry.

Let me set the record straight, from my own perspective anyway. The weekend was put together with great love and forethought. It was planned to be fun and to provide us with a time together, period. That was accomplished 'above all that we could ask or think' (sorry, but it fits here). The folks that took their time, resources and hearts to pull this off ought to be cited for their tenderness and love for each of us, not for whatever detail they may have overlooked.

Personally, I think it behooves all of us to say THANK YOU!

Some of us very rarely get to take the time to go away from home and meet up with people that really love us and just play. And any time there is an event such as this, there is bound to be something come up. I'd say that the park ranger coming to the camp was small. Funny but small. Losing the children, ok, that was not necessarily small; we never want to see that happen, but in real life we hope and do our best for the best outcome we can manage and that's exactly what happened in both instances.

There was not one person there that went with malice or aforethought of getting out of hand or being a burden on the rest of us or the park. Not one! What I saw was a bunch of really wonderful people; the kind I'm glad I have in my life. (and I'm fussy!)

We are grown ups that have the mental capacity to make our own choices after we left a cult that forced us to bend and sqeeze into theirs. Which brings me to the second foot goin in my mouth. Gawd, I'm glad I only have two. The comment I made about not following rules! Geeze, can I not just hush and move along? Of course we have to follow rules and of course I do. The rules of the park were made clear for us to see and we did get loud and 'let our hair down' but we were not deliberately attempting to hurt anyone or to flip our noses in the eyes of any laws or rules. None of us had that thought.

Life is about learning and we did. We learned that we love each other, we learned that we can spend a weekend together and get along beautifully, we learned that Sudo can dance, we learned that Oak plays a mean kazoo. Whatever. And now we know that next year we must perhaps handle the adult beverages in a manner that doesn't cause anyone to have to be disturbed or interrupted of their enjoyment, by us.

It was fun, bottom line. I challenge anyone to get so many people together and have every little detail go just like they think it should. That just aint gonna happen.

The plans were pulled off, the food was great, the group was amazingly cohesive, the kids were incredible and personally I'm very thankful for how it all went. So, the party got cut a little short, but wasn't the time together sweet? So, a game went awry for a few minutes, people pulled together VERY FAST and it was resolved in very short order. I'm saying it was wonderful; the whole weekend.

Whew, all that to apologize for opening mouth, inserting foot. Twice. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

[This message was edited by Shellon on September 24, 2003 at 13:57.]

Edited by Guest

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tessa,

Wasn't trying to be historically accurate or anything, but the man Oen and I spoke with WAS a park ranger and though I didn't do a search to see if the county is officially dry or not, we did have to leave the county to buy a bottle of wine.

I know what the signs said on the park entrance - - I was just teasing Mikey in fun, "spinning a yarn" - - certainly not being critical of where we stayed or anyone's planning. The park was great. Just was jokin, that's all.

J.

All I know is that like you said, Shell, it was beyond what we expected and whether deputy or park ranger, he said he could take us to jail - no doubt about that! The rest was a hoot. A total hoot.

Oh Sudo, any stories you care to tell?

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

I, for one, saw the signs prohibiting alcohol. Since this was an event of great spiritual significance, I reasoned that it did not apply to us, just those rank unbelievers. Those not in the household could obviously not handle the spiritual depth of what was going on at the Weenie Roast, but their feelings would be hurt if the sign obviously targeted these poor, "empty" souls.

It was obviously the adversary attacking us when the ranger/deputy/cop/boy scout/nascar driver informed us of Tennessee state laws. Boy, don't underestimate the ol' adversary!

That's my story and...no, I don't think I'll be sticking to it icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

P.S. Hey Tom Strange...is that a quote from ELP's Tarkus?

Edited by Guest

OK .....folks......Cory says everything ya'll said about him is probably true or made up for his benefit and thanks ya for the compliments! And he wants to inform ya that he is the park ranger on his farm and it's in a wet county and he has an open door policy for all wanting to go on a real bonefide snipe hunt. We got's lots of them critters around here and your always welcome to participate in a free of charge local weekend hunt.....all you have to do to enter the hunt is eat two pears!

We had a blast.....laying all jokes aside....Tess.....I think you said a mouth full.....not only were the kido's needs met but I think it fullfilled a few grownup needs as well. Your all always welcome here at my ponderosa...including you too sudo.......and I promise not to play any kazoo's while yer here!

I think the biggest thing I learned from the whole experience is ; that no matter where you are in your life ; fellowship with with birds of the same feather helps keep the flock together! I thank you all for the opportunity to enjoy your company this past weekend!

Your friendly tour guides to tha bourbin regions of tha bluegrass! Littlehawk & Cory !

Hawk,

I can't speak for the others, but I would be all for moving the roast to your place. Not only is the price right, but it kinda' ticked me off having the fuzz make us dispose of that hootch. I mean I had to drink so fast I got the hiccups. And Oak was pouring it out faster than I could guzzle it, too!

We really ought to give your kind offer serious consideration. What better place to have a reunion than someone's own home?

sudo

Here's more, guys, from Bowtwi. Thanks to Bluzeman for his server space on Bluzecentral. Thanks Rick! Now.. for the pics:

1cory.jpg

"Outdoorsman extraordinaire Cory"

1boo.jpg

"Boo talking Paw through filming at night"

1hannah.jpg

"Hannah pulling Aaron"

1hawk.jpg

"Hawk.. maintaining proper supplies"

1jard.jpg

"Jardinero demonstrating proper bacon cooking technique"

1mark.jpg

"Mr. and Mrs. Rascal"

1mikey.jpg

"Herbal (with Rascal and AHAT) awake and smelling the coffee"

1oak.jpg

"Oak and Shellon"

1sat.jpg

"Lots of Bonsai deer"

1sudo.jpg

"Sudo, Ahat and Rugrat"

2oak.jpg

"Oak and Mr. Rascal"

2sudo.jpg

"Sudo getting laughed at while trying to act cool"

1cathy.jpg

"Rascal frying up in the skillet.."

WHEW!!!!

sudo
Edited by Guest

No sooner than the call went out for more pics than Paw sent me some of his digital variety. So here they are:

2hawk.jpg

"Littlehawk looking out for revenoorers"

2rascal.jpg

"Rascal.. had JUST sat down, too!"

2jard.jpg

"Jardinero wearing the most common expression seen at the roast"

3oak.jpg

"Oakspear.... during his blue period"

sudo (awaiting more pix)
Edited by Guest

hey!!! are those Woodies diapers in the picture next to him???

depends ....... lol

Couldn't he leave them at home just once???

(thinkin he needed them to laugh till he peeed his pants during the dance)

wrote a song about it:

peed his pants, during the dance,

what you say? peed his way?

I say who? with the kazoo?

peed you say? then he plays?

what a dance, what a night

everything fun,

everything right.

icon_wink.gif;)-->

until NEXT year at Hawks.....

whew, can't wait

suz icon_biggrin.gif:D-->